Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is the difference? should i care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i just put all my pictures into different folders, op

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im not sure op. maybe we should call the applecare?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
The new Photos.app is literally just the iOS Photos app ported to OS X, and it shows. Doesn't look or feel like a native OS X app, is missing a lot of things from iPhoto, and generally just isn't that great.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

OS X and iCloud count the size of a GB differently. OS X displays storage representation in decimal, base 10 where 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. iCloud storage tiers are counted in binary, base 2 where 1 GB = 1, 073,741,824 bytes.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
release the extra 73mb timb/steeb

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I want photo stream back because I have many gigabytes of photos and they don't all need to be in the cloud just the recent ones

edit: also location tagging

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tim i will never pay you for the cloud, never

gently caress you tim

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i use onedrive & adobe lightroom and it suits my needs

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i put all my photos in the cloud now and it works great

tjhanks timb

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mishaq posted:

i put all my photos in the cloud now and it works great

tjhanks timb

hell, same!

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i don't have my pictures in the cloud because i'm a hollywood starlet that uses my phone exclusively for nude selfies

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

photos is actually really good and even noted whiny bitch marco arment and siracusa agree

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
all my pics are on g+

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cremnob posted:

photos is actually really good and even noted whiny bitch marco arment and siracusa agree
photos is for people who take their vacation photos with a 10" ipad

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

its actually for people that take photos with an iphone which is most people

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

photos owns and now 100+ GB of all my pictures dating back 10 years are in ~*the cloud*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
photos is alright once I accepted that I'm not a fancy photographer and I haven't charged my slr's battery in a year and a half so I probably don't actually need aperture any more

• Locked thread