Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Don't get sba started on bad teammates!

Seriously tell us when the game is out please ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

CatpissNeverclean and myself played a bit with Kahoma who is very good at this game, but there's a few names on the list that I just don't see how they could be on there based on my time playing with or against them. Not holding much to a list like that though. They did say they reached 40k people with the beta which is pretty awesome.

I played a few games against Kronovi when I was partied up with Kahoma (who warned me going into the first game to watch out) and the dude is like the rainman of RC soccer, we managed to win a couple against them but every single one was a battle.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I opened the game today and stared at it for a little while.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol. You got a problem dude. I deleted it from my hdd today, it made me sad seeing it sitting there in my inventory taunting me.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

dog nougat posted:

Lol. You got a problem dude. I deleted it from my hdd today, it made me sad seeing it sitting there in my inventory taunting me.
No dedication.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

dog nougat posted:

Training (including free play) still works. :colbert:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

gibbed posted:

poo poo. Redownloaded. Gotta practice my flying.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This is what we've been reduced to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvD8nIiLRlM

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I miss this game so much. I'm practicing in free mode just to scratch the itch. Please announce something soon!!

Also I had a lot of fun messing around with the infinite boost in the striker training. I hope the final game lets us modify game settings in private matches- gravity, infinite boost, etc. Flying nonstop is really really fun.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

gibbed posted:

And here I was thinking I was going to get something done this weekend.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Is it possible to do freeplay with other people? Could we set up custom games amongst each other?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

Is it possible to do freeplay with other people? Could we set up custom games amongst each other?

No :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

We can all do solo free play and join a voice party and pretend!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I just hosed around in free play a bit. It's kinda depressing not being able to share the fun with other people simultaneously. The field seems so empty and barren without my teammates running into me and ruining my shots.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Feenix posted:

We can all do solo free play and join a voice party and pretend!

That might be rock bottom.

I'm down.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Here is a highlight video I made with the worst video editor ever: Share Factory. Comes with stock song too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcPzrji6gqc

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

Here is a highlight video I made with the worst video editor ever: Share Factory. Comes with stock song too!!!

Some great stuff here. Looking forward to the goon summer leagues.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Lblitzer posted:

Pretty amazing. Both you and that stock song.

Without Rocket League I am nothing but a lost soul swimming in a fish bowl year after year. A lump of carbon reduced to a mere hollowed out husk of a man.

Please come back soon.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rocket League :negative:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I woke up and Rocket League was gone, still gone

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Here's a developer interview by a Canadian video game show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jcTZYVShEE

Mostly fluff but maybe a few snippets of new info on the full game??

edit: at very least there is footage of different kinds of cars.

And yes that is the Canadian Morgan Webb. If Morgan Webb wasn't also Canadian.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 26, 2015

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

I didn't want to bump the thread just for this, but now that it's already bumped - a highlight reel from the #1 ranked beta player to melt your brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI1xuE6OUuU

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

icking fudiot posted:

I didn't want to bump the thread just for this, but now that it's already bumped - a highlight reel from the #1 ranked beta player to melt your brains.

Already saw that on Reddit, and I can confirm that my brain is now liquid.

Watching full matches from that team was almost equally ridiculous. The coordination they have in addition to the insane personal skill levels...

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man, you can *really* customize your car alright. Thought we were going to get some decals and spoilers, but this will be great for spotting people in the field instead of waiting for the score prompt to figure out who's who.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A release date would really melt my brain.

Just sayin'

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

All this talk of "Soon" for weeks on end is killing me!!!!

The fact that the game's going to be present at E3 does not inspire hope :smith:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Trophy list was published today:

http://tinyurl.com/poky2wm

Nothing too bad.

Source: https://twitter.com/TrueTrophy/status/604021022581473280

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah that's all really reasonable stuff. Not even a "score an aerial goal" that might trip people up.

Thumbs up. Gonna plat this game so hard.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is this a full price game? Don't care if it is, buying regardless, but curious.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is this a full price game? Don't care if it is, buying regardless, but curious.
They said it would be <= $20.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Longshot but are you the same Gibbs that posts on reddit and the Psyonix forums?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lblitzer posted:

Longshot but are you the same Gibbs that posts on reddit and the Psyonix forums?
No, that's someone else.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

gibbed posted:

No, that's someone else.

Right on, thought I'd ask anyways! :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gibbed posted:

They said it would be <= $20.

Crazy. Digital only then I guess.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hurry up and be released already! I need my car soccer fix!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

dog nougat posted:

Hurry up and be released already! I need my car soccer fix!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

They'll announce the release date along with an info dump this Wednesday:

http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11215

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Not soon enough! Unless they announce they're literally releasing the game tomorrow or putting the beta servers back online tomorrow I will be disappointed.

Not really, but at least a release date will give me something to look forward to. :gbsmith:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The team here at Psyonix has been overwhelmed by the positive worldwide reaction to our upcoming action-sports game Rocket League. Which is why we want to give you all not one, but FOUR major pieces of information in a single announcement!
The first two are right there in the headline: Rocket League will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store July 7th, while Twisted Metals famous ice cream truck, Sweet Tooth, joins our roster of playable cars as a special unlockable vehicle exclusively on PS4! Watch our brand new trailer below for proof!

What the headline doesnt tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!
And finally, were very proud to announce that Rocket League will be making an appearance at this years Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and will be playable in near-finished form. Season Mode, splitscreen multiplayer, car customization, and Sweet Tooth himself will all be available to check out and enjoy all three days of the show. We cant wait to see you drop by to enjoy it!
Rocket League, Sweet ToothRocket League, Sweet Tooth
I know I say it in every post, but on behalf of the entire team at Psyonix, that you VERY MUCH for the continued sentiment, support, and suggestions during the development of this game. Without you, our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars never would have happened, and for that, we are forever grateful.
See you at E3 and see you once again on July 7th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Could a mod add "Coming July 7th!" to the title?

So excited and really surprised they're doing cross-platform play with PC. As brought up on Reddit, I'm wondering how they'll deal with cheat detection?