Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They are doing a hardcore advertising campaign on YouTube lately and I just don't get it.

Oh wow you chucked a basketball across a field through a burning tire into a hoop after 1000 tries. Lets do a million iterations of the exact same boring trick shot.

Also nice loving name, "dude perfect", lmaoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memento mori
May 4, 2008
I've seen them advertised on hulu. What kind of simpleton would watch that more than just once or twice

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
hosed up poo poo op. Thank you for bringing it to my attention

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also worth mentioning is that these dudes are like 30 years old and apparently do this full time lol

memento mori
May 4, 2008
I'm jealous I haven't thought of some stupid bullshit thing to pay my bills

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

memento mori posted:

I made my millions with caramel machiattos

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
They haven't cracked the youtube code to make the real big bucks you need to look like a Nazi and make rape jokes while playing crappy videogames

memento mori
May 4, 2008
I've thought about getting my girlfriend to start making videos. All she has to do is show some cleavage and wax insipid about games or dildos or whatever.

CCrew
Nov 5, 2007

Chinatown posted:

They are doing a hardcore advertising campaign on YouTube lately and I just don't get it.

Oh wow you chucked a basketball across a field through a burning tire into a hoop after 1000 tries. Lets do a million iterations of the exact same boring trick shot.

This sounds pretty impressive op, that's a lot of tires

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Chinatown posted:

That dude made an impressive shot on video after 1000 tries. I'd watch that.

You posted 15000 something times and not one try led to something worth reading, what the gently caress!?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I've never heard of this and am glad

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Im pretty hip and with it. Some might even call me a hip-ster.

But, ive never heard of your dumb poo poo OP.

Go to bed early.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Can't wait to see an interview with the dude perfect guys where they talk about their artistry and how they are artists and how they have worked hard and perservered to get where they are today

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
id like to thank all the other perfect dudes out there :cheers:

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

please don't dudeshame

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Darf posted:

please don't dudeshame

2015 is the year we end dudeshaming

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rich white guys do rich white guy things. I think half the reason to watch it is to imagine that you too could do this dumb poo poo if you had access to gorgeous facilities and loads of time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The ads keep coming up each time I try and watch LA Beast

it's either them or the annoying quirky women who have zero comedic timing and think slathering everything in snark somehow makes up for that.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Rich white guys do rich white guy things. I think half the reason to watch it is to imagine that you too could be this gay poo poo if you had access to gorgeous wieners and loads of cum.

Too rich for me, chief

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol just lol at their FB page -- https://www.facebook.com/DudePerfect?fref=ts

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ohhhh! Its those guys.

Ok, I know about this a bit more now.

Its still f'ing dumb.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

psyopmonkey posted:

Ohhhh! Its those guys.

Ok, I know about this a bit more now.

Its still f'ing dumb.

It's for jock-y boys in middle and high school, of course it's dumb.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't know man it seems like it would be pretty hard to stay cheerful after hours and hours of trying to throw a football through a tractor tire.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

I've never heard of this and am glad

I hadn't either. That group pretty much defines an entire genre of youtube videos and is also a perfect example of why those kinds of youtube videos are loving awful.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Who knew there would be a fortune to be made in the "feeling good after seeing someone else make a tricky shot into a trash can" market

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

The Taint Reaper posted:

The ads keep coming up each time I try and watch LA Beast

it's either them or the annoying quirky women who have zero comedic timing and think slathering everything in snark somehow makes up for that.

Adblock :cmon:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

lol insdtall adblock

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
It's like Fred Durst's shitter, even more uninventive cousin and that poo poo has been leading every video I loaded for the past few days.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
wow man AWARENESS: RAISED!!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Robo Reagan posted:

lol insdtall adblock

Pretty much what I was gonna post but spelled correctly.

awwwwwwshitson

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

memento mori posted:

i'm gobsmacked how more goons didn't figure out early on that no one online gives even a fractal poo poo about quality. all anyone wants is Now and if you can give them the same Now you first gave them you'll ride those lightning-won't-strike-twice style gibbering fuckspittoons straight through Hell to perfect laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
dude perfect is both sexist and ableist

• Locked thread