Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Tautologicus posted:

Goons..

The ubiquity of smartphones made it possible in 2009 HTH

Are you under the impression gypsy cabs didn't exist until six years ago?

goodness posted:

It's doing well in the towns I have used it so far. No reason to ever use a taxi over uber/lyft/others. He used uber to get to know enough clients to drive them privately now which is what every driver should try to do.

You're right. This way, when you crash, not only will your insurance company refuse to fix your car and drop you, but you won't even get the protection of Uber's lovely liability coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Boris Galerkin posted:

You get kicked from driving for going under 4.7 stars? Out of 5.0? The hell? I've taken Uber a handful of times and have always just given 3 stars if I even remember to rate them at all because what the hell 3 is average and that's how I feel about every ride I've gotten. I mean they've all taken me from point A to B and I don't really care if they're well dressed or offer me candy or anything like a lot of them do.

E: I've given a few 2s before too just because the guy just won't shut up and let me browse the Internet on my phone or play a game in peace. Oh well it's not my fault the rating system is so hosed up.

Are you joking? Do you also give neutral feedback on Ebay when a seller ships you something on time and in working condition? Giving anything less than a 5 out of 5 (or 10 out of 10, etc) to rate the exchange of goods or services has been giving a negative review for at least as long as the internet has existed.

• Locked thread