Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Nowadays it feels like pizza is for literal babies tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
fuckin lol bro

that steak comes out your butt as poop

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i like how mad people get when you like steak the wrong way

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Otto von Ruthless posted:

i like how mad people get when you like steak the wrong way

Haha this is the most bitchmade thing to complain about, you're that dude, go "enjoy" your medium steak kid

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
now learn how to prepare a roast and truss a chicken

you'll thank me

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Taima posted:

Haha this is the most bitchmade thing to complain about, you're that dude, go "enjoy" your medium steak kid

i don't even eat steak :shrug:

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
worse and worse

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

that makes you an even bigger bitch

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
grow up. thats it.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

RaceBannon posted:

grow up. thats it.

Good advice to anyone

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
since i learned to make a treat that tastes good i don't eat that other treat and when i post about it everything is going to be incredible

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Literally the only thing that is more bitchmade than being the dude that complains when people make fun of him for ordering a medium steak

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Taima posted:

Literally the only thing that is more bitchmade than being the dude that complains when people make fun of him for ordering a medium steak

so, well done then?

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grilling steaks is for faggots with no tatsebuds. Sear that poo poo on cast iron 2 minutes each side with lots of butter and salt and pepper. Finish in oven at 375F for 5 mins.

Maillard reaction yo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Grill a pizza

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Lol @ op whose obv never put blue cheese on pizza

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Grilling steaks is for faggots with no tatsebuds. Sear that poo poo on cast iron 2 minutes each side with lots of butter and salt and pepper. Finish in oven at 375F for 5 mins.

Maillard reaction yo

this man speaks the truth

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Neukoln19 posted:

Lol @ op whose obv never put blue cheese on pizza

you can also melt cheese on steak, for an slightly more advanced way to get people going

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

you can also melt cheese on steak, for an slightly more advanced way to get people going

you make the cheese into melted blue cheese butter man, get it together

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I love to pay like $5 a pound for something I have to cook myself when I could get 10 McNuggets for $1.49

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
In ten months op gon post "since I discovered Mexican food i haven't grilled steak once"

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You had learn to put meat over a fire? Was it a night class or did you bang that one out over a few weekends?

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

You had learn to put meat over a fire? Was it a night class or did you bang that one out over a few weekends?

wait until someone tells this guy about sharpened sticks!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Hobohemian posted:

Making the hot red tongues come from stick is hard

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I can't afford steak and there is no place nearby to really get proper meat and veggies

that $5 frozen pizza looks pretty tasty

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather have a bag of doritos than steak

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's called steak pizza OP

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
i eat steak imitation food pellets

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Google "Spatchcock." Never look back

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I can't afford steak and there is no place nearby to really get proper meat and veggies

that $5 frozen pizza looks pretty tasty

Get chuck steak. Pound it with a mallet, cook, eat, :gizz:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

Get chuck steak. Pound it with a mallet, cook, eat, :gizz:

give me a drive over to the supermarket, I have to spend my change doing laundry

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

give me a drive over to the supermarket, I have to spend my change doing laundry

Dude. You may be better served working at the grocery store.

The ride I'll help you with. Just give me your home address, telephone number, mother's maiden name, first pet's name, favorite class in school, back account number, credit card number including expiration date and cv2 number and time you want me to pick you up.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
If you really know how to grill stead youll be able to make it so tender that you can put slices of it on a pizza.

Steak pizza.

:colbert:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

huskarl_marx posted:

now learn how to prepare a roast and truss a chicken

you'll thank me

the key is letting the skin dry out a little. then you get crispy, deliciousness.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
wtf lol you learned to grill steak?

im just gonna say that my dad isnt even an american (moved here after age 30) and somehow he managed to have me grow up with an innate, unlearned understanding of how to grill things of all shapes and colors

dunno what your excuse is OP sorry about your lovely dad i guess

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As someone that had grilled steak for years, tbh steak is best made in a broiling hot cast iron pan or salamander

The alton brown charcoal chimney method is also pro

3 minutes a side. 4-5 if you have something 2" or more thick

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dude. Ovens. Broil the fucker till it's rare, take it out, put a loving slight char on it, wait the five minutes and serve.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

Dude. Ovens. Broil the fucker till it's rare, take it out, put a loving slight char on it, wait the five minutes and serve.

Yeah, pretty much.

I used to be all into cast iron, but clean stainless is where its at.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I want a blow torch.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
for most of my life i thought that me grilling was just a baseline thing, like i nominally know how to take hunks of meat and place them over a flame until they are safe to consume and reasonably tasty, sure, thats a skill of some kind, kind of on par with being able to do your own dishes or wash your own clothes

when i became an adult i found out that this ability is some kind of arcane knowledge that people are completely baffled by, and people ask me to grill things for them and like sure no problem but it still doesnt feel like a skill to me, it feels like roasting meat until its tasty is kind of a thing humans should have down in 2015, considering we invented it like over 10 thousand years ago

• Locked thread