Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I posted in the N/V thread a while back, but I'm looking to play again. I have been for years, but I haven't really had the drive to get into any kind of baseball shape. Until now, really. So what if I'm an almost 28 year old corner outfielder with a 0-first base time of eventually, I can play again. I haven't played for roughly 14 years, but I still have that itch. There are some adult wooden bat competitive leagues around town that I'm looking to tryout for next year, so that's my goal.

Right now, I'm taking some early morning BP with a $20 Joey Votto signature bat and a $20 tee, and drat it feels nice to hit some balls. I've been working on a different location every time I go out there to see where my swing is at. As far as I can tell, I still have some power behind my swing and I still have a decent arm. I am having fun doing whatever it is I can out there. One of my friends is trying to get a pitching machine home run derby together for some time in the near future. I should hit a batting cage before then because I haven't seen a ball coming at me in years.

gently caress, I want to play again so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The soreness that comes with breaking the rust that has built up after a 13 year layoff is almost too real. But, I'm making a full comeback to this loving game. I still have [some of] it in me.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Tried to bunt at the batting cage last night and took a 70 mph pitch off the thumb. Might've actually just ended my comeback before it started. 😔

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Accident Underwater posted:

Oh geez. Is it broken? If it isn't you should be be okay to play in a week or two.

Looks gnarly but ibuprofen is killing the pain/swelling and I'm regaining strength/mobility.

• Locked thread