Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sean Bean plays Liam's best friend who gets whacked in the first fifteen minutes of the film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Sean Bean plays Liam's best friend who gets whacked in the first fifteen minutes of the film

I am unironically tired of seeing Sean Bean die in every movie role. :(

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Anita Dickinme posted:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:catstare:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

He's in The Martian and he probably won't die in that unless they drop a rocket on top of his head :v:

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

You mean
:fap:

Then

:gizz:

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

:rolleyes:

I don't think most people are going to pick up on any of these things, guys.

I farted around irrigation canals my entire time in Afghanistan. If you told me there was a business man in Kabul who looks Persian, owns shoes, and doesn't poo poo on his own doorstep, I'd find that believable. Afghanistan is a big place.

Yeah well you think that 40% of Americans don't vaguely know that some Muslims (or is it all Muslims?) do revenge killings and once some half informed idiot makes a blog post about it, another 35% will go full retard about a movie glorifying a Muslim terrorist revenge killing ARE TROOPS?

I mean, you're right that most people probably won't pick up on the Pashtun specific part of it, but I'm pretty certain people WOULD immediately tie it to religion regardless.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

USMC503 posted:

Yeah well you think that 40% of Americans don't vaguely know that some Muslims (or is it all Muslims?) do revenge killings and once some half informed idiot makes a blog post about it, another 35% will go full retard about a movie glorifying a Muslim terrorist revenge killing ARE TROOPS?

I mean, you're right that most people probably won't pick up on the Pashtun specific part of it, but I'm pretty certain people WOULD immediately tie it to religion regardless.

USMC503 at the Premiere:

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Someone has to stir up misguided anger in America.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

USMC503 at the Premiere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBhR4QcBtE

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
lol. just lol:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Future a is the best show ever made. I will fight you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Future a is the best show ever made. I will fight you.

Prior to the movies I agree. The movies were so so. The Comedy Central seasons were hit or miss and mostly seemed to miss.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Prior to the movies I agree. The movies were so so. The Comedy Central seasons were hit or miss and mostly seemed to miss.

Fight me irl.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sorry bro, but the series should have ended with the Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sorry bro, but the series should have ended with the Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings.
That really would have been going out on a high note.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spicy Guacamole posted:

That really would have been going out on a high note.

Well, I mean they did go out on that note. It was years later after resurgence on Adult Swim that the movies came out. It was just a good ending. Hell, even though I think the movies weren't as good as the earlier ones, the ending to Into the Wild Green Yonder was a good sendoff.

The comedy central series, though? Some chuckles but most of it was way too hamfisted. The magic was gone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The final episode was cute

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Well, I mean they did go out on that note. It was years later after resurgence on Adult Swim that the movies came out. It was just a good ending. Hell, even though I think the movies weren't as good as the earlier ones, the ending to Into the Wild Green Yonder was a good sendoff.

The comedy central series, though? Some chuckles but most of it was way too hamfisted. The magic was gone.
That's what I meant, yeah. I didn't bother getting that far into the newer stuff. It's just not the same.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

make the son a chai boy that gets captured by the NA and butt hosed then have the son come in and kill them all. also name the father the juba sniper

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

also name the father juba the sniper

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mr. Nice! posted:

Sorry bro, but the series should have ended with Jurassic Bark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You fucker. :cry:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm the guy that's upset that they retconned that ending in Bender's Big Score because I love a good tragedy and it was loving perfect.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

that dog lived for like 50 fuckin years :wth:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They had a few episodes that they touched on the world Fry left behind and the lives that were touched by his absence. Luck of the Fryish is a great one for a similar reason although it has a more uplifting ending.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

You fucker. :cry:

:sympathy:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The insane thing is that they were going to make his mom wait, but decided that would be too depressing so they went with the dog. :(

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
After watching the trailer, I went from "completely uninterested" to "will probably pirate out of spite"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
delete it, then post a screenshot of your recycling bin

that'll show him

• Locked thread