Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
At first glance the only annoying thing is that there are a ton of servers. Can a character hop between servers or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

At first glance the only annoying thing is that there are a ton of servers. Can a character hop between servers or no?

Player Yes, Character No. However, you start out as a day one newb with all of the benefits of the most bitter vet after they take a shotgun to the face.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Normal Adult Human posted:

How many child rapists are there per capita?

So why play with us? We’re Goonswarm, plus our buddies from Eve we brought along to crash this zombie party. That means we bring the talents of a coalition of tens of thousands, honed over a decade in nightmarish internet space-war against impossible odds in one of the hardest and most obtuse games in the world - and all of those nifty tricks directly translate into H1Z1: our coordination group, our recon section, our fleet commanders, our logistics division, all of it has an analogue in H1Z1 due to their common lineage descended from Ultima Online.

You do the math.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

net cafe scandal posted:

So why play with us? We’re Goonswarm, plus our buddies from Eve we brought along to crash this zombie party. That means we bring the talents of a coalition of tens of thousands, honed over a decade in nightmarish internet space-war against impossible odds in one of the hardest and most obtuse games in the world - and all of those nifty tricks directly translate into H1Z1: our coordination group, our recon section, our fleet commanders, our logistics division, all of it has an analogue in H1Z1 due to their common lineage descended from Ultima Online.

You do the math.

How the hell does any of that help me ambush retards in a bathroom with a machete?
Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed my time playing with Goonswarm related communities, but I fail to see what any of that eve poo poo has to do with anything in H1Z1, besides that you have doods and a mumble.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please don't mistake me for a member of this cartel of child predators.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You have a different character on each server, probably with the same name. You don't have to level into weapons. You only have to equip them. The goon base is stocked with weapons. Go there. Equip yourself. Try not to kill other goons.

If you want to try your hand at crafting, the bases are stocked with enough stuff that you'll save many many hours of wandering around finding stuff on your own.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So what server are most goons playing on? I really like that it isn't that hard to get equipped again after you die.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Badass.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

blackguy32 posted:

So what server are most goons playing on? I really like that it isn't that hard to get equipped again after you die.

Hop on the TMC mumble and Jabber and find out.

https://www.themittani.com/news/tmc-launches-free-public-mumble-server

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Wow this sounds epic, where do I submit my résumé?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone post their mumble or whatever info in the thread so dirty pubbies can infiltrate their zombie corp

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wow, it figures that the imp zone would be jealous of the talents of a coalition of tens of thousands with a common lineage descended from Ultima Online. Instead of dissing the hard work of the unquestioned, dominant imperial power of EVE online, maybe you should try out this video game with Goons. After all, they have the best mentoring and newbie training system any guild, clan, or coalition has ever seen, for all your fun times, and more

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Control Volume posted:

Wow, it figures that the imp zone would be jealous of the talents of a coalition of tens of thousands with a common lineage descended from Ultima Online. Instead of dissing the hard work of the unquestioned, dominant imperial power of EVE online, maybe you should try out this video game with Goons. After all, they have the best mentoring and newbie training system any guild, clan, or coalition has ever seen, for all your fun times, and more

4/10. The effort's there, but I'm just not feeling it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Thanks for showing me the ropes last night. Looking forward to raising some hell in the coming weeks.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
It was fun not being killed running by myself trying to learn how to survive.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

When playing solo learn how to make land mines, and always carry one. That way you can mine your body just before you bleed out.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

galaxies fans you can come home now and play our lovely zombie shooter.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
The Boatman Cometh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZ-dQOuiEI

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Hagop posted:

When playing solo learn how to make land mines, and always carry one. That way you can mine your body just before you bleed out.

I'm convinced. Buying this game when I get home.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Marxalot posted:

I'm convinced. Buying this game when I get home.

It should be noted that this takes a bit more skill than it sound like, and most of the time fights go.

Walk around corner/through door/between buildings/ hear the sound of a fire squad, die.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
I read the OP and a few posts in between. I really enjoy hearing about all the EVE antics. But I don't play MMOs and I don't have a ton time to invest. Is there a way to be a valuable cog in this game and have fun, while only hopping on intermittently? Sorry if this is a question that has been asked a billion times!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you can make time to predate on one child per week, you'll be pulling your weight in Goonswarm.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
That's where situational awareness comes into play. If I'm out solo scavenging and I hear pubbie voices/footsteps/gunfire I'll bunker up for a few and keep a low profile. If I can get an idea of where they are I'll setup an ambush. You'd be amazed at how many people simply aren't paying attention to the world around them. I've shadowed groups of players many times, waiting to pick off one or two when they separated. The best part is if they are using ingame coms you'll overhear their efforts to find you after killing one, so you can adjust.

A couple of nights ago I overheard some pubbie telling his friend that he had just found 30 rounds of shotgun ammo on a zombie (If you die to a zombie, and your loot isn't recovered another zombie will spawn with your loot). 30 rounds is actually a significant chunk of ammo in this game, for shotguns I usually just carry 10 on me. I wanted that ammo for my horde. It would save me literally an hour of scavenging ammo 1-2 at a time and melting them down to recraft into shotgun ammo. Not to mention he may have other stuff I want. These guys were opening discussing where they were hitting in the town they were in "First the police station, to get more ammo/guns, then the church to get the night vision goggles that spawn there (Inexplicably)."

No use ambushing them in the police station, why not let them collect all that ammo and bring it to me? Besides I probably wouldn't beat them there. So I hoof it to the church and close the door behind me (Door opening gives me a critical second to react, and alerts me in case my mind is drifting, so I close doors behind me to act as mini alarms). I hear gunfire down the road which means the police station was probably contested, but you'd be amazed at how many people wander in there solo, so I'm going to stick it out. Besides two other goons are on the way from the base to pick up NVG's as well. I can just hang out here then leave in force. About a minute goes by then a single guy pops the door to the church. One rack of the shotgun and he's done. I kick the door closed again and proceed to dig into the spoils.

He had on him a compass (Super useful!) a proper map (Semi useful), about 200~ rounds of random ammo he had scavenged from the police station/that zombie. A helmet which I was lacking so I shoved it on my head, and enough food and water to keep me stocked for hours of rambling around, along with some explosive components (Which are annoying to get, so thanks!)

All in all I got an impressive amount of stuff that would have equaled a few hours of me rambling around getting it on my own. And I got some sweet night visions.

EDIT: All in all I got enough poo poo off his body to fully kit out another two goons to go wander and cause havoc.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 8, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Oh god. I can see it now.
"the base is green the base is green....the base is red. If you went in you got shot. Why did you go in?"

Looks interesting. I've been winning Eve for the better part of a year now, but this looks like it could pull me back to the embrace of Waffe.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Milovan Drecun posted:

I read the OP and a few posts in between. I really enjoy hearing about all the EVE antics. But I don't play MMOs and I don't have a ton time to invest. Is there a way to be a valuable cog in this game and have fun, while only hopping on intermittently? Sorry if this is a question that has been asked a billion times!

Okay bootlick, we need you to go here and do this. That is pretty much all I care about doing and having fun at it. Killing other unsuspecting players and teabagging them for fun is an added bonus.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Good god, this game needs *horses*.

Breed them, harvest their poo poo for fertilizer, feed them crops, hydrate them, craft saddlebags and buggies for moving cargo/people...and most importantly, hard code them to *stick to the ground*, unlike vehicles which can skyrocket and flip at the slightest bad collision with an object. And unlike vehicles, you should be able to *shoot* from a horse, and in emergency situations, shoot the damned thing and harvest the meat and fat for biofuel. Obviously they should be more fragile than vehicles.

I'd also say the game needs ATVs and motorbikes, but honestly the thought of something smaller that moves *faster* than the truck or Jeep would be fodder for Youtube videos at this point.

Also, you could pretty easily if zombies were real harvest *their* corpses for biofuel.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That'd be great, but it'd be another thing new for them to program instead of just copying the code out of Planetside 2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

If you can make time to predate on one child per week, you'll be pulling your weight in Goonswarm.
Predate 'em? Hell, they can't even manage to regular date 'em!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I'm too cheap to buy this, but if any of you scam any j4gs into joining, eve style, tell them they have to buy a gift version of the game and give it to me. Then I'll log in and kill them or something, I unno.

This game looks and sounds like a massive clusterfuck but it might actually be fun to just gently caress with people in weird ways.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 9, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ugh

UGH

I'm installing it :mad:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

This seems appealing but DBRB ? I never got reimbursed for my hictor on a failed DBRB mission

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Breed them, harvest their poo poo for fertilizer, feed them crops, hydrate them, craft saddlebags and buggies for moving cargo/people...and most importantly, hard code them to *stick to the ground*, unlike vehicles which can skyrocket and flip at the slightest bad collision with an object. And unlike vehicles, you should be able to *shoot* from a horse, and in emergency situations, shoot the damned thing and harvest the meat and fat for biofuel. Obviously they should be more fragile than vehicles.

I'd also say the game needs ATVs and motorbikes, but honestly the thought of something smaller that moves *faster* than the truck or Jeep would be fodder for Youtube videos at this point.

Also, you could pretty easily if zombies were real harvest *their* corpses for biofuel.

I think they said bicycles were gonna be a thing at some point.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
When I have time. I will join. Got close to 100hr so far.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Republicans posted:

I think they said bicycles were gonna be a thing at some point.

The one redeeming part of Heroes and Generals is aiming a bazooka or machine gun at two Wehrmacht soldiers riding the same bicycle.

H1Z1 should have plenty more opportunities for bicycle shenanigans.

Cinless
Jan 16, 2014
Has anyone had time to mess around with the infection mechanic? So far I'm down to the DEADLY stage of the infection, and I've run into a couple people but I can't seem to track them by any sort of billowing cloud of gas like the patch notes seem to imply. Eating people is a lot of fun though.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
That was a nice base defense hotdrop last night.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Please tell me someone has video of our LAPD assault last night on that pubbie we encountered at that bridge? Also the high speed chase.. and any of the other vehicular antics.

Folio451
May 5, 2015
Yup - coming soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinless
Jan 16, 2014
Apparently zombies still follow you around when you're infected, even though they won't attack you. I just ran through cranberry at night with an army of zomzoms sprinting after me. I can't wait to run into someone.

• Locked thread