Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Well, looks like nothing outside the rules, wrap it up everybody.

Tom Brady, greatest quarterback of all-time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it doesn't even matter

goodell won't do anything to them

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

He probably might have known something

v:)v: the report.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I bet you Peyton Manning's noodle arm needs the balls to be filled with helium to throw them more than ten yards

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Alter Ego posted:

How is the big takeaway not this?

Because they're saying that the kicking ball was an actual accident. The deliberate deflating of balls still happened.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

TubeStank posted:

Because they're saying that the kicking ball was an actual accident. The deliberate deflating of balls still happened.

More likely than not.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Might as well repost this here.

Wow. I remember how in the first week right after the AFC Championship game when all the damning information was flying that I came on here outright doubting the team, and said that if we were indeed guilty of the allegations that I wouldn't able to defend them. Of course then more and more information leaked out that seemingly pointed to the Pats being innocent so that by the Super Bowl I had no doubt in my mind that we were going to eventually be exonerated. And I've been thinking that for months now.

But the information in here is so damning that I have to accept that my initial doubts were right. Tom Brady is a cheater.

I am legit sad guys. :( Like so many of you I invest so much energy into this dumb sport so it only makes sense that I feel a good bit of it has been completely wasted. gently caress

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Hard balls couldn't save the Seahawks from their own coaches

:chord:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

More likely than not.

Yes they don't literally have videotape of the entire thing, you got us time to pack it in

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

He probably might have known something

v:)v: the report.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Can this be renamed to Probablygate

I love how the inclusion of the phrase "more probable than not" now means that this entire report is all about speculation and that there's no way we can infer what really happened.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Tom Tucker posted:

More likely than not.

is this your first interaction with the writing of a lawyer? it sounds like it is

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But the information in here is so damning that I have to accept that my initial doubts were right. Tom Brady is a cheater.

I am legit sad guys. :( Like so many of you I invest so much energy into this dumb sport so it only makes sense that I feel a good bit of it has been completely wasted. gently caress

lmao What in the hell, you should be reveling in this poo poo

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

if it ends the same way then I'm fine with that

It has been another four years since a Giants - Pats Super Bowl ...

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Might as well repost this here.

Wow. I remember how in the first week right after the AFC Championship game when all the damning information was flying that I came on here outright doubting the team, and said that if we were indeed guilty of the allegations that I wouldn't able to defend them. Of course then more and more information leaked out that seemingly pointed to the Pats being innocent so that by the Super Bowl I had no doubt in my mind that we were going to eventually be exonerated. And I've been thinking that for months now.

Going to repost this here too.

Stop being such a pussy. Brady is not a cheater, he's the greatest quarterback of all time. Belichick is the greatest coach of all time. The Patriots are the greatest franchise in the history of sports of all time. It's a smear campaign. Do some loving mental gymnastics for me one time.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
On WEEI just now: "This is what it sounds like when doves cry."

Wrap it up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WEEI guys are totally hung up on "more probable than not" language.

"WHAT IS PROBABLE? ARE WE TALKING 51 TO 49 PERCENT?"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Accept being the rich heel team from the good side of the tracks that the underdog scrubs hate

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

WEEI guys are totally hung up on "more probable than not" language.

"WHAT IS PROBABLE? ARE WE TALKING 51 TO 49 PERCENT?"

"Ignoring the text messages..."

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

football fuckerman posted:

is this your first interaction with the writing of a lawyer? it sounds like it is

He's one of the lurking pats fans who only comes out to spew poo poo when they get caught cheating

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Accept being the rich heel team from the good side of the tracks that the underdog scrubs hate

Has this not been the case since like, 2003?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

It mostly reminds me of that idiot pitcher from the yankees who was donking up baseballs with some really reflective gunk on his neck. Do that poo poo, just don't be so stupidly obvious and leave a paper trail.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also, NFL live is on ESPN today right? Someone please get Tedy Bruschi's reaction to all this.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Honestly, at this point, what can the league do?

All this report seems to say is "Tom Brady probably did this thing". It would suck to lose a first-round draft pick or have Brady or Belichick suspended though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tom Tucker posted:

More likely than not.

Yeah let's just ignore that a dude called himself The Deflator and the needles and texts and autographed merch and bradys unwillingness to cooperate and...

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Eagerly awaiting a lifetime ban for all parties involved.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Yeah let's just ignore that a dude called himself The Deflator and the needles and texts and autographed merch and bradys unwillingness to cooperate and...

I have no problem ignoring that, you guys are the losers hung up on it and won't let it go.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Alter Ego posted:

Whatever the gently caress they want.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I believe that if the balls had not been under inflated in 2001 then the football would have been heavy enough to cause enough of a delay in Brady's arm that the ball would clearly have been fumbled before the "tuck" motion had begun and thus the Raiders would have not been screwed over and would have won the Super Bowl that year.

Thanks, Wells report.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Parmesan Basil posted:

Eagerly awaiting a lifetime ban for all parties involved.

also a stripping of all awards/accolades

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This one guy on WEEI is reasonable and the "Jerry" guy is delusional

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Tom Brady cheats at football.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Roger Goodell isn't constrained by things like "reason" or "justification" or even really "oversight" it's basically whatever the gently caress he wants

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Brady gets suspended. Jimmy G comes in and lights it up. Tom sulks the rest of the season, gets traded, and the cycle begins anew.

Hail Satan.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
After this, you probably have to shave off at least a season or two worth of all-time yards thrown. It's not legitimate. Probably some TDs in there too...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Patriots are still Superbowl champs regardless of this report :getin:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I'm really impressed at how much disdain the equipment guys have for Tom Brady. They're the true heroes in this.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Pretty damning evidence for the seventh most evil team in the league. I expect a signed apology Lombardi delivered to Richard Sherman's doorstep.

Wait, 7th?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

This one guy on WEEI is reasonable and the "Jerry" guy is delusional

That's Jerry Thornton. Quite possibly the biggest Patriots/Belichick homer in existence. Actually a really good writer/football mind guy if you can get past the ball-washing. I'm not even listening but I can guarantee I 100% agree with him, even if I really don't agree I still do.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brady claimed to Wells that he didn't know who the deflator guy was lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Intruder posted:

The Patriots are still Superbowl champs* regardless of this report :getin:

• Locked thread