Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

. Uhhh y ya aint baang tha crazy k girl tho?;?;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Profondo Rosso posted:

. Uhhh y ya aint baang tha crazy k girl tho?;?;

???????????

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
one of my room mates chopped a bathroom door down with a fireaxe dressed as jason while a girl was taking a piss in there during a halloween party

thats all i got

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

fecal lasagna.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Philthy posted:

one of my room mates chopped a bathroom door down with a fireaxe dressed as jason while a girl was taking a piss in there during a halloween party

thats all i got

he was dedicated to the role

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My roommate hasn't done one load of laundry in almost 4 months

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My roommate hasn't done one load of laundry in almost 4 months

I had a guy in college who was unfamiliar with the concept you actually needed to do laundry

this came out after months of trying to figure out where the smell was coming from

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
my current roommate is very nice and normal and we get along well. :)

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

op looked boring as hell, didn't read but 'korean girl' jumped out. has he smashed her yet or is he super mad and made a thread about how she won't do it?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

opus111 posted:

op looked boring as hell, didn't read but 'korean girl' jumped out. has he smashed her yet or is he super mad and made a thread about how she won't do it?

guess

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao, just neg her op, ask how her parents in china are doing or something. you'll be in the tuna in no time.

Fuckabees
Aug 8, 2012

"White Liiiiiiines, blow through my miiiind"

--The Fat Boys
2/3rds of asian people are into butt stuff OP, makes you think.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
i guess loving her may have been kinda cool. if i could've established a sexual rapport with her i'm sure everything would've worked out fine and dandy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fuckabees posted:

2/3rds of asian people are into butt stuff OP, makes you think.

truly the wisest race

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Yeah a cute Korean girl living with you and massaging your feet, that sounds awful. NOT!! :rolleyes:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

an skeleton posted:

i guess loving her may have been kinda cool. if i could've established a sexual rapport with her i'm sure everything would've worked out fine and dandy

she would have sperm jacked you and you would have been in asian midget pussy for the rest of your life

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i had a prostitute for a roommate once, but other than that i am always the bad roommate :cool:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

true story my roommate in my freshman year at uni was gay and he would bring his boyfriend to the dorm and gently caress him while i was trying to sleep on the bunk above

one time his bf was so drunk he tried to have sex with me

it was a very traumatizing year

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't care at all if my roommate used my milk as long as it wasn't an ongoing thing where I was the only one buying groceries or something.

Unwind, goons.

Reibis
Oct 10, 2008

so jealous... :gibs:
In my years of having roommates, I noticed a common theme. NO one likes doing dishes. Even when there was a dish washer, the dishes were never done.

All of my roommates were great, I got along with them all. The only problem roommate I had was my boyfriend at the time. He never did the dishes, helped himself to roommates groceries, too lazy to find a job, unbearable company. Just one of those people you couldn't bring up concerns to, there is always an elaborate reason why it wasn't done. My god will you get a detailed story why. My ears are still bleeding to this day.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I've had three roommates.

First one would poo poo his shorts, leave them in the bathroom, and only pick them up when I would yell at him about it. He also had loud phone sex and would baby talk his girlfriend for hours on the phone. I eventually changed rooms.

Second would have Skype sex and constantly check to see if I was looking because our beds were pretty close and I was always afraid he'd think I was. He was kind of crazy but it somewhat benefited me because if people next door or in the hall were being loud he'd lose his poo poo and threaten them if they didn't quit "disrespecting us". He moved out while I was in class one day without telling me why which was kind of weird but Halo: Reach released that same day so it was pretty cool. I don't think it was my fault because I was somewhat overly concerned with being the perfect roommate.

Third was a friend with benefits which was great until we "broke up" and I had to sleep on the floor because I couldn't afford a bed.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

bagmonkey posted:

I live with a couple who originally started out living here as roommates. One was my best friend since high school, but now they are some gross weird level of anti-social and anti-fun. Basically in short don't live with a couple unless you're ready to live with a super lovely version of your parents

edit: and if your parents suck, imagine living with a mid-to-late 20s version of your parents

Yeah, my friends are in the same boat right now. Despite having a room of their own the couple is constantly in the living room cuddling, making out, and basically dry humping, so now nobody goes down there or hangs out with them. The guy is one of our best friends from high school, but we don't like his girlfriend at all because she just wastes everyone's drat time with what she thinks is manipulation, but is actually just being a petty irritant. She broke up with her last boyfriend by not speaking with him for months and loving other guys which would actually be kinda funny, so long as my friend didn't hear this and immediately think "ah yes, she's the one". As i've watched the situation progress basically the conclusion i've come to is don't houseshare when there's even one person of the opposite gender

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
all of my roommates have died under mysterious circumstances op

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my SO is like a roommate only I'm not allowed to say poo poo when she yells at me about wiping up a bit of tomato sauce with a kitchen towel that hangs on the oven. it's like wtf am I supposed to use to clean it up then??

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Libelous Slander posted:

all of my roommates have died under mysterious circumstances op

Coincidence!

I love roommate threads because it helps me justify the extra $500/month I spend to live alone.
I would never have another person in my house even if they paid the whole rent. Not worth it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Shoulda hosed the Korean chick.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My roommate was Goku and he was surprisingly respectful in regards to not eating the food I bought.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Korean chick was obsessed with where you were because she thought you were her waifu

missed opportunity to gently caress her

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Jastiger posted:

You need to follow Jastigers three cardinal rules of room mates. After being in the military I have sworn off roommates of any and all kinds unless:

1. I am loving them.

2. There will be zero complaints

3. They are a minor

Sharing living space with people that aren't under these rules is automatically disqualified.

Traveling Salesman
Nov 27, 2007

Merchant of Death
I've had my share of bad roommates. This is one of those stories.

When I got out of rehab I was in a new, unfamiliar city. I found a small house to rent behind the cafe where I was working. I didn't know anyone else so I asked a couple of guys I knew from rehab to split the rent with me. We all went through the same program and for the most part we were all well hinged. Well as time goes each of us start to crack. One guy who was living in the basement started smashing cases of beer every single day. Never had food to eat but he was good for a beer. Later on he started adopting this whole "party bro" mentality. Every time he entered the room he had to be the fun, upbeat, high energy guy that made stuff happen. Outside of the house he was incredibly shy and insecure but was always the first one to say how much more awesome things would be if a few women were around. As if we were supposed to supply him with these. The other guy started smoking weed again. Every day first thing he would do is get us all to smoke a blunt with him. It made him lazy and he would leave his mess all over the house. Including his clothes, dishes, and garbage. He did however buy the first couch we had for the house. He went totally nuts if you ate or spilled anything on it. One day the guy bought a big 24" TV and played xbox every single day after work. If you were using it when he wanted to play a game he'd tell you to piss off and come back later. Me? I had very few possessions, mostly just cookware. Everyone enjoyed abusing the fact that I had so much hardware for the kitchen. I could never just go in there and cook something. I had to clean everything first. At first I kept a lot of food in the house because I enjoyed cooking. After months of having things disappear and no one replacing any thing. I just started eating at the cafe where I worked. I had the keys so I would go in at all hours, with my bosses permission, and eat whatever I could make. There was free internet there as well and as time went on I started hanging out there after hours more than I hung out at home. Soon, I stopped buying groceries. As my basement roommate dove further into his new found alcoholism and smoked more and more weed with my other roommate. They began to bond and share harsh opinions about me. I was the 'uptight' one who constantly nagged everyone to clean up after themselves. I could never just let anyone have fun. I turned into the "downer". My roomie with the big screen TV got a girl friend and within two weeks they were moving in together. This caused a lot of resentment with the subterranean roommate. The big screen TV and the couch gone we made things work the best we could but things took a turn one night. After having spent all of his money on weed and beer, having none for food. My roomie, moved in upstairs by this time, demanded that I go to the cafe and get him some food. He knew that I had been spending time over there and wanted in. I refused and went to bed but that wasn't the end of it. He came into my room while I was passed out, took the keys and went in. Not knowing the code for the security alarm cut his visit short and I woke up to a phone call from my boss. Long story, my boss agreed not to press charges if he moved out and went far away. So he did and as a result I had to move as well because I couldn't afford the place on my own. Wish that I could say I learned my lesson but I got into the same situation agin with my next roommate.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

I once got in a big fight with my room mate and it ruined our friendship. However now that I have grown up and can reflect on the situation, I think we were both being selfish and unreasonable. well, thats it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Jastiger posted:

You need to follow Jastigers three cardinal rules of room mates. After being in the military I have sworn off roommates of any and all kinds unless:

1. I am loving them. If we're sharing places were sharing beds, either at will or all the time. I'm not going to give up walking around naked for you.

2. They do literally everything around the house. Called the mom rule. If we're not fuckin, then I'm not cleaning up after you. Or myself. Chores will be done on my time table or by you. There will be zero complaints about dirty dishes, clothes, or other areas.

3. They are a minor or a family member. Only then can the prior rules be broken, and only for transient statuses. Family can stay over if needed, but no permanent stays. Anything longer than a month you are under rule #2

Sharing living space with people that aren't under these rules is automatically disqualified. Room mates are bullshit and I don't get why people put up with that nonsense.

So how often do you get that dream child you gently caress who doesn't complain? And how often do you "get rid of" those raped kids who do?

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014

Traveling Salesman posted:

I've had my share of bad roommates. This is one of those stories.

When I got out of rehab I was in a new, unfamiliar city. I found a small house to rent behind the cafe where I was working. I didn't know anyone else so I asked a couple of guys I knew from rehab to split the rent with me. We all went through the same program and for the most part we were all well hinged. Well as time goes each of us start to crack. One guy who was living in the basement started smashing cases of beer every single day. Never had food to eat but he was good for a beer. Later on he started adopting this whole "party bro" mentality. Every time he entered the room he had to be the fun, upbeat, high energy guy that made stuff happen. Outside of the house he was incredibly shy and insecure but was always the first one to say how much more awesome things would be if a few women were around. As if we were supposed to supply him with these. The other guy started smoking weed again. Every day first thing he would do is get us all to smoke a blunt with him. It made him lazy and he would leave his mess all over the house. Including his clothes, dishes, and garbage. He did however buy the first couch we had for the house. He went totally nuts if you ate or spilled anything on it. One day the guy bought a big 24" TV and played xbox every single day after work. If you were using it when he wanted to play a game he'd tell you to piss off and come back later. Me? I had very few possessions, mostly just cookware. Everyone enjoyed abusing the fact that I had so much hardware for the kitchen. I could never just go in there and cook something. I had to clean everything first. At first I kept a lot of food in the house because I enjoyed cooking. After months of having things disappear and no one replacing any thing. I just started eating at the cafe where I worked. I had the keys so I would go in at all hours, with my bosses permission, and eat whatever I could make. There was free internet there as well and as time went on I started hanging out there after hours more than I hung out at home. Soon, I stopped buying groceries. As my basement roommate dove further into his new found alcoholism and smoked more and more weed with my other roommate. They began to bond and share harsh opinions about me. I was the 'uptight' one who constantly nagged everyone to clean up after themselves. I could never just let anyone have fun. I turned into the "downer". My roomie with the big screen TV got a girl friend and within two weeks they were moving in together. This caused a lot of resentment with the subterranean roommate. The big screen TV and the couch gone we made things work the best we could but things took a turn one night. After having spent all of his money on weed and beer, having none for food. My roomie, moved in upstairs by this time, demanded that I go to the cafe and get him some food. He knew that I had been spending time over there and wanted in. I refused and went to bed but that wasn't the end of it. He came into my room while I was passed out, took the keys and went in. Not knowing the code for the security alarm cut his visit short and I woke up to a phone call from my boss. Long story, my boss agreed not to press charges if he moved out and went far away. So he did and as a result I had to move as well because I couldn't afford the place on my own. Wish that I could say I learned my lesson but I got into the same situation agin with my next roommate.
24 inch tv isn't really a big screen man, mines 36 and I feel like it's tiny

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No one accused ya'll of reading comprehension skills.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Yesterday I was making chili and couldn't find the can opener. I texted my room mate after like half an hour of searching and he said it was in the bathroom drawer, becuase he used it to open a shower beer, and then while cleaning the bathroom decided the best place for it was the drawer. :downs: That's my story, God bless.

Traveling Salesman
Nov 27, 2007

Merchant of Death

Jastiger posted:

No one accused ya'll of reading comprehension skills.
I will never admit to this.

drunkelberger posted:

24 inch tv isn't really a big screen man, mines 36 and I feel like it's tiny

To be fair, we only sat about three and a half feet from the thing and this was almost four years ago. Present day I own a TV larger than that but at the time it was the largest TV that I had access to.

Ghaz posted:

I once got in a big fight with my room mate and it ruined our friendship. However now that I have grown up and can reflect on the situation, I think we were both being selfish and unreasonable. well, thats it

Hey man, or maybe you were right and they were being a close minded, self righteous rear end in a top hat. But it's whatev's.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I once had to take away a large knife from a not-quite roommate (he was more of a constant couch warmer that had his own place a few miles away) because he was all drugged up and was going on about how he "liked the way it felt on his skin."

Another instance of his drugged up times include his going into the bathroom for a while, shaving his pubes, and coming back out with a crotch somewhat bloody and wearing only what I can call a diaper made of saran wrap.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

my SO is like a roommate only I'm not allowed to say poo poo when she yells at me about wiping up a bit of tomato sauce with a kitchen towel that hangs on the oven. it's like wtf am I supposed to use to clean it up then??

a wet sponge or a wad of napkins/tp stolen from taco bell. the towel is there to dry it, and maybe to remove hot food from the oven.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

after years of not really giving a crap about if people use up milk or spices or minor consumable poo poo like lightbulbs because honestly who cares, I've learned that the only way to head off some socially stunted retard interpreting that as meaning i'm their bitch and all of my stuff belongs to them by right of conquest is to enforce a zero tolerance touch my poo poo and you're evicted policy right off the bat

reasonable behavior is well and good for a community of reasonable people but you're probably living with the guy who resorts to biological warfare over two dollars and change of food that he ate

It's actually the chick who is the worst offender. She has my ex-best-friend pretty much 100% whipped and doesn't do much around here. She will sweep once and a while, walks the dog too, but that's about it. Thing is, she is incredibly petty like that, so maybe she's just That Guy With A Vagina Instead.

I could go on and on but I'm going to get drunk instead thanks bye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
One time I was drunk as h*ck and put on my roommates oven mitt to open the stove then grabbed the 400 degree pan with the un-gloved hand. gently caress roommates

• Locked thread