Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saga
Aug 17, 2009

extra stout posted:

its comforting to know that i havent done coke too many times in my life to become president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

"yeah he maybe led the charge in Vietnam on some pontoon speed boat things and is a decorated veteran but he was really a PUSSY!" - a guy who dodged the draft

Dubya was the perfect war hero for our time.

George didn't want to actually fight in Vietnam, but he was really strongly in favor of watching other people do it on TV and feeling patriotic. If you think back to 2001/2003, his supporters didn't actually want to actually fight in Iraq or Afghanistan (or even pay the tax bill, hence the successful strategy of cutting taxes while relying on a ballooning deficit to fund two wars) but they were really strongly in favor of watching it on CNN and feeling patriotic.

In contrast, Kerry was a terrible hero. Kerry served despite misgivings about Vietnam and then after his service actively and publicly opposed continued American involvement. This was a terrible thing to do because (i) he opposed the war, thus ruining other people's fun and (ii) he made guys who dodged the draft because they had other priorities look bad.

That poo poo is just unforgiveable.

• Locked thread