Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Did anybody stream that? I need to see the many sick nastys few dumb luck bullshit goals I got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah it should be archived, I'll send you the link tomorrow.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

God drat when does this come out on steam?! :f5:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am trying to join online... it searches, finds, counts down, loading screen, shows me under grass blades (camera view, no visible car) and then dumps me back to the menu. (twice now...)

(or just black screen, loading screen, menu screen...)

One finally worked.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
give me a beta key

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I am trying to join online... it searches, finds, counts down, loading screen, shows me under grass blades (camera view, no visible car) and then dumps me back to the menu. (twice now...)

One finally worked.

There was PSN maintenance in the past 2 hours. It's already over now.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

IT'S BACK!!!!!!!

TY TO THE GUY WHO PMD ME!!

Add me if you ever want someone who's going to work as a team, boost morale, do backflips, be a buddy, etc!!! Sick setups app+ rocket warfare GOOD JOB Everyone! We brought it back!

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 17, 2020

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Feenix posted:

One finally worked.

File those bug reports kids, that's why they're giving us free access to this amazing game :eng101:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Are new people being brought in for beta 2? If so I would love to get in on this. It's 100% my kind of game.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
If someone is unable to play and is itching for more, here's one full game of mine from beta 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43oEllYU5NY

I'm very much a newbie, but I did manage to do pretty well in that match. It's got a couple of saves, and I thought the second goal was pretty neat.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Follow That Fish! posted:

If someone is unable to play and is itching for more, here's one full game of mine from beta 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43oEllYU5NY

I'm very much a newbie, but I did manage to do pretty well in that match. It's got a couple of saves, and I thought the second goal was pretty neat.

That looks quite cool. I might have to get this when it's out!

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

Are new people being brought in for beta 2? If so I would love to get in on this. It's 100% my kind of game.

Yes, lots of keys should be going out later in the week.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
That trailer is pretty pathetic though.

"Just amazing, one of the best games ever made."
- auginho9

"Psyonix created a game. We turned it into a sport."
- coolcole93

"This game saved my life, it's just that good."
- weedlordbonerhitler420x

"If greatness awaits THIS must be part of it!"
- gcooke11

Only one of those is fake.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

how me a frog posted:

That trailer is pretty pathetic though.

To be fair, it's a small game from a small studio. Those quotes must be from the community of the previous game, which is pretty hardcore.

I'm sure they've a bit more prestigious quotes since releasing the beta. :)

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
"This game is so good, I would probably kiss one of the developers on the mouth if they asked. Maybe even go a little further if they put mutators in"
-forums user checksin

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The only thing missing from this game is car horns. I hope customizable car horns are planned for.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Follow That Fish! posted:

I just noticed the soccer chants in the crowd in this vid... awesome!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Pleads posted:

The only thing missing from this game is car horns. I hope customizable car horns are planned for.

I'd settle for la cucaracha or the Dukes of Hazzard horn

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I played this for like 5 hours last night...

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Can you do parties of 6 or 8? It'd be fun to get a private party chat going on PS4 and just play pick up games with goons.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Probably gonna be streaming a couple of games this evening if anyone wants to party up. My PSN ID is in the spreadsheet, just shoot me a friend request or a message.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lblitzer posted:

Can you do parties of 6 or 8? It'd be fun to get a private party chat going on PS4 and just play pick up games with goons.

Yep. PSN party limit is 8 and that is also Rocket League's max so hey that works out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The best (with text chat) is now that one guy who is decent who is always like; " come on!" "Can you guys even TRY?!" "What the gently caress are you guys doing?!" "I have to do everything!!"

I just chuckle. So uptight.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
A friend of mine set up a sweet assist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbINHTisUR8

I can't get enough of this game, it's just so fun in a way games very rarely are, especially online. Since there seem to be a bunch of people who feel the same way, I expect this game to have a dedicated community for years to come. That's a happy thought.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Pleads posted:

Yep. PSN party limit is 8 and that is also Rocket League's max so hey that works out.

I mean can you actually set up parties of 8 on RL to play a private game?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lblitzer posted:

I mean can you actually set up parties of 8 on RL to play a private game?

Also yes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Pleads posted:

Also yes.

Hell yes. Thank you! Anyone wanna get some rowdy 4v4 games going in a bit?

This guy
Jul 29, 2007
YES
I'm down. PSN: bootyclapqueen

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I tried a 4v4 and it was too hectic for me. I think my favourite is 3's. 2's can be good too, if you have a good partner

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

My kingdom for a beta code...

I'm assuming that the link in the OP is still what to use, yes? Unfortunately, for the last beta, I was out of town on business when the email was sent, and by the time I was back, it was expired. Hoping that resubmitting will be good enough.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

morallyobjected posted:

I tried a 4v4 and it was too hectic for me. I think my favourite is 3's. 2's can be good too, if you have a good partner

I only played about 5 matches but 4v4 was too chaotic. Funny at times, but way too hard to do anything legit. (At least at my skill level.)

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Thanks for the invite to the goon group earlier. Would have loved to stick around longer, but I could only get one quick game in before heading out to meet up with friends for trivia night.

Good thing I showed up, my knowledge of the child actress from All Dogs go to Heaven getting murdered before the film's release directly lead to a first place victory. :smith::hf::smith:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This game needs a no-goalie mode where cars who sit in the crease for more than a certain amount of time just blow up.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I am seconding the motion of making it so you only need a majority of votes to skip a replay. the guys who watch every single one of their goals after everyone else votes to skip are annoying as gently caress

on a separate note, R2 sends chat messages, right? that's what I press, but they don't seem to ever show up, unless it's not supposed to show mine for some reason

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 13, 2015

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Pleads posted:

This game needs a no-goalie mode where cars who sit in the crease for more than a certain amount of time just blow up.

Are you seeing this a lot in matches? Because playing on the European server, I haven't. Just sitting in the box can't be too efficient, since you'd be too far to contribute anything at offence.

I tend to hang back and not really crash the boards at offensive end much. I've found that it often makes a lot of sense for the defensive player to roam at the half-way line, since you can often get shooting chances off weak clearances, or at least keep applying pressure by returning the ball to the corners.

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 13, 2015

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I was in a game last night where one guy on the opposing team sat in goal whenever the ball changed to our possession, but otherwise led the attack. I couldn't be mad, since he was actually really good and had all the goals and all the saves on his team. It was good tactics.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lblitzer posted:

Hell yes. Thank you! Anyone wanna get some rowdy 4v4 games going in a bit?

Had some awesome games last night man thanks for stopping by, I archived the stream on Youtube if you want any replays for a highlight reel or anything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-v0vVC58o

Also, it boggles me that people are complaining about goalkeepers, If you don't have at least 1 person willing to hover around the goal and come forward when big opportunities arise you will get smashed by any half decent team. The real villains are people who just circle around trying to destroy other cars and ignoring the ball entirely but thankfully I have only run into a couple.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Had some awesome games last night man thanks for stopping by, I archived the stream on Youtube if you want any replays for a highlight reel or anything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-v0vVC58o

Also, it boggles me that people are complaining about goalkeepers, If you don't have at least 1 person willing to hover around the goal and come forward when big opportunities arise you will get smashed by any half decent team. The real villains are people who just circle around trying to destroy other cars and ignoring the ball entirely but thankfully I have only run into a couple.

Yeah, I mean the game even features goalkeeper training, I'd think on any 3v3 or 4v4 team that one person would basically be designated keeper/defense.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

It was fun! My ping was much better playing on EU servers than it was on US servers for whatever reason... Also is Kahoma a goon? That guy was super super good and was a great keeper/striker. I wish I could spectate people because he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. I tried practicing a bit on my own but man is it difficult when you've got 5 dudes crowding the ball at all times.

Yeah goalkeepers are definitely needed, especially when you're stuck with a team who insists on sitting under the ball at all times. Kahoma played it really well, never stayed in the offensive zone chasing and booked it back as soon as the defense took possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

TotalHell posted:

Yeah, I mean the game even features goalkeeper training, I'd think on any 3v3 or 4v4 team that one person would basically be designated keeper/defense.

According to a couple friends who played a lot of the previous game there's a sort of loose rule that whoever spawns closest to the goal line is responsible for hanging back a bit unless of course you have pre arranged keeper.