Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
People itt seem really bitter about uber. My friend has been a driver for the last 8 months in a medium-small college town. He loves the job and makes s decent amount of money, especially on game days. Yeah it will wear your car down faster but you won't be doing maintenance every month like some people make it seem.

The thing to do is work until you have some regular clients, then ditch uber and do them privately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Well if your friend says he is totally stacking bills then obviously everyone else is wrong and illegal cabbing is a boom business that nobody ever thought of until 2009.

It's doing well in the towns I have used it so far. No reason to ever use a taxi over uber/lyft/others. He used uber to get to know enough clients to drive them privately now which is what every driver should try to do.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I'm curious if anyone has complaints as riders or just as drivers? Has anyone had a bad experience with uber as a passenger?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

luminalflux posted:

Same, never had a problem with Uber not showing up in SF. I have had Lyfts not be able to figure out how to get off Market and on to my office's street during Chinese New Year, and had one keep continuing down the highway without any sign of turning around to come to where I was in East Bay.

I still prefer to take Lyft over Uber since you can tip and also because they seem to treat their drivers a little better.

You can tip Uber drivers cash if you have it. You can do card tips with Lyft?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

tsa posted:

It's the same pay as Denny's except you need to purchase an expensive car just to have the privileged of working. Ignoring the all of legal and personal risks a driver is taking, the legal gray zone (where it's not already outlawed) and a billion other things. It's weird how many left leaning people support such an awful and exploitative business model. Also :lol: at the glorification of taxi driving into an "interesting" job.

e:

There's no doubting it's definitely a good option for the passengers in a lot of places, if you don't mind supporting such an exploitative company.

Nobody has to work for Uber. "Exploitive" jobs in the US is laughable.

• Locked thread