Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

timp posted:

I'd probably go:

1. Gronk
2. Graham
3. Olsen
4. Kelce
5. Any other TE interchangeably

Still a lot to learn about what Graham's role is going to be like in Seattle, though...

Where is Zach Sudfeld on this list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Studfeld*

Anyway all TEs are just varying levels of inconsistent suck except Gronk and Graham so throw em in a blender gently caress it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Kyle Rudolph will never step aside. He will be a breakout TE candidate in 2025 long after I have stopped caring about fantasy

so he is the josh freeman of tightends?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

This year my goal is to convince someone to draft Josh Gordon

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
"After Tom Brady wins his appeal Goodell's going to be forced to be more lenient and will shorten Gordon's suspension as well."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please never mention Josh Gordon again, tia.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

Please never mention Josh Gordon again, tia.

But he's this year's Justin Blackmon!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am trying to transition a league to ESPN. The offensive player utility in the roster settings is equivalent to a QB/WR/RB/TE flex, correct?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yes.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Abdullah went 1.04 in our rookie draft today :eyepop:

Was going to trade my 2.01 for 1.09 if he was still there but he went way earlier than i thought. I bet this dude's ADP will surpass Gordon's at some point before the season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

drizzle posted:

Abdullah went 1.04 in our rookie draft today :eyepop:

Was going to trade my 2.01 for 1.09 if he was still there but he went way earlier than i thought. I bet this dude's ADP will surpass Gordon's at some point before the season.

Went 14th in mine, but that's with weirdos that took winston/mariota and a defensive end of all things 11-13

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The Abdullah hype train is going to go off the rails at some point - I love him, but who knows what that situation could be like. (fantasy_drafts_in_may.txt)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gyshall posted:

The Abdullah hype train is going to go off the rails at some point - I love him, but who knows what that situation could be like. (fantasy_drafts_in_may.txt)

Jamey Eisenberg was talking about him as a top-25 back. I imagine it's going to get worse (higher ADP) from there. Does nobody remember Bishop Sankey?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

Jamey Eisenberg was talking about him as a top-25 back. I imagine it's going to get worse (higher ADP) from there. Does nobody remember Bishop Sankey?

Sankey was never a good running back tho. He was a mediocre back in a great situation and ended up being more mediocre than their other options.

:mediocre:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Spoeank posted:

Silva is all over his nuts too.

I'm high on Abdullah as a talent, but Joique is still "good" and I don't see him losing his job to a rookie right off the bat. Also Zach Zenner is a guy too, at best case I see the backfield being a serious RBBC.

I'm also high on Melvin Gordon, but that is more because of fit + talent + lack of competition.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Yeah no one really thought Sankey was really any good except for a few crazies

Joique Bell is actually pretty old for a RB too which most people don't realize

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Gyshall posted:

I'm high on Abdullah as a talent, but Joique is still "good" and I don't see him losing his job to a rookie right off the bat. Also Zach Zenner is a guy too, at best case I see the backfield being a serious RBBC.

Yeah, I don't see him unseating Joique in a fantasy-meaningful way until at least the end of the season. At least not a likely scenario that I want to put a bet down on at this time. We'll see how the splits go in the pre-season, should help answer the question a bit.

drizzle posted:

It was always a "Shonn Greene sucks" play in my mind. As soon as Sankey showed nothing and Whisenhunt declined to play him much, I was tapping out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the thing with sankey was that whiz wouldn't give him consistent carries because gotta give greene the ball and the oline was really really hurt last season. he would one or two carries then whiz would switch hbs so he couldn't get in a groove

i will defend sankey forever :colbert:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

drizzle posted:

Joique Bell is actually pretty old for a RB too which most people don't realize

29 when the season starts, so sure, old, but certainly should be good for at least another 1-2 years, and that's being pretty conservative. He's had fewer than 500 career carries and 150 career receptions.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Metapod posted:

the thing with sankey was that whiz wouldn't give him consistent carries because gotta give greene the ball and the oline was really really hurt last season. he would one or two carries then whiz would switch hbs so he couldn't get in a groove

i will defend sankey forever :colbert:

Hey man, he's on my dynasty team so I'm all aboard the "Get better Sankey" train

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joique Bell's usage makes him a "young" 29 though.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Spoeank posted:

Joique Bell's usage makes him a "young" 29 though.

The Fred Jackson Effect.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
JBell is entirely a volume back. He's really bad on a per play basis. He was 50th in ypc, 60th in catch rate, Football Outsiders has him 38th in DVOA, and player profiler has him 55th in production premium.

Dudes like this have their place (see: Asiata) but JBell is not a guy I'd be comfortable counting on for the season.

My guess is a rbbc with Bell getting goal line carries and Abdullah getting some extra work on passing plays. They both seem over drafted to me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fred Jackson has an adamantium skeleton though so that isn't a fair comparison.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Bill Brasky once toasted to Fred Jackson

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, help me out with my dynasty draft here. Do I take: Garret Grayson who is awesome and could totally replace Brees some day (and stashable on my taxi squad), or Tyrod Taylor, who could potentially beat out Matt Cassel and be at least a cool dude this year.

I have Brady and Bridgewater and we're late in the 6th round of a 16 team/8 round rookie/fa draft.

I also want to grab MyCole Pruitt at some point because I love any TE that Norv loves, but he will probably last.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Neither, get Brett Hundley if you're looking for a long term QB stash

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
With Amari Cooper, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, and Nelson Agholor of the board receiver wise I was going to pick up either Green-Beckham or Breshad Perriman in my rookie draft. Green-Beckham seems like the raw beast of talent going to a questionable team, versus Perriman who is good and going to a better fit for him.

Anyone who knows college players better than I have any opinions? Or maybe neither of those guys, the rest of the WR class is available too.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Comfortador posted:

With Amari Cooper, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, and Nelson Agholor of the board receiver wise I was going to pick up either Green-Beckham or Breshad Perriman in my rookie draft. Green-Beckham seems like the raw beast of talent going to a questionable team, versus Perriman who is good and going to a better fit for him.

Anyone who knows college players better than I have any opinions? Or maybe neither of those guys, the rest of the WR class is available too.

Perriman is a wr who is fast and can't catch the ball very well.

DGB has the tools to be a dominant wr but he got in trouble off the field in college.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Any Dynasty / My Fantasy League gurus in the house?

I'm putting together a startup dynasty league with a bunch of friends this year, and we're trying to figure out some of the initial details. Couple of questions:

Any thoughts on the merits of 20 man vs. 30 man rosters? Or other sizes to consider?
Having just done a 24 round slow draft with Goons, I still feel like there were plenty of options available to take once the draft finished, but it might make the waiver wire incredibly barren. We are likely not doing IDP, and probably structuring rosters as follows: 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 RB/WR/TE / 1 Defense / 1 Kicker.

In practice, how do kickers and defense play out in Dynasty?
Are they worth the headache, or should we look at IDP as another high variance positional option to add in? I'm worried that doing dynasty + IDP is going to be a lot of new poo poo for these guys.

Is there a way to do a combination live/email drafts in MFL?
Assuming we go with deep benches and do a 30 round startup draft, I'd like to mix a live draft with a slow email draft to keep things interesting, probably about half-and-half. Is there a way to do that with MFL? Or will I manually have to load players in to make it work?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
E: Dynasty league spot taken, thanks goons!

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 27, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

Any Dynasty / My Fantasy League gurus in the house?

I'm putting together a startup dynasty league with a bunch of friends this year, and we're trying to figure out some of the initial details. Couple of questions:

Any thoughts on the merits of 20 man vs. 30 man rosters? Or other sizes to consider?
Having just done a 24 round slow draft with Goons, I still feel like there were plenty of options available to take once the draft finished, but it might make the waiver wire incredibly barren. We are likely not doing IDP, and probably structuring rosters as follows: 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 RB/WR/TE / 1 Defense / 1 Kicker.

In practice, how do kickers and defense play out in Dynasty?
Are they worth the headache, or should we look at IDP as another high variance positional option to add in? I'm worried that doing dynasty + IDP is going to be a lot of new poo poo for these guys.

Is there a way to do a combination live/email drafts in MFL?
Assuming we go with deep benches and do a 30 round startup draft, I'd like to mix a live draft with a slow email draft to keep things interesting, probably about half-and-half. Is there a way to do that with MFL? Or will I manually have to load players in to make it work?

We use rosters of 24 and 2IR spots in both of my dynasty leagues and it works rather well. 30 would be a bit much IMO. Personally I hate kickers and see no benefit to using them, and even DSTs are pretty varied. One thing that might be fun is to use MFL's system of Team-based positions. So Team Defensive Linebacker, Team Defensive Lineman, Team Defensive Back, and Team Special Teams. I wouldn't know precisely how to score it, but it seems like it would be kind of cool to say you have the pass rush of the Texans, the defensive line of the Jets, and the secondary of the Seahawks. With special teams I might look at return yards. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

So something like 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1TLB/1TDL/1TDB/1TST. With 12 players maybe I would boost the roster size to 30 since my other leagues use 10 players.

You can do both a slow and live draft in MFL. Maybe do a live draft for the free agents and the e-mail draft for rookies.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Not sure if anyone here visits the Reddit Fantasy football Subreddit but some guy has a write up on Offensive Lines for this year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/37rdnb/your_big_guide_to_offensive_lines_this_year_and/

Thought it was interesting. A few of the better teams he points out were the Eagles, Saints, Cowboys and Browns.

After reading it I have to admit that I'll be paying attention more to whats going on with the Saint RB's and I didn't have any interest in Spiller before. Seems like he might be a nice value.

He likes Lamar Miller for this year too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

axelord posted:

Miller is good but doesn't get high usage because of dipshit coach so y'all have been warned

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axelord posted:

Not sure if anyone here visits the Reddit Fantasy football Subreddit but some guy has a write up on Offensive Lines for this year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/37rdnb/your_big_guide_to_offensive_lines_this_year_and/

Thought it was interesting. A few of the better teams he points out were the Eagles, Saints, Cowboys and Browns.

After reading it I have to admit that I'll be paying attention more to whats going on with the Saint RB's and I didn't have any interest in Spiller before. Seems like he might be a nice value.

I was just about to post this. Awesome work.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Metapod posted:

Miller is good but doesn't get high usage because of dipshit coach so y'all have been warned

See also: Saints running backs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Azhais posted:

This, THIS is the year that Payton finally commits AND STICKS to the run....

Bwahahahaha. :)

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Azhais posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be taking either Miller or the Saints RB's early but if they go late enough why not?

For example Miller is rated 20th overall in standard by 4for4 with an ADP of mid 3rd round. Last year he was a low RB1/high RB2. If the Miami line is has improved like in that guys write up seems like a good value in the 3rd round.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

axelord posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be taking either Miller or the Saints RB's early but if they go late enough why not?

For example Miller is rated 20th overall in standard by 4for4 with an ADP of mid 3rd round. Last year he was a low RB1/high RB2. If the Miami line is has improved like in that guys write up seems like a good value in the 3rd round.
I think the Saints RBs are worth their ADP for sure. Pretty much every move the Saints made this off-season indicates they want to run the ball more. The big free agent signings were both RBs in Ingram and Spiller. They traded for and drafted linemen with Unger and Peat. They lost two big receiving targets in Kenny Stills and Jimmy Graham (who is also known as a poor blocker). If they don't involve RBs more, I would be shocked. Spiller, in particular, I think will be worthwhile. I can see the Saints getting behind with their terrible defense and needing to have him on the field to play catchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
cooks is going to have a huge year with graham and stills no longer there

• Locked thread