Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
um....can you say "hell to the NO, Bobby"? lol

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
Yeah. On my gyro.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
yeah on my dingus

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

im gyro

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Yes but only the full-fat kind.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
i do. i also put it in curries

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2pXUTW7Sg

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I do not care for yogurt in general

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I dont eat yogurt unless I need to for stomach reasons.

I dont understand why its so popular.

People rely on dairy too much.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

add some fruit and honey to taste, idiot

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I only like yoghurt plain.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i take plain yogurt then put stuff in it, does that count?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

gggiiimmmppp posted:

add some fruit and honey to taste, idiot

yeah plain yogurt with diced strawberries and honey is super good and a staple of my chill diet

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
im gay

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I like it for cooking or with other things mixed in but then its not plain, I dont like it plain

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
I like the one that tasted like yogurt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its a great substitute for sour cream

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I do.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i make chicken curry with it

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
I use it instead of sour cream sometimes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mix it with milk in my heavy bran cereal.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
It's pretty good with honey on it. But, you have to get a more authentic kind, like Fage Total, either whole or 2% (not fat free).

But yeah, just by itself (plain) it's pretty sour and not so great.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I actually like it

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
why do you think theres so much plain yogurt available at the supermarket always.

they're never sold out

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

It is versatile and you can add it into lots of recipes. You're not supposed to eat it straight out of the tub, dingus.

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

Yogurt fan spotted.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gottabefrank posted:

It is versatile and you can add it into lots of recipes. You're not supposed to eat it straight out of the tub, dingus.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yeah

Butt House
Oct 17, 2002

i love you, you jerk
Noosa is the bestest yogurt and if you don't agree it's because you never had it and you're a filthy poor and a liar

it's not greek though...it's like Australian style?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Chinatown posted:

came to post this

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Butt House posted:

Noosa is the bestest yogurt and if you don't agree it's because you never had it and you're a filthy poor and a liar

it's not greek though...it's like Australian style?

noosa tastes good but it's basically candy, more of a desert than anything else. i don't think its australian style, but i could be wrong. i lived in NZ for awhile and their yogurt was really good and minimal on extraneous bullshit and sugar. i havent been able to find much like it in the US

e: yea a serving of ice cream has 1/2 as much sugar and poo poo as a thing of noosa lol

trader joes has really loving good greek yogurt that's actually drat healthy. great for mixing in some oatmeal and stuff in the morning when you don't want something sickeningly sweet like 99% of american yogurts on the market--whether they say "greek" or not. fage is good too

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 4, 2015

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I bought some plain greek yogurt.

Im going to make Tsadtiki with zucchini, shallots, magical spices, and other things.

Its going on my Tri Tip later.

Winning.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's got the lowest carbs of all the yogurts and that's why I buy plain greek yogurt.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chinatown posted:

Yeah that's what I use it for as I am lactose intolerant

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

redshirt posted:

It's got the lowest carbs of all the yogurts and that's why I buy plain greek yogurt.

Even the plain kind has an incredible amount of sugar, so it's not necessarily great for you. Okay in small doses

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dejan Bimble posted:

Even the plain kind has an incredible amount of sugar, so it's not necessarily great for you. Okay in small doses

not really, just depends. a shitton of american 'greek yogurts' are basically ice cream in terms of sugar--albeit with more protein.

for example, noosa as mentioned is lolcandy. yoplait is horrible too

something like fage or trader joe is like this. this tends to be more actual european/nz/other style yogurt where it's not loaded with hfcs for babby palettes. still you'll want to throw in some fresh strawberries/bluebrries and stuff but pretty drat good and good sour cream replacement

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 4, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

My yogurt has 15g per serving, which is a big hit, admittedly, but this is one of my indulgences and as such, no big deal.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

you can make plain greek yogurt from milk with no added sugar very easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i had a legit hard time finding unflavored greek yogurt the other day since it was surrounded on the shelf by like 20 kinds of flavored greek yogurt

Xaris posted:

not really, just depends. a shitton of american 'greek yogurts' are basically ice cream in terms of sugar--albeit with more protein.

for example, noosa as mentioned is lolcandy. yoplait is horrible too

something like fage or trader joe is like this. this tends to be more actual european/nz/other style yogurt where it's not loaded with hfcs for babby palettes. still you'll want to throw in some fresh strawberries/bluebrries and stuff but pretty drat good and good sour cream replacement

easiest way to see if you're getting real greek yogurt is to look at the ingredients. i buy one where the only ingredient is cultured milk.

• Locked thread