Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I just lost an octopode transmuter tro some bullshit bad luck on D:9 because of a loving human being centaur getting lucky shots through my high EV and buckler and im sad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
A few days ago I lost a level 27 octopode transmuter because i didnt wear clarity and golden eye balls can chain confuse you, until you're dead and you just keep quaffing (this means drinking them) potions but it doesnt matter because you're just con fused again until you're dead. thats 10 hours of my life gone, just like my draconian transmuter with 14 runes died.

i wonder sometimes if im sabotaging myself. i want to get all 15 of the runes of power, but what then?? getting a 15 rune win has defined my life for mnoths never, ever since i failed two times to gently caress prostitutes. after i ever do win, ill be empty again, with no direction in life. I just keep re-rolling over and over again, and then killing ymself my running nito a reaper, or doing something loving stupid. im so sexually frustrated. just like in Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup possibly the best roguelike, I wonder if i self sabotage in real life?? did i fail to get erections because of fear of intimacy, or am i afraid of success??? once I succesfull PIV sex a girl, ill be empty again. Ther's no satisfaction in life and Sam Harris is the smartest philosopher alive today.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
it is funny tro me that fyad is considered the trolling suboforum with no rules. because when I make bad posts in there they say things like "i think youd find the gbs forum more your kind of humor" or "please dont post here" and one time Maltag sent me a PM explaining to me that what I was doing was like going up to a group of friends and trying to interject in conversations without getting to know anyone which makes sense to me. whereas i post sincerely about my life issues asking for help in the E/N forum and im insulted. the forum for life advice's life advice is to accuse you of lying, call you boring and tell me that i should be gassed to death. it seems to me like fyad is the nice forum and E/N is the trolling forum for bullies. even when I PM'd koos group to ask him if he was the old asian man muttering "Miso Paste. Missooo paste. Miso paste" at peanut, he politely expalined that, no, that wasn't him, and the misunderstanding was cleared up. the opposite kind of behaviour you'd expect from a troll forum denizen.

Erolcha just sent me to the abyss, lol.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I escaped the abyss.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
A co-worker once confided with me about his sons addiction to videogames, and we had a long talk about religion, the generational gap, and how thigns in the world at large are changing so quickly that we dont know who we are anymore. he kept telling me that I should find a wife to be happy and I kept trying to defend videogames, saying that marriage isnt what it used to be, and that his generation grew up in a different world. it concluded with me writing "Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup" on a piece of scrap paper, folding ti up and handing it to him. i told him that not all videogames are bad distractions, just like in the exact same way that sports liek soccer and baseball aren't stupid either. I told him that maybe his son would be more open to talking to him if he understand videogames better but i quizzed him on Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup a few days later and I could tell that he didn't even bother googling it. old people say that they're wise and that they just want to help, but they lie to you to make you shut up, and his son is probably frustrated with him just like i am.

Erolcha immedaitely banished me again, 1 turn after I escaped the abyss lol

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
you learn a lot about death by playing roguelikes. You learn to accept the impermanence of all things like in buddhism, and you learn to appreaciate each character while you still have them. It's why I'm not scared of dying anymore. I wake up each day and I think about how easy it is to die, and how fragile every human being is. There's no doubt in my mind that I want to live my life anymore, which is a great gift from crawling. The real fear, is living. and torture and immortality. Death is not scary at all, the thing people should really be scared of is the one world government forcefully uploading our minds into a world where we cannot kill ourselvse even if we wanted to. Forceful immortality, where you lose sense of time as your tortured by beurocrats, thats the real scary thing which is why when ever I lose a crawl character, like how I just got sandwiched inbetween a tentacled starspawn, and those space blobs that divide and scream at you to death, I feel a little bit relieved (even though I'm also sad and mourning).

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Crawl tip for new-comers: If it's a hellion in sight, run, don't fight.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I put some toenail clippings in the spider web in my room and a big one came out to see the ruckus. then he took the toenail clippings out of the web, and i put them back in. This language game, isn't any different from any other conversation between 2 human beings. It's an interaction between me in the spider. it's the same as if I go up to the cute girl at the self check out, and put an item that doesn't work at self check out (you cant buy giftcards at the self checkout). She has to come down from the 2nd floor and remove it. the only difference between the two is that spiders don't really "think" like humans do, but if what the cute self-check out managing teen girl doesn't understand language. is it any different? This is an example of a thought experiment. I just lost another octopode transmuter, to a jelly. I thought I could take it down with the tentacle spike buff that transmuters start with, but I couldn't so it's time to st art another octopode transmuter.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is more revealing than any rorshack test could ever be. Preferences such as species, background and skills investment reveal a lot about the player.

Octopodes are one of the more difficult species to play in Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. They have low .h.p. average aptitudes and cannot wear armour other than hats, amulets and 8 magical rings at once, which is why youll often invest hours into one before you die to random number bullshit. There only main defence early on is a high aptitude for, and species bonus for stealth. octopode suits me because im a worthless coward who is physically weak and have no special aptitudes in real life. I'm a stealthy coward who cant be near attractive girls. My background of choice is Transmuter because I am trans. It does however take a special type of person to play the weaker crawl species such as Felid (cats) mummies and octopodes. I believe this is because of my extreme ironic detatchment in life that I cultivated during my relationship with my weird twitter girlfriend @tigerbonerz. Looking back I think that i intentionally sought out love interests that are at a large geographical distance from me so it hurts less when i lose a strong crawl character. never give up! you can always start a new game which is good, because whoops! lol I tripped an alarm trap with killer bees around before i have ice form memorized which means i get to read unidentified scrolls and quaff potios uselessly until im immedaitely shred to pieces without any loving thing i can do about it.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup doesn't have any in-game music or sound effects, so I like to turn on some music. Lately I've been listening to mbv by my bloody valentine and beethovens große fuge. It's important to set a limit to how many characters you want to attempt for any given day so you dont over-work yourself. I've got two more (out of 30) deaths before I give up for the day.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Looks like t his Octopode, is gonna make it baby! Sometimes luck strikes you big time and you get an early Alter of Cheibriados!!! Cheibriados is the cool crawl god to pray to. "Take it easy" is this God's motto. You can find most of the more experienced dungeon crawlers using this God. With his abilities such as Step From Time, and Temporal Distortion you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. Pray at this gods alter if you want to have a good time.

Cheibriados makes your character slower as you gain piety, but also increases your stats and gives you very strong god abilities to help you deal with your slow speed.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Where's the ring? Right here! The ring of wizardry allows me to cast Blade Hands and Ice Form much sooner than normal allowing me to train defensive skills such as dodging and stealth, and additionally the ring of magical power, ring of protection and amulet of guardian of spirit will give this squishy cephalopod some breathing room when unfortunate random number bullshit comes knocking on my crawl door. Gee I sure hope I don't gently caress this good character up like I've hosed up ever other good character and every opportunity for success and emotional intimacy that I've ever had. I'm sure this is going to be the real winner that I get all 15 of the runes with!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
In Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup there are branches in the main dungeon. Reaching the branch "Lair of the Beasts" is a major milestone as it has lots of experience to flesh out your characters offensive capabilities, but it is especially good for trans octopodes because there is a lot of ambient noise such as squawking and growling. Sounds like my ex-wife! :d:D Reaching this part of the game is also scary for the same reason reaching adulthood in real life is horrifying because from here on out, if you die it's because you messed up and did something stupid, as most characters by now have enough consumables to survive random number bullshit. This is where I like to take a break and meditate, as mindfulness training helps stop automatic thoughtless actions. Head on over to the Buddhism mega-thread is ask/tell to learn more about this.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
There's no time to play Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup tonight. which is fine anyways because I'm exhausted from dealign with my coworker kara today. She was in the staff room with a book on how to tie bondage knots clearly visible for everyone to see, and was even practicing how to do them in plain sight. The manager saw this, and just laughed because its a normal thing for her to do on the job. as soon as i walked in she immediately perked up and looked at me and said "Isn't this cool" and I said "Oh haha knots you must be going on a sailing trip well see you later." I immediately walked oout of the staff room and went to change into my suit in the mens washroom instead of the staffroom changeing closet. I got piss on my shoelaces. She's constantly getting away with this kind of bullshit.

It makes me think of buddhism and how the demon Mara, which by the way is a unique enemy that spawns in Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup and how he sent 3 of his sexy daughters to seduce Buddha. Of course the story goes that Buddha resisted them because he was so wise. In his time there weren't things like yoga pants, and tongue rings and young cant-touch-their-knees girls wit their sexy epicanthol folds were too busy working in fields and having babies, so it's not that impressive that buddha was able to resist them. In Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup It's always a good idea to avoid fighting Mara. He has ridiculously strong spells has a powerful fire spell and can even teleport when he's in danger. Not even scrolls of silence will help you because demons can cast spells with their minds without having to talk like they can in real life.

I've always been extremely sexually attracted to histrionic women. They remind of of succubi. There is some buddhist writing, from the big man himself about how life-force and attention are the same thing. There's an old buddhist saying: "Attention. Attention. Attention." and another intelligent buddist saying is "Attention means attention". It's a kind of personality disorder that feeds off of attention, and so because, thats the same as life-force or "Soul" which she is sucking ouit of me by doing thigns like carrying too much paper work and giggling in front of me. and her waist to hip ratio is so loving unbelieveably sexy. I've always felt different from everyone else all my life and other people dont seem to have a problem with her. whatever disorder i have is the one thats terrified of her.

I'm gonna catch up on the anime "One piece" right now.

But tomorrow I have lots of free time. I'm going to take some caffeine pills after my job and go from Lair, all the way to 15 runes and then I'll be happy for sure.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Managing your Crawl Space In Meat Space

A good crawl player has to also be good at life. Though you don't have to be good crawl to be good at life it's a big help in dealing with the random number generator loving you over.

Whereas usually I've been living off of candy and Ensure meal replacement shakes and occasionally Boost male replacement shakes, I've switched over to Veganone diety supplement powder. Be careful not to take the full 2 schoops a day right away. Build yourself up to it or you'll be experiencing violent puking and diarrhea for hours. Proper nutrition is NECESSARY IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE GOING FOR ALL 15 RUNES I can't stress this enough. If you feel hungry and grumpy you're going to mess up eventually.

Muscle training. Es[ecially if you're worshipping cheibriados, a single miss-key can be risky, or if you have fat fingers that press multiple keys at once. If you have fat fingers don't bother playing crawl at all until they aren't fat anymore. I got this stretching rope for free from a nice family that was moving and had a bunch of stuff for free in their front yard with a sign that said "Take me. Please!".

This one is pretty self explanatory

This one isn't necessary but before I meditate (you ARE meditating before your crawl session arent you?) I like to have an alter specifically for meditating on crawl. It helps as an anchor point for your meditation. Don't meditate on anything else on your crawl alter.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Today was exhausting so I have to be especially vigilant during todays session. Kara was at work today and went really far out of her way to make eye contact with me to the point where she was physcally standing in the door way, not fully blocking it but standing in such a way that my body had to rub up against hers to get by and she was doing this when I had to meet a deadline and she defiantly knew this. I wonder if the only reason anybody is alive is because of fear of death, and the sunken cost fallacy, but now that I'm safely home it's time to learn to crawl before I can walk, haha.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

You might be wondering why some of my items are the red color. Crawls design philosophy colors bad inventory items as red to let you know whether they are cursed or just plain bad items that you shouldn't of picked up in the first place. Negative numbers and upside-down questions marks indicate an item that will do the opposite of what it's supposed to do. The ring of evasion, will actually lower your evasion, and the blowgun is cursed. You will not be able to remove cursed equipment. A helpful analogy to explain this, is human relationships. When you meet someone new in your life you don't know if they're going to be good friends or if they only appear to be useful magical rings. You won't know whether it's a cursed blowgun until after you've already become emotionally attached to them and lent them money and confided youre problems and secrets with them until there's a hydra right next to you and you need to equip your flaming scimitar. The analogy breaks down however because in crawl you can simply read scroll of Remove Curse, whereas in real life if you just read words to un-equip cursed items nothing will change, you're just avoiding the problem.

Speaking of hydras, oh shitr, this one saw me and I'm not quite strong enough to handle them yet!! Hydras can be difficutl for squishy characters like octopodes. So what do I do?? Well when you have a problem ni crawl, press the "i' key to open your inventory and explore some options to do.

Ahh, fear!! Humans developed fear for a good reason. It helps us avoid predators and stops genetically un-fit beta-males from mating with the cute girl on the bus who grabs your hand and invites you to smoke weed with her.

Phew!! Just say you're too busy and have plans and get off the bus at the next stop and you're safe.

This is an example of a powerful unique monster that it's better just to avoid. Press 'X' button and highlight him and then press "e" button to set up an exclusion zone. This way you won't accidently wake Rupert up.

Whoops I'm a stupid piece of poo poo and didn't press the "X" button correctly. It isn't loving hard to set u p an exclusion zone lol. It's actually impressive that I've made such a loving stupi d mistake. This was a really lucky character and I might lose him now because I can't press a single button correctly, lmao, it's a really simple task and I didn't do it correctly, but thats life, you have to pay the risks.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Cheibriados, the god of taking it easy, and having a good time has saved me from the muscular berserker. Step from time is a strong ability that moves monsters and the rest of the level through time relative to you. Monsters will wander away, and grow slightly older and closer to death and poisoned enemies will be dead by the time you return. Time heals all wounds, but it's also killing everyone one really slowly all the time. The ability has some weaknesses, for instance if you use it in a small space the monsters will just keep wandering around the same area, and will still be there when you return. The ability only works forwards so no matter how much you want to return to the safety and warmth of your mothers womb you cannot.

THere's always someone to lend a helping hand in the crawl community. IT's a very friendly community of helpful boys with pleasant advice. Thanks Bimmy!

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I planned to progress a lot further into the dungeon today, but I fell asleep because I'm a hard worker. Starting from now I have to start long term planning character building. The best possible spellbook for me to find is a spell book of transfigurations. It has statue form, which will be my go-to spell for most of the game once I get it. Statue Form will help me with my low armour, low Hit Points, provide many different resists and even buff damage from my unarmed combat and slouch ability. Though there's nothing in-game I can do to influence which spellbooks drop for my characte

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I'm in the abyss.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I'm escaping the abyss.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I've escaped the abyss.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I've cleared the first 15 floors of the main, dungeon, the lair of the beasts, the orcish mines and the first 2 floors of the elvish pad. At this point it's time to start doing the lair branches. This run has given The Snake Pit and Shoals both of which are tied for my least favorite parts of the dungeon.

The Snake Pit is a bunch of bullshit. It's slow characters that are really strong, with lost of Hit Points, polearms, crossbows, and they;re all rudely spitting on you. They're not doing it just to insult your character their spit is poisonous. In addition you have mana vipers shock snakes and guardian serpents. all of these are really bad.

I've already almost died just on the first floor of snake because a naga warriors shield was too big for me to punch him. I had to use a Fan Of Gales to escape the nagas.

Earleir in the game snakes were my friends, but now they're stopping me from getting the runes.

Even worse than snakes is shoals. Everybody here either has a ranged attack, or they have polearms. Even the turtles can attack you from 2 tiles away, which dosent even make any sense. but it's either this or snake or depths, so I guess I'm gonna try and do shoals next. IT might be better if i just leave the dungeon now without any runes or orbs, because then at least I wont have technically lost the game.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
It's Kara's 22nd birthday in a few days. I feel bad about ignoring her and I wonder if I should sneak a 200$ baggie of mdma into her purse with a handwrittene birthday note explaining to her that she has a predisposition to peptic ulcers and self repression but I have to do this as sneakily as an octopode. The weather has been really great lately, the sun has been shining. I consider myself more of a philosopher than a critical theorist but to me the sun has always represented the truth, in the way that even genetic code in the center of our mother planet earth is mutilated by the harmful rays, and how if you stare at the truth for too long you will become blind. My bets chances are to just charge another sigil to find the book of transifurations. I need statue form to not be overwhelmed by merfolk trident bullshut and I need petrification so that we can both me stoned together . I hate centaurs so much.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Current stats. Up to the depths cleared, and the first floors of the lair branches cleared, which means it's time to start getting some runes of power soon. The temperature is really rising now.

Petrify has been found. This will allow me to turn monsters from living beings with identities into mere lifeless stone caricatures robbing them of the agency to escape my crushing tentacles. Still no book of transfigurations. I nkow I'm charging the sigils correcly because when I was only 16 I had written a very well received 99.8% score on a guilde I submitted about how to move smal lobjects with my mind. Obviously I don't still believe that psychokinesis is an ability I have, it was just a phase I went through as a teenager but what I m getting at is that I know what I'm doing. Kara will most likely fired soon due to missing too many shifts to go to masked orgies and live music I'm too old to understand. I was sad at first abotu this but once shes gone ill be less stressed for Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup and I'm indifferent to her. because shes going I'm using her to face some fears and I got her to say the words "pee pee". I've awlays found it extremely funny for an attractive young women to say things like "pee pee" and "poopy pee pee". Phase shift is a great spell! I wish I could petrify kara, so that she coujldnt leave, but mostly so that I could look at her whenever without her experincing myself.

Bwuh? This big guy doesn't have a weapon!

Every rule has an exception and in this case I didn't run from the hellion, just like in the infamous /b/ meme "Ahahaha so much power, I'm unstoppable"

These are the doors of Zot. Not many players ever get to take a screenshot of them...

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
Crawl tip for new-comers: There's no doubt if you blow a needle out creeping about there will be no shout.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
My current game plan is to buy dragon form from a shop, and start training that. I'm certain a book of transfigurations will drop soon, but I need at least to be a big dragon to start getting runes. I love the idea of summoning demons, so after I have dragon form my plan is to get aura of abjuration and summon greater demon. I'd also like to use the spell that summons tentacles too, I think that's really neat. I have multiple wands of healing and multiple wands of teleport. I can get all 15 runes. I'm not gonna mess up. I know I can do this.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

First Rune!

Second Rune!

Current stats. This is while I'm a dragon with my buffs on.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

"Life and Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup": You must find balance. The first skills you train in the beginning of the game are your offensive attacks. Imagine if you're in grade 3 and you get pissed off and try to punch someone but they don't even realize that you're trying to hurt them, they'er just confused at what you just did. Train your main d amage dealing skills first, sometimes along with stealth if you have a strong aptitude for it. in life some good skills to train are eating the right food, exercise and love but you have to go with what aptitude you have. dont bother going to church if youre species is troll.

this is a normal expression of my admiration of her temporary youth and skills in applying beauty cream, which I heard has parts of baby penises in it, skillfully to her face. kara is gonna think "what a nice surprise to find drugs from a stranger in my purse". I read exeprts have found that histrionic personality is 'linked'(?) heavily to anti-social personality. I wouldn't mind being murdered by her if I got to see her face during. I also read the clown cereal killer john ejaculated with pleasure when he murdered his first victim. Maybe he was just doing it for attention? Hopefully I can sneak these into her purse without her knowing.

The well known Vaults:5 ambush is no match for dragon form! Mostly likely I will find the book of transfigurations in one of the 4 giant treaure vaults. Either that or in one of the stores generated on this level.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

3rd rune! I now have enough runes to enter the realm of zot, my personal favorite realm.

A quick deteour to a previously sleeping herd of centaurs. I spent about 50 turns just standing still with my buffs on letting them hit me. Not even the centaur master archers can do anything to me. I didn't turn into a dragon for this battle, I wanted to constrict them to death *laughs*.

The doors to Zot glow eerily as I insert 3 runes into the locks. It's summertime so girls aren't wearing real clothes. Nobody can fire Kara because even the post-menopausal HR lady drools at her see through shirt that is just a bra. I wanted to put the note and drugs into her purse but when I saw her she was so pretty that I started tearing up and had to leave. I don't usually get emotional but at least I have a couple more chances.

Heavy smoke pours out from the door to Zot. Kara won't be fired but at least she is having her hours cut and will be working separate days from me. Good. More time to think about Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.

Half human half dragon hybrids, moths of wrath and undead corn on the cob people reside in the realm of zot, but worst of all is that some of the floor tiles have skulls on them.

I overheard Kara complaining about how many men ask her out on dates and it made me wonder if she knows how bad the world is. Does she know that unbearable unescapable loneliness is a thing that exists? or that love is a bumbling doofus? Or that heaven isn't a reward for good people but rather a mixture of drugs (psilocibn mushrooms,mdma,xanax,big jar of crushed bitter almonds) taken only at the great expense of loved ones? I'm glad that she's not taking away my ignorance of how good it is to touch her naked body. I don't want to take away anyone's ignorance because when other people are sad, it makes me sad. I just want to 15 rune Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.

Still no book of transfigurations.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
It's not letting me edit my posts for some reason but this is supposed to be the last picture

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
My internet router keeps turning itself off and on and my senheiser headphones are cutting out on the right side. I can't play crawl. I can't do anything about it till Saturday and the only version of offline crawl I have is on my nexus 7 tablet which I use exclusively for mobile pornography. So I'm sitting here on my iPhone (piece of poo poo gently caress apple!!!!!) trying to think of a way to tell Kara that she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen but with plausible deniability that I really meant it. I could say it sarcastically, or I could just say it to every co-worker in front of her so she thinks I think very one is the most beautiful. My best idea so far is to say "you're the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world" but put a lot of emphasis on 'wide world'.

I only have enough data on my phone to read the crawl wiki so I guess I'm just going to do that until I have working internet. I really want to crawl. I also wish I had internet so that I could read gbs for some laughs while I'm sad.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

ive cleared out most of the Realm of Zot up to the orifices leading to the "Lungs of Zot", a nickname by veteran crawl players to the big rooms leading to the orb opening. Ive killed enough bad guys to reach the final level, the 27th. This is the final level and the peak of your power. After 27 you start to decay and accrue mutations then you go to hell and get confused in slime by eyeballs.

According to my calculations this many wands dropping in a single game alone is one in a million reduced to the closest decimal. Not pictured are 2 more wands of teleportation and one more of healing in my crawl pile. In Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup wands are magical devices that have a limited number of charges. Your crawl character cannot enter Gnosis but can use somewhat uncommon Scrolls of Recharing to get more use out of wands. I'm already proficient in managing limited resources because my brother would make fun of me for wasting ammunition in 007 golden eye for the nintendo 64 until id have to run to calm down in the closet or upside laundry basket.

I was feeling brave and talked to Kara. She mentioned that she is so introverted that she flakes out on friends to be alone. I suggested that she just not have friends like me and she said "i wont have any friends if keep this up *laughs*". She told me she never gets lonely and I said "same". I wonder if she's not so different from me after all? I tried to put the birthday note and drugs into her purse but after I had finished she asked me what I was doing in her purse from behind the coats in the coat alcove where she had been standing the entire time. I took the stuff back out of her purse and walked away to memorize how to spell 'Kikubaaqudgha' the crawl god of necromany to take my mind off things. While leaving work I tried to explain to her what I was doing and that I lied about never being lonely but she threw me off with a bad egg joke while rolling her eyes. I told her to have a happy birthday but she just said "sure.." while refusing to face me. She's on reduced hours starting now, so I can finally really focus on Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
I'm in the abyss

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

With level 1 of the abyss I'm officially entering The Extended End-Game. Although being banished to the abyss is awful in early to mid game, its a blast when youre high level. the level is infinite and ever changing like the inside of your mind. some minds arent as infinite as others however, whereas most children can have original imaginary friends, others have to use characters from videogames as thier imaginary friends. Any will do, but a good idea is for example the koopa siblings from super mario world for the super nintendo entertainment system. If you're stressed out just use your imagination to calm down. Another interesting thing is that almost any item in the game can spawn in the abyss including spell books.

Level two of the abyss feels like browsing meatspace with incognito mode on. It's two times as chaotic as level one as you can tell from the screen shots. its the crawl equivalent of ordering silent chicken tendies because im embarassed about always eating the same thing at restaurants.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

the 3rd level of abyss. anything can happen starting on these floors from finding the abyssal rune, to the strongest randart weapons to top tier demons like ice fiends and hell sentinels. There arent any rules at this depth of the abyss. A high stealth skill level is especially useful for the abyss but any turn some ins anally chaotic stuff can happen to you. Crawl veterans however notice patterns in the noise. observe closely the grassy terrain and trees to the bottom left of this screenshot. dont scroll down until you spot it.

a patch of terrain that doesnt look like the abyss is exactly where the god of formless chaos Lugonu would hide the abyssal rune. When you think he's gonna do one thing the god of chaos does something completely different that you didnt see coming.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

4th Rune of Power 11 more to go. The next rune is going to be the slimy rune, which also comes with 4 big treasure vaults. I'm going to go to the gym and work out now.

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

The Slime Pits

ah no The Slime Pits are a real mess! The monsters in the branch are mostly eye ball themed, reminding me of karas eyeballs. The bad guys are eyes of devastation, eyes of draining, golden eyes, giant eyeballs (these reminds me of karas giant eyeballs), shining eyes and my least favorite the great orb of eyes, which is multiple eyes combined into an orb. There are also slimes, oozes brown oozes, death oozes pulsating acid blob, pus sacs slimey pussey pee pee bags, metal slime creatures jellys smellys blobs and, lastly some lumps. Aye yai eye!! *laughs*. Don't touch the walls theyre made out of acid. This also reminds me of her. Even though I won't be seeing her often anymore shes still messing with me in my dreams. I have a reoccuring onee where im in my old townhouse complex i grew up in. I wake up in my bed and i look across the room and i have every portable gaming console. They were lined up leaning against the far wall of my bedroom. in my dream she looks at them, and then at me, and then gives me a kind of angry passive aggressive shrug and I wake up. Personally i dont think dreams have any meaning to them. they're just a bunch of messed up crap your brain makes your mind have.

I meant to take a screenshot of the royal jerry at low health but I accidentally defeated him in a single turn. The royal jelly spawns self defense slimes whenever he takes damage, so a good thing to do is to fight in the middle of the level betwixt the slime vaults so you won't get surrounded.

Now I have 5/15 runes. equal to 0.333... or 1/3 of the runes I need to have all 15 of the videogames runes. Additionally defeating the royal jelly gives you access to his 4 treasure vaults!

still no book of transfigurations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug
There are 10 runes of power left to me before my life is permanently happy instead of sad. Five of them are in the halls of pandamonium, four of them are in hell and the last one is in the tomb of ancients where I lost my first level 27 character. the womb of ancients is the only place in the game i havent ever beaten before. It was a deep elf that got hosed by the first floor due to greater mummy curses. Pandamonium is similar to the abyss but much more dangerous. Even in dragon form being dropped onto 'hellion island' is very dangerous.

Hell is very stressful. It has all the strongest monsters in the game, powerful hell lords and 'mystical forces'. The mystical forces can summon demons adjacent to you, create fake bullying chat messages in the spectate chat box, rot you pegging you with magical attacks and flavor messages like "Bawhahha you are doomed!". mystical forces make even resting to regenerate health a battle i guess thats why they call it hell. Before I tackle hell it's time to min/max my loot by getting more of it from

The Crypt

by the time youll have reached the Extended End-Game most players will have tons of gold coins saved up. This is an excellent time to buy resists (fire/ice/negative) at stores you've found, as you'll need full sets to do the 4 different hell-sub-branches. There's no use hoarding your money because it can't solve any real important problems in crawl. 200$ will let you have sex with a masseuse but even if you tip double that amount you cant buy love or being cared aobut. you can buy a thousand dollarss of brown love powder but thats pointless if a girl isnt also taking it in the same space and time as you. Go spend lots of money on your clothes to be fashionable, having expensive clothes wont stop you from wearing sweatpants and heavy winter jacket every day and then sneak your 1st prize spelling bee cash into your parents wallet but theyll still fight about finances. 600 crypto currencies can buy your twitter gf xanax from india but its too low quality so she stops RTing and faving you. the Best thing sin life are given up freely by otherp eople. A nice smelling lock of hair. A helium balloon. A freely developed videogame like Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup or just a hug are all really nice.

Clearing out the last level of the crypts was easy as a dragon. The level is shaped like the kind of flag pirates use and pirates have treasure so there should be some good loot here.

• Locked thread