Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H1Z1 is on sale for $9.99 through Steam Sale if anyone else is buying today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Does it take a little while for your account to be added to a database before you can use it on Mumble? I have some free time tonight and would love to try it out with some goons

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Would someone be able to PM me (or just post here) what server the main goon base is on, where it is, and what the access code is?

I had a great 57 min run going and had a fancy now and headshot a pubbie plus some zombies and then I wandered too close to a guys base and he shot gunned me and I lost all my cool stuff :saddowns:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bulletproofjesus posted:

You should sign up on themittani.com first. Then get jabber, I personally use the pidgeon client, then x up there for base codes. As for the server, we are in Abomination but we aren't very comfortable with divulging the location just yet.

Yeah no worries, I signed up on themittani.com but due to my school schedule and load I haven't been able to play for long enough to warrant jumping into mumble. I'll make sure to do that though, thanks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I don't mind OPSEC as long as it doesn't get into the whole "I'm going to look into your personal life to make sure you aren't a spy in a virtual space game" levels of OPSEC.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cal posted:

Given this is an alpha and loot is so easily replaceable nah. Maybe if someday this turns into some magical fortress and max mad world and a single dude can wreck a month of looting or something. But with wipes every 2-3 weeks heh. Whatevs.

I've been meaning to ask about that since I've never bought an alpha beforehand: am I going to have to payoff this game again once it gets past the beta stage or what

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

No. It'll be free when it comes out. So up to you to decide if that's better or worse.

I assume being an alpha user comes with certain perks, plus more pubbies to kill so meh

I'm really enjoying heads hitting people with the bow, it's incredibly satisfying and it's also convenient to have basically unlimited ammo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bulletproofjesus posted:

Shooting teammates because they don't have the proper naming convention #justh1z1things :effortless:

it's me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Don't forget going after the airdrop and getting loving owned by a gang of zombies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yeah I was going to say something about that too but goons will be goons

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

That you want to take orders from this freak already makes you suspect, YOSPOS Retard.

If we add rabbits to your posts we'd have some rabbit stew

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jonathan posted:

I cant even name my character correctly because even with seemingly random names it tells me the name is invalid, but doesn't tell me why, and google searches just display arguments over clan naming from January.

I was trying iMPjonathan or something and it was giving me errors.

iMPxjonathan

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

Seven rounds in the ammo room. Seven. Guys, explosive arrows are only good for Airdrop runs. Otherwise, don't fuckin' make 'em!

After you logged we went on a car run and brought home a police car

We were about to go out again when some hackers shot us through the walls of the garage and all of the ammo we had just picked up and poo poo despond

:rip: my beloved crossbow

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

demonR6 posted:

They drop at the top of the hill at the camp if you are at the dam. At least they did when I played last month.

:getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'll be on for a while tonight as well and can help you as much as a newbee can

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wait they didn't wipe again???

:getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I realized that I had like $10 in crap from playing TF2 so I sold $1.15 in stuff to be able to get the flower print pants skin

I like how the police Kevlar skin is $45 lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

I like how bandana skins are like $80

Tbf that skeleton one is p ownage

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i got me an AK with 8 rounds and a crossbow and imma gonna gently caress. poo poo. UP.

and by that i mean probably fall headlong off the roof again and die stupidly

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today was fun, I'm looking forward to seeing what the game is like without a base every bleeding meter

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ullerrm posted:

I haven't been keeping up, did they change how bases are built? Or do you just mean the first night post wipe?

The first night post wipe

Though otoh they do make for great landmarks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I vote that while everyone is at the military base checking it out, we go to PV and get as much poo poo as we can

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

It's still only on test server.

Good job all getting newbase up and running quickly. Please don't horde, and do a chore from time to time and don't just take ammo. Empty the rabbit traps and put 'em in the grill. Fill some water bottles. The entire point to having a base is to go from zero to fuckin' poo poo up in as little time as possible.

and please don't talk about eve

YES! Dont forget that this is a communist paradise and that while we do appreciate the right to have your own stuff, your primary focus should be for the greater good

the new base owns real fuckin' hard, cheers to the builders who did such a great job

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Having a shotgun has made me way more confident in going out on my own and gathering resources. Also, having such nice weapon spawns has been AMAZING :swoon:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

I still don't usually carry one. Maybe I'm overconfident in my .45 skills.

I like the shotty because, while I'm pretty accurate, people dolphin diving and jumping around like loons are all sorted by the shotty, and also a body shot is enough to :vd:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen it verified anywhere, but I think the shotty works better against body armor too for some reason. Maybe it's just pellet count.

Seems legit because i dont think body armour works well against it irl either

not 100% on that though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I seem to remember the hard plate armour turning into dust from shotgun shells but I haven't really paid attention to that kind of thing in like five years so I'm sure it's better now than it was then

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was gone for the weekend, so I'm pretty stoked to run around this afternoon :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lmao

Nice!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:rip: smeds, tried to fight LizardSquad and got bit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Something seems odd about this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mechadestroyer posted:

Is that car in mid flight? It kind of looks like it flipped and got stuck in the tree, but it looks a little too off for that.

I got DC'd as someone was moving a car, and the car kept going in a straight line past a curve in the road, hit a nearby warehouse, then flipped around like that while gliding through the air

:allears:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

...but I am married?

Idgi

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goons gonna goon

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

Is this community still relatively active? I caved and bought the game to play with my brother.

Yeah, they all post on the subreddit, and most of them are anti KoS and quit any time someone raids their base

quote:

[–]Imperium [GOON]Tusen_Takk -3 points 1 day ago
Part of the thrill of the game is the potential for losing everything and the need to rely on at least a few other people (or build bases that would require 800 IEDs to get in lol)

quote:

[–]GwinnyWinny 1 point 1 day ago
"part of the thrill of the game" - for you it is, for others it's tiresome and boring.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I've never seen a Doodle before.

hmm.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

on one hand, it is kind of annoying, but on the other hand, there were wayyy too many people logging on, taking gobs of ammo and poo poo that everyone else had worked to get so we could all have fun, then logging off with it all/dying in really stupid ways after being told not to do that stupid thing or you'll probably die

one bad apple spoils the bunch, and this was the only way to figure out who was loving everything up for everyone else. idk.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

I think you're overselling the mystery aspect. A few people who've been playing for quite a while go YOLO with full gear/fully automatics and it's kind of brushed off, but these people play all day and I don't so I don't quite mind it as much. Again, it's not a big deal, if I feel like the "Fun for everyone" rules are getting in my way of having fun I switch channels/bases and deal with a different crowd. That doesn't keep the half measure "You can have personal stuff but it's not yours but what you pick up should go to us" stuff from being REALLY annoying though, and I don't even keep a personal stash or have a base, especially because one lap of WH/DD is usually enough for a full clip in the shotgun or .308 if I'm bone dry and we've never been hurting for either since this last wipe.

I totally understand organizing better to keep the dumb (in a great way) content going and appreciate the work people have put in. But at a certain point, this is all ephemeral and going to be wiped and not in need of a military supply chain to the point where it's 50% of the mumble chat I hear anymore. poo poo's toxic. Nothing was loving anything up for me until this started happening.
Yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from. I suspect that they're getting us used to it now so when it/if the game ever goes beta/released we will be well prepared for it so idk.

I played Eve for a while and I didn't mind the restrictions because the benefits ruled, but it's kind of hard to translate that into this kind of game, at least with the current way DBG has it set up. If/when they get a clan system set up it, it hopefully will mitigate the current frustrations

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKgkKJpiNc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The hackers haven't been nearly as bad as they used to be tbh, and even then who cares, everything is going to get wiped anyways

• Locked thread