Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Demeetrus "loving Hell what is this twat doing" Bell....

God drat just mentioning his name makes me eye twitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Anals of History posted:

I don't hate J.J. Watt as a person or player, but I hate everyone who holds up him as any kind of platonic ideal for a football player/man or as a foil to "thugs." Watt enables so many wannabe Cowherds to come out of the woodwork that I kinda wish Watt went full Josh Hamilton and cratered in the most humiliating way possible.

This except I hate JJ Watt the person too. That retarded training camp cabin in the woods WITH NO DISTRACTIONS thing where he just bought a sweet rear end house.

Calling out Mettenberger for a selfie because "this isn't high school" meanwhile

This tweet

He's basically the biggest tryhard. He's Lebron-esque.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Watt is going to get his comeuppance when McFly lures him into a manure pile

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he's a massive tool but hes so drat good

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Does anyone have any more off the field reasons to hate him? That stupid dance at the Rockets game. What else?

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012
I want a Gronk and Watt buddy cop show more than I want Jed York to get hit by a bus. And that's a lot.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Trenchcoat posted:

I want a Gronk and Watt buddy cop show more than I want Jed York to get hit by a bus. And that's a lot.

Directed by someone who doesn't believe in scripted lines, just let them be themselves, give them a direction and let it evolve.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Anorexic Robot posted:

Blaine Gabbert I have never been so angry at a sports team then the night you spiked the ball into the ground every chance you got against the ravens

The Jags won that game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I don't like Clay Matthews, don't really know why

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

I don't like Clay Matthews, don't really know why

it is because he is a dumb rear end in a top hat packer gently caress bucket

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's because he's a good but not great player who gets fellated to hell because he looks like an extra from a History channel special on Germanic tribes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It's because he's a good but not great player who gets fellated to hell because he looks like an extra from a History channel special on Germanic tribes.

Nah

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Trenchcoat posted:

Only because I'd love to see Gronk poo poo all over Watt for being a loving loser

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
At least Clay Matthews is actually good even if he's not great, the fellating AJ Hawk got for years just for being of the quality of "not bad enough to cut" was mind boggling.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

At least Clay Matthews is actually good if not great, the fellating AJ Hawk got for years just for being of the quality of "not bad enough to cut" was mind boggling.

Kroy Bierman is my AJ Hawk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
thread has gone too long without a gently caress shonn greene

gently caress shonn greene

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Trenchcoat posted:

I, too, want this, but only if it's this bus, and only if the bus (company) is also destroyed (by ensuing litigation).

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Detroit_Dogg posted:

At least Clay Matthews is actually good even if he's not great, the fellating AJ Hawk got for years just for being of the quality of "not bad enough to cut" was mind boggling.

dunno who was doing that because it really wasn't any packers fans around here save for retail slave

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Who fellated Hawk? Everybody knew he was on the lower side of mediocre.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Rwy Lewis is, and forever will be my lest favorite player. Until someone murderers a family.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Does anyone have any more off the field reasons to hate him? That stupid dance at the Rockets game. What else?

I don't hate the guy but his whole "I'm going to disappear into a quaint cabin in the woods this offseason because I'm a man of the land" thing fell flat when people posted pictures of the cabin. It was notable enough that Deadspin decided to post about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Rwy Lewis is, and forever will be my lest favorite player. Until someone murderers a family.

Jovan Belcher.

Edit:

Ray Caruth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Jovan Belcher.

Edit:

Ray Caruth.

La'El Collins

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

dunno who was doing that because it really wasn't any packers fans around here save for retail slave

Exactly. Most of us were bitching about his overinflated contract and just waiting for him to gently caress up enough to get cut. I think we all expected him to be good when he was drafted, but it didn't take long for reality to set in.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

He had some fun cameos in "The League" so he's ok in my book.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

goc posted:

And an episode of the New Girl, in which he was very entertaining.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

goc posted:

The League is why Jay Cutler should stay in Chicago forever.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

goc posted:

I don't want reasons to like this mother fucker

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Chilichimp posted:

Jovan Belcher.

Edit:

Ray Caruth.

Should have added the precursor that the family murderer gets away with it then goes on to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated as "God's Linebacker."

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

TubeStank posted:

There was a definite ebb and flow to Packer fans praising AJ Hawk, especially during the Super Bowl run. But it has been years since most anyone tried to claim he was a "solid contributor".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

WHOOPS posted:

There was a definite ebb and flow to Packer fans praising AJ Hawk, especially during the Super Bowl run. But it has been years since most anyone tried to claim he was a "solid contributor".

As someone who lived in Milwaukee until recently, I can tell you this is patently false and there were cries of anguish when he left the Packers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

As someone who lived in Milwaukee until recently, I can tell you this is patently false and there were cries of anguish when he left the Packers.

Of course there were but football fans often latch onto crappy players for some reason. Here though nobody really praised him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Of course there were but football fans often latch onto crappy players for some reason. Here though nobody really praised him.

Kroy Biermann is a perfect example.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TubeStank posted:

I will defend preseason heroes Chris Owusu and Eric Bakhtiari to my dying breath.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I will defend preseason heroes Chris Owusu and Eric Bakhtiari to my dying breath.

Huh didn't know that there were multiple Bakhtiaris

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Eric was the original and he owns.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Eric was the original and he owns.

He was really bad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Owusu should have been a stud. :sigh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Trenchcoat posted:

I want a Gronk and Watt buddy cop show more than I want Jed York to get hit by a
bus. And that's a lot.

If you have wished for the death of a human being because football you are a bad person. If you haven't you are on the wrong message board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

If you have wished for the death of a human being because football you are a bad person. If you haven't you are on the wrong message board.

this is true

• Locked thread