Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Takoluka posted:

This game is so unreasonably fun for being utter chaos and frustration at hitting the jump button and flying past the ball you were trying your damnedest to tap at least a little bit.

9 times out of 10 that is the fault of shifting perspectives because of ball-camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lblitzer posted:

AMA going on right now with the devs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/357vds/official_rocket_league_ama_with_psyonix/

Will update with choice quotes.

Where my choice quotes?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What?what??!

Update filed downloadinginginging!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pleads posted:

556MB update :aaa:

Is it back???

IS IT BACK?

Only 3 hours left!!!!! (this is the slowest download Ive ever seen on PSN. :p)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pleads posted:

Is PSN: psyonixteam you guys or just a very avid fan?

e: also rocket_league1

I've played a bunch of Psionic <name> folks.

Also, a cop is going to blow his load.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am trying to join online... it searches, finds, counts down, loading screen, shows me under grass blades (camera view, no visible car) and then dumps me back to the menu. (twice now...)

(or just black screen, loading screen, menu screen...)

One finally worked.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The best (with text chat) is now that one guy who is decent who is always like; " come on!" "Can you guys even TRY?!" "What the gently caress are you guys doing?!" "I have to do everything!!"

I just chuckle. So uptight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

morallyobjected posted:

I tried a 4v4 and it was too hectic for me. I think my favourite is 3's. 2's can be good too, if you have a good partner

I only played about 5 matches but 4v4 was too chaotic. Funny at times, but way too hard to do anything legit. (At least at my skill level.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

checksin posted:

Not even a little bit of XP? Even John Scott makes a paycheque for sloshing across the ice to destroy someone in the corner

no please don't encourage bullying with rewards. It already happens quite a lot in some games. It's legitimate strategy, but you don't want it to transcend to grief.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Doggles posted:

Haven't had a chance to listen to the audio yet, but GameSpot just released a video showing off some of the game's customization options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjvdMHhzz0

Neat!

For those curious, the guy said "PS4 summer... PC 'later in the year'.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

Stat histories, car inspections, the ability to just highlight names and go "invite to party" or "add to friends list" etc. I think it would help foster communities- for instance we could all just say "go to the goon room to find people to play with" instead of having the spreadsheet and having to scroll through our friend lists constantly to find anyone else who's playing (and then being uncertain of if they are looking to team up or not).

I think this game could be really popular and people would probably like it if you could make rooms w/ a max occupancy of 99 so the IGN or Reddit or whatever people can all easily meet up and play together. Pretty much exactly like MKX, for instance. Just a thought!

I likes!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Orv posted:

Speaking of, can someone give a basic rundown on flying? Aside from my sudden retardation I was of little help to a cop the other day when I could have probably saved our asses, not knowing how to do it.

At its most essential:
Jump, angle your butt down, boost. You will propel upwards. Actually steering/hitting anything is a whole other ball of "how the hell...?!"

Also try to have ground forward momentum already before you try to fly. Trying to launch from a dead standstill burns nearly all your boost just trying to get moving.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

Oh come on stats own. I want to know exactly how many goals, saves, assists, etc everyone has..everyone!!! I want to compare against all my buddies! Please!!

icking fudiot: do me a favor: if you do stat pages can you make them look like Baseball cards? Please?! You could have images of the car (with accessories) as the player picture. It would be so good.

The card brand could be Hopps.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

I got a pretty solid corner air goal yesterday..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewCSibD60kY

You pimp! That's a good one!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I think why you're buying for 20 bucks is the ability to do what you've been doing, only every night instead of a beta period. There'll be a single player season mode, free dlc, and cosmetic stuff.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

We can all do solo free play and join a voice party and pretend!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The team here at Psyonix has been overwhelmed by the positive worldwide reaction to our upcoming action-sports game Rocket League. Which is why we want to give you all not one, but FOUR major pieces of information in a single announcement!
The first two are right there in the headline: Rocket League will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store July 7th, while Twisted Metal’s famous ice cream truck, Sweet Tooth, joins our roster of playable cars as a special unlockable vehicle exclusively on PS4! Watch our brand new trailer below for proof!

What the headline doesn’t tell you is that Rocket League will also be one of the few games in history that supports PS4/ PC cross-play — meaning that owners of both the console version and the PC version will be able to team up or go head-to-head in the same matches when the game launches early next month!
And finally, we’re very proud to announce that Rocket League will be making an appearance at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and will be playable in near-finished form. Season Mode, splitscreen multiplayer, car customization, and Sweet Tooth himself will all be available to check out and enjoy all three days of the show. We can’t wait to see you drop by to enjoy it!
Rocket League, Sweet ToothRocket League, Sweet Tooth
I know I say it in every post, but on behalf of the entire team at Psyonix, that you VERY MUCH for the continued sentiment, support, and suggestions during the development of this game. Without you, our sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars never would have happened, and for that, we are forever grateful.
See you at E3 and see you once again on July 7th!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yah the only stuff that tends to show up Midnight EST is stuff you can put money on days/weeks ahead and has pre-loading etc etc...

sadly I think this is not the case here. :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

Some prerelease streams going on. Keys went out to select players and streamers.
http://twitch.tv/virtualtrident

Why am I not a selected player? I literally delivered this unto SA.

:((((((

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I was the top Rocket League streamer on Twitch for like 6 days straight during the beta and I still didn't get one. I wanna be butthurt but honestly I'd rather just wait until I can play with my friends.

I'm not really butthurt. I was just Anglin' for early poo poo. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Messi's car is going to be on the cover.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Boom.

Amazing way to get a community (a bigger one, anyway...)

Guess I'll also buy the PC version just for funsies.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Brightman posted:

Given the release date I sort of suspected this would happen. As others have said I'm cool with allocating the well deserved money I would've spent buying the game on any dlc that'll show up.

I'm actually curious if this changes their plans at all with regard to DLC. Their original pitch (SOCCER PUN!) was "Under 20 dollars and lots of post-release DLC for free!"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It won't be midnight. It'll come out around 10-12 PST on Tues and then have the free plus discount applied about a half hour later.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Running With Spoons posted:

"Sony is telling us that it should be available at Midnight on 7/7 for everyone's local time zone."
https://twitter.com/fuzzhead93/status/617082568563777536

Well that's promising. However I've noticed that type of answer before followed closely by disappointment and then confused devs wondering why that wasn't the case.
Hopefully it's valid.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jesus Christ... the options menu for camera gives me a goddamn hard on.

FOV, camera angle, camera height. Camera distances. Stiffness.. Swivel Speed... hnnnnngggghhh!

[edit] Real Pros FOV the poo poo out of it and change the angle to see up more. Holy poo poo in like 20 seconds it changed my game completely. BALL AWARENESS, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 8, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
icking fudiot: I'm noticing kind of a screen-tear on fast movement regardless of V Sync being on or off... is this related to FOV/Camera changes being outside the default norm?

[edit] Yeah it's real loving bad, actually. I see no difference between V Sync on or off... :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

VSync may not toggle correctly without a reboot, that was a bug awhile back, not sure if it got fixed.

Yes. Noticed when I came back it was neat and tidy again. Once you turn it off, no amount of toggling will make it active again. Cheers, not a big one, but definitely still a bug that's there... :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

I'm taking them down kicking and screaming!!

Really tho, hope it wasn't something people weren't supposed to notice. At least I only told these boards, so like, you know, 20 people.

It's searching but to no avail. :\

Real hurthling! posted:

servers still down for me.

am i right in my feeling that the ball locked camera is only for finding the ball and sucks rear end for trying to hit it?

I thought I liked the Ball Locked Camera in beta but a Ball Locked camera and a ball in motion = you absolutely loving up your angle of approach and missing.

The fact that there is an option for Ball Lock being a "press and hold" option is pretty telling. Basically if you whiff the ball or it gets behind you, you lock it, spin around to face it, and unlock it. I feel like that is the pro maneuver.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

icking fudiot posted:

The servers can't come online fast enough for demand, it may take awhile to even out assuming poo poo doesn't hit the fan again.

I mean, I kinda wanna play online, but this is (in a way) a good problem to have. I'm glad you guys are feeling the love. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Harton posted:

I was pretty happy to hear this was a ps+ game. Then strangely disappointed I couldn't give you money. I don't think I've ever had that feeling before. I hope they compensated you dudes better than you could have managed on your own though. I know I was gonna hype this poo poo up for sure, but ps+ gives you a ton of players who would never have thought to buy this game. It's gotta be great publicity.

Easy Fix for more money. Devs go bigger on some really cool DLC and we pay them for it. Win-Win.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Definitely down again/now.

[edit] Gonna fill up my 1tb HDD with saved replays.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 8, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hockles posted:

How do you fly like that?

Hop with X. Boost with O (with your butt pointed appropriately to give lift...)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Tutorial is good but Season is better. Even on Rookie you can just practice your moves with a bunch of moving/bumbling teammates.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Im online. Feeling fine!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nothing but fundamentals but holy poo poo I just had a great couple of 2v2 rounds. Guy would set up the ball and stop it and I'd swoop in and nail it. Or 2 man dribbles. Will copy down some replays and post later.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

Just got a boost that looks like the light cycles in tron. I'm happy

Hnnnngggghhhh!

Man... it's a testament to how good this game gets it's core feel that the most fundamental maneuvers can feel like goddamn super hero poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
A Pro-as-gently caress but risky clear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63qh8W5xCA

Cool Save-to-Fast-Break: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzBEw4icZ7s

Just a dope shot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgrqA_1T9Q0

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
One of the best tips I could give players is on the "tipoff" when you are barreling head on at the ball, try to SLIGHTLY adjust your angle of approach/impact. Having the ball not fly exactly straight-line at the goal can oftentimes result in an immediate score.

[ed]

Tip # 2: Learn to go up walls. Most of my best fast-break scores come from seeing the ball kind of pop up/roll up the side wall, I drive up the wall and come down at it, hitting boost down/towards goal. Then I just follow it in.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Tip # 3) Backwards Bicycle kicks are a great way to stop your (and the ball's) Super fast momentum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikGI5iNqK1E