Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I was just in Cannes, and Uber Drivers had come down from Paris to deal with the overflow for the festival.

UberPop was dirt cheap, as only 4-6 euros for a 5 min drive, (with 3 people cheaper than the bus) and even the black cars were more reasonable than the Taxis, while always providing water and acting like your own personal private driver. We were staying a bit further out, and basically uber made that a complete non-issue. Saving us ~100 euros a day on rent, while only spending an extra ~10-20 euros on transportation per day.

So much cheaper than in NYC too. Apparently the legality of Uber is grey in France though, but holy crap compared to the shittiness of french cabs I'm used to... it was huge. Also Drivers seemed genuinely happy. Getting any job in France is a non-trivial matter, so the idea that you can just work whenever you feel like it was really cool to most of the drivers I met. And the Black Cars, while costing the same as a Cab, was usually an infinity or a mercedes, something super fancy.

I have no idea about the economics of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread