Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
No PROUD man should ever have to witness such unspeakable acts! What kind of monsters would do something so heinous? Internet vigilantes, assemble!

Stupid people upset that teenagers carved their names on a metal railing. Now law authorities are getting involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
God bless are railings

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

This is hour country

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
hosed up if false

Rly makes u think

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
feed them to the bears

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Hehehe, this is funny. One this is the reason people who do graffiti don't use their real names, and welcome to our hyper recorded world where everything you do is logged down forever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I thought it was tradition to carve your name into something at a national park?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

quote:

“Brett doing what he did really helps us out,” Deschutes National Forest spokeswoman Kassidy Kern told the newspaper. “For as spoiled as his experience felt in the moment, it certainly has catalyzed a movement of people who really value public lands.

Really? Really now? Isn't the existence of a railing having more of an impact on the park than...y'know what this is dumb I'm out.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Hmmm yes, I forgot the mission of our national parks was to protect the sanctity of handrails and not, you know, the park itself and its natural beauty.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Those railings take thousands of years to for so I don't see what you jackasses are laughing about.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Hope these pieces of poo poo get hit with a prison sentence and hefty fines.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I bet the Internet detective that took the pictures carved some crap into the railing and took pictures of these random people and blamed them.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
ISIS has taken credit for desecrating this American monument

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Why'd he send them back to California?

why didn't he stop them when he could?

California's beautiful railings are in danger. I hope these people are caught soon but there's no way we'll get them before they strike again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's about how people treat public lands you horrific dorks.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
everyone involved should be murdered brutally and probably raped, but not after the fact. that's a punishment only troons deserve. tane.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Yaos posted:

I bet the Internet detective that took the pictures carved some crap into the railing and took pictures of these random people and blamed them.

No actually he's a pretty cool dude that races rides quads and works a job same as any other American

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
its always the land of fruits and nuts

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It would be nice if you could just tell me what the loving thread was about without me having to finish an ARG to get there.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

It's about how people treat public lands you horrific dorks.

a handrail seems slightly less bad than you know, carving your name in El Capitan

the fact that instead of just saying "Hey, you know you probably shouldn't have done that" and leaving it at that he decided it was best to post a picture of strangers (incl. two kids) on the internet so they could be publicly shamed is a little much. of all the things he picked to throw a fit over, he picked probably the most minor and this is what makes people who actually care about public lands look like nuts

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Can't he get in trouble for taking and making public pictures of minors or even adults without their consent? Though I guess flashing a peace sign is kind of consent. I don't really care, and this guy's being a pissbaby over something minor.

Like its lovely when people disrespect public lands but this doesn't seem like the best way to handle it

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
loving KILL THE PS E FUKING TEENS

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

You must be his friend.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
wow i hope they don't find all the poo poo i've carved at parks

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
oh wait who gives a poo poo, that guy that took the photo is a massive douche

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Carving a tree or rock or something that's part of the natural world in a park is pretty douchey, but a metal railing? Who cares? The railing itself is graffiti.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

George Zimmer posted:

God bless are railings

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

gonna go carve my name into some ancient trees now. thanks for the idea!

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
we do not inherit the railings from our ancestors, we borrow them from our children - gandy

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I prefer writing my name in piss at National parks.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Lotka Volterra posted:

a handrail seems slightly less bad than you know, carving your name in El Capitan

i bet the guy in the article also hates handstyles and graffiti, gently caress him up the rear end

i saw a handstyle the other day that said Lick More Nuts lmfao the article guy should do that

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I thought it was tradition to carve your name into something at a national park?

yes, it's part of the long american tradition known as "being a jerk" lol

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
glad to hear it op. i never liked that show

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
this is a fun thread because you can instantly spot the goons who have never been to a park before

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
. my taxes pay to have their names painted over
................. /
..............:bahgawd:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Uranium 235 posted:

Carving a tree or rock or something that's part of the natural world in a park is pretty douchey, but a metal railing? Who cares? The railing itself is graffiti.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

it's not even a nice handrail

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Welcome to Clurf

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I work in public parks and we get phone calls and pictures sent to us all the goddamn time by people who think they have some duty to report every dumb little thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

death by stoning. its in the bible

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I work in public parks and we get phone calls and pictures sent to us all the goddamn time by people who think they have some duty to report every dumb little thing.

what kinds of dumb little things

• Locked thread