Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Feenix posted:

Where my choice quotes?

Psyonix posted:

Certain maps with have versions that have different weather. But it isn't a stand-alone feature that you can customize any map with -- they are treated as another map. So, Mannfield, for example is selectable in its regular form from the map selection screen, but then right next to it would be Mannfield (Stormy) as another map selection.

Psyonix posted:

so, the beta was awesome, obvious question, when will the next beta take place?

Should be just a couple of weeks

Psyonix posted:

We are still finalizing it as we test different times of day/ weather effects. But it will be somewhere between 5 and 7. And all other arenas that we have post-release will ALWAYS be free. You will never pay for a new Arena/ Stadium in Rocket League. Ever.

Psyonix posted:

Off the top of our heads, though. The most immediate, most likely [DLC] would be stuff like new cars or decals or paint types or other customization items that would add to the personalization aspect of the game.

Psyonix posted:

We are definitely adding 4v4 public matches

Also, if you're already in beta 1, you're automatically in beta 2. No need to sign up again or anything :)

Psyonix posted:

There is definitely keeper training in the full game. We're trying to get the Beginner level one in for the next beta!

I love playing Goalie too, but we aren't currently planning to do anything like a car that's somehow better at goaltending. We considered it during development, but settled on everybody being on equal footing.

As for music - we're all about users playing their own music during the game. I'll have to forward this along to our audio department to see if there's a way we can auto detect it and disable menu music.

Psyonix posted:

In the early PC alpha we showed off a mutator system that allows you to play with a giant ball, low gravity, etc. I don't think that will be available for release but we'd like to bring it back in an update.

Psyonix posted:

We've taken a different approach for Rocket League. Our main focus for Rocket League is to allow people to customize their cars early and often. There will be a generous amount of options unlocked from the get-go. After that, you'll unlock one item per match. We did this so there would be a bountiful supply of customization options available!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
It's nothing special or anything, especially compared to some of the crazy poo poo people pull off in other videos, but I was happy with this because it was the first time I had actually managed to do something effective with air boosting to lead to a goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvOv4Jw41fo

this was still before I knew you could hit X again in the air to flip in a direction though.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Follow That Fish! posted:

No need to dig your own hole there. I thought that was nice. :)

This was my own favourite play from the beta, even though I dash like a madman and miss the ball in the beginning. It turns into a pretty neat assist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qY3mnZoRbM

I love how the guy who scores reads the play pretty well too. Gets the full boost (after I crash into him) and then just zooms past all the opponents to slam the pass in. This is also why I love replays after goals - you can see what your teammates are doing.

Can't wait to play again, be it the next round of beta or the full release.

Thanks!

It's awesome when you have a partner and it feels like you're in sync. That's how most of that match felt; I could trust that he was going to be behind me if I accidentally hosed up, or I would set up a pass and he'd be in the area to try and shoot with it. we ended up being able to rematch like four or five times in a row and it was great.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Feenix posted:

I've played a bunch of Psionic <name> folks.

Also, a cop is going to blow his load.

I'm surprised he didn't feel called to this thread upon that post immediately, really.

I am leaving home on Wednesday and am not going to be back until the 19th. I look forward to getting some games in before I go, though!

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 12, 2015

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I tried a 4v4 and it was too hectic for me. I think my favourite is 3's. 2's can be good too, if you have a good partner

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I am seconding the motion of making it so you only need a majority of votes to skip a replay. the guys who watch every single one of their goals after everyone else votes to skip are annoying as gently caress

on a separate note, R2 sends chat messages, right? that's what I press, but they don't seem to ever show up, unless it's not supposed to show mine for some reason

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 13, 2015

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

TotalHell posted:

I was in a game last night where one guy on the opposing team sat in goal whenever the ball changed to our possession, but otherwise led the attack. I couldn't be mad, since he was actually really good and had all the goals and all the saves on his team. It was good tactics.

was it a game with a really long overtime? I only ask because your username looks familiar, and that sounds like a game I had last night (if so, I was the guy hanging back in goal for most of it. it was a great match, and it killed me when the other team managed to catch me out of place and sneak a goal in)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

a cop posted:

1v1 is just loving dead in this..shame because I really love it.

it's hard to find a good balance in 1v1, more so than other hand types, I think. most of them I've played recently, I run right over the other person, or the same happens to me. with 2's or 3's, you have a partner, at least, to even it out.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

a cop posted:

I can't stand to watch :negative:

a cop posted:

I couldn't help but watch..

You might have a problem.

To which the only cure is more Rocket League

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
anecdotal, but I feel like Stinger is a scrub AI too, because he was scoring so many own goals (like blasting them straight into our goal from the other side of the pitch) that I got fed up and switched to Tex, and its been a much better fit

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
god bless the poor bastard who stuck in this ranked 3 v 3 match after his two teammates quit half a minute in.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there a way to do team chat with just a DS4? I see people do it but can't find an option for it

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
if anyone's around for the next hour and a half or so, I'm StainedGlass4 on PSN

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
it is amazing to me how many people don't follow the basic "if you are farthest back, you take goalie position for the face off" rule

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

I love playing against guys who say nothing but "no skill just luck" and then proceeding to score 600+ points on them 3 games in a row. My aerial game is starting to get much better and it's helping making saves that much better. You goons shouldn't be afraid to throw invites out to peeps, I'll likely start doing the same when I hop on tonight.

I had a guy who opened the match by spamming "eat my 8========D" and I scored two long distance goals on him in a row immediately.

incidentally, if anyone wants to play, I'll be on for a couple hours probably (PSN: StainedGlass4)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I want non-standard maps now so bad and can't wait

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
go home Rocket League, you're drunk.

https://youtu.be/0JanmM3EKa8

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there anything else special I have to do for the Sweet Tooth unlock? I've won a match with every other car type

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

smarion2 posted:

I think its ps4 only.

I'm on a PS4. I just have that one slot on the car screen in the garage staring me in the face :argh:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Overbite posted:

I like this game and it's fun but nothing is more frustrating than having your perfect shot blocked by your little league playing teammates who want to hit the ball more than anything and they don't care where it goes.

Also bots. The bots are no fun.

If you don't want the bots, play ranked. no bots there, but you have to deal with imbalanced teams if someone quits, because they don't get replaced

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

68k posted:

Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm noticing some places where it seems stats should be tracked and are not. I'm talking about stats attached to cars and garage parts. My current car, which I've been using almost the whole time, hasn't tracked any wins at all. And garage parts ("when equipped, this will show you have many saves you have" etc) are not working either. Is this just a feature that's half added at this point?

stats for that aren't tracked in online play. dunno if that's intended or not

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
after days of getting mixed up, I finally had a couple good rounds today of hitting shots/setting up assists while driving backwards (sometimes it's quicker for me than turning around). I love how good it feels to get a new skill in this game

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

OP's are universallly way too long and TMI

I guess the followup question is: does it still feel Steam Greenlighty

at 20 bucks it would be a bit much if it still felt like a beta

there was a day or two of server problems, but for almost everyone, those have gone away and the game plays perfectly

is there a simple way of telling when you're going to be able to flip in the air? sometimes I take off for an aerial hit and try to knock a ball but discover I can't

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 20, 2015

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
there are few things more aggravating than being hit out of position in a duel and watching as your opponent taps the easy ball that was already rolling slowly toward your goal into the back of the net

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Lumpy posted:

Just have a 15 minute timeout from playing online if you quit a match.

I would be for this. if I can make it through a solo duel losing 10-2 without quitting, these babies can survive being scored on in the first ten seconds

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
how do we as a forum feel about bubbles? I like bubbles a lot.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Feenix posted:

4] change FOV / camera mode to show more of what's going on.

hey Feenix, you talked about it a while ago, but can you post the camera settings you're using?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
sometimes, either due to skill level or region or whatever, I get the same people like three matches on a row on ranked in 2v2

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
thanks! I tweaked the swivel a bit to personal preference, but I'm really liking them so far and had been looking for a change

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

wa27 posted:

This happens with my Bluetooth keyboard in this game sometimes. Relaunching the game seems to fix it, so maybe it does have to do with standby mode.

It happened in the beta too, so that's probably what it is.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

CRAYON posted:

Anyone who leaves is a loving piece of poo poo.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I'm around 800 in doubles and standard. I think I'm like mid 600s for duel because I rarely play it.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

a cop posted:

No. Find a partner dude, random ranked is a recipe for disaster.

no loving kidding. I'm not god's gift to Rocket League or anything, but between own goals and team bumping and whiffs on shots I've lost like three in a row with considerable non-help from my partners

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Grump posted:

*Sees there is a trophy for driving 500km*
*Looks up km -> miles converter on Google
:vince: are you fuckin serious?

it wouldn't be so bad if they could flip on the switch for tracking distance online, but I don't want to play local AI matches for it, and it's the only one I have left

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I am legitimately surprised at all the people switching boost and handbrake to the shoulder buttons. default control scheme doesn't seem like an issue. I tried doing it too, just to see if it was really better and I couldn't even play that way and switched back immediately.

different strokes, I guess

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
man, it is hard to break out of the upper 700s. seems like I've been there forever

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Eldarion posted:

This "score an aerial goal" trophy is going to be the death of me. It's impossible to get a good setup in a local game with bots, but I feel like a jerk attempting aerials in online games because I have absolutely no air game.

for what it's worth, you can also get it by hitting the ball from halfway up the side wall, instead of flying up to hit it somewhere (it only cares that you are high enough and in the air--not how you got there). I got my first one that way, I think, and it can be easier than trying to get a traditional aerial hit because there are usually some good opportunities where someone hits the ball straight up the side at a good angle for redirecting.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
feels good to finally win a match and get back in a groove after a month off from playing. way too many people want to forfeit after a 2-1 with like three minutes left

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

that explains it.

finally got the platinum trophy! driving 500 km was the one I was waiting on. I was actually expecting it to take longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Emron posted:

We see asterisks or blanks.

I think it depends on the name, because I'm sure I've seen some Steam names next to the Psynet symbols. definitely don't see the avatars though.