Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
I loving love Uber. I'm only a rider so if the problems are so rampant and bad I must be extremely lucky with the drivers I get. I've taken cabs in the past after drinking and I live in the suburbs about 8 miles from the south end of the city proper and my fares were a crazy ~$30 with tip for one way (8 miles) trip. Also, since the majority of the two taxi companies stayed in the central downtown area it meant I was lucky to get a ride to show up on the south end within 15 minutes or less ~ if at all. When a driver was friendly, I'd ask where they were from, how they like the job etc... and ever single cabbie complained about their job. Every drat one. Saying vehicle costs, etc... cut into their tip pay.

Since I've started taking Uber, the fare was only ~$10 + tip so I upped my tip amount to be about ~$15 just because of the savings over a cab. In addition to nights I go out drinking, instead of busing to a job site during the day, I sometimes contact Uber and they've on more than one occasion given me their personal phone number for trips outside of the city. I also asked them the same questions as the I did the cabbies and every single one of them said something positive.

Maybe it's the lovely cab service here or the crap public transportation but, Uber drivers here have been overwhelmingly friendly and positive about the job.

Oh, and the fact that I don't have to carry cash because the cabs here almost outright refuse credit cards and I never carry cash.

Uber itself being exploitive or not, I've always had the impression cab companies in my city were exploitive as gently caress but, with shittier and more expensive service. When I visit other cities I would occasionally use them in tight situations I couldn't or didn't need a rental and my god it's annoying no matter what city. gently caress taxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread