Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

I cannot believe Jerry. This is absolutely hilarious.

This is unbelievable, Jerry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Burger Trench posted:

Tom Brady won't get suspended because the Patriots play the first game of the 2015 NFL season.

Bob Kraft will still be pissy.

I don't think anyone should get suspended but now I want Brady to get suspended just so it gets talked about the entirety of the opening game and Pats fans will get pissy about it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There is still no evidence - some guy spent three months investigating and found some rude texts. "Probable." "Generally aware." There's no evidence any footballs were under-inflated, they are not mentioned as being so in the texts. Further - some of the Colts footballs were found to be under inflated at halftime too.

This is all a bunch of nothing - the only infraction PROVEN to have occurred is a league official stealing from a charity. The rest is all smoke and mirrors and weasel-worded speculations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Wow the balls got down to 11 at halftime?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The other take away from this is that those two ball attendants are probably loving. There's a lot of fun innuendo in those txts.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Papercut posted:

I don't care if the league does nothing, the important thing is that every time anyone brings up Belichick, the Patriots, or Brady as the bests of all time, they can immediately be laughed away as cheaters.

e: beaten x 2

I'd be surprised if anyone gives a poo poo about this in 10 years. After Belichick and Brady are gone their reputations will be whitewashed just like Al Davis and Art Modell's were.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Smart thing for Goodell is to either let it die based on the weasel words about no smoking gun, or punish Brady for failure to cooperate with the investigation rather than the act itself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

There is still no evidence - some guy spent three months investigating and found some rude texts. "Probable." "Generally aware." There's no evidence any footballs were under-inflated, they are not mentioned as being so in the texts. Further - some of the Colts footballs were found to be under inflated at halftime too.

This is all a bunch of nothing - the only infraction PROVEN to have occurred is a league official stealing from a charity. The rest is all smoke and mirrors and weasel-worded speculations.

Patriots lied, Seahawks season died

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Athanatos posted:

Now he's on the "He's been doing it forever, so it's fine" defense.

Some quarterbacks just like balls a certain way, if a quarterback likes to play with a basketball who are we to judge we're not quarterbacks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
IF ANYTHING it seems like Tom Brady was being blackmailed to make sure the balls weren't the size of "rugby balls".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
At least concussions and over saturation of the sport will probably kill the league within a decade. And the heat death of the universe will eventually make all this meaningless. So that's good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Because as far as I'm concerned... If Brady never specifically told them to specifically gently caress with them post inspection, and never told them to specifically go below legal limits- rewarding your subordinates with gifts for putting in extra effort to make things how you want is common practice. It's clear those two jackasses have problems with Tom and even went as far as to joke around about loving with the balls to screw tom up. If they broke the rules without specific orders from Tom telling them to... I don't see how tom could get in trouble.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

So this guy was saying "gently caress brady i'm going to gently caress with his (foot)balls" and Brady is the cheater?
Doesn't add up

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

IF ANYTHING it seems like Tom Brady was being blackmailed to make sure the balls weren't the size of "rugby balls".

So Brady is Nixon and McNally is James W. McCord in this analogy?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At least concussions and over saturation of the sport will probably kill the league within a decade. And the heat death of the universe will eventually make all this meaningless. So that's good.

You're sitting alone in a darkened room staring at the wall and holding a revolver, aren't you? Be honest.

Stop falling all over yourself to be reasonable and be a real Pats homer, dammit.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If deflated balls meant the difference between beating the Seahawks or not, I'm willing to let it slide.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

you have no backbone

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mods please change my name to The Deflator. TIA

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I hate the Pats and this is funny, and I will roll around in the info like human catnip. But at the end of the day, this is "cheating" akin to using too much stickum or smacking an earhole, it's nothing that should hurt his legacy.

To me it's just a "Well, Tom Brady was a dirty player, but he was also one of the best of our generation" type of impact

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Kalli posted:

Because as far as I'm concerned... If Brady never specifically told them to specifically gently caress with them post inspection, and never told them to specifically go below legal limits- rewarding your subordinates with gifts for putting in extra effort to make things how you want is common practice. It's clear those two jackasses have problems with Tom and even went as far as to joke around about loving with the balls to screw tom up. If they broke the rules without specific orders from Tom telling them to... I don't see how tom could get in trouble.

lol what forums website are you quoting this from

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Alter Ego posted:

So Brady is Nixon and McNally is James W. McCord in this analogy?

It's more like Brady is Lyndon Johnson, the ball is John F. Kennedy, and the deflator is Lee Harvey Oswald.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I disagree, and furthermore, I think it is good Tom Brady cheated

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Raku posted:

It's more like Brady is Lyndon Johnson, the ball is John F. Kennedy, and the deflator is Lee Harvey Oswald.

So...McNally shot the ball and the ball was replaced by Brady? :psypop:

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Tom wouldn't cooperate with the investigation.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Alter Ego posted:

So...McNally shot the ball and the ball was replaced by Brady? :psypop:

HOW DEEP DOES THIS RABBIT HOLE GO

Nah, Brady just maintains his innocence as he benefits from the ball getting holes punched in it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ehud do you have an alert on your phone for Patriots news.

You post more Patriots news than Patriots fans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do it ironically posted:

lol what forums website are you quoting this from

The 2nd easiest shot, reddit.

First quote was from KFFL, I'm too lazy to actually try and read Patsfans right now.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

TubeStank posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SA2K posted:

Ross calling out someone for being too invested in their division rival

Pot calling the kettle a pot here

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Tom Brady spiked Derrell Bevel with psychotropic drugs as that is the only explanation why any sentient being would think throwing a goal line slant to Ricardo Lockette is a good idea.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So what are the chances the league hands down a suspension here?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just won :10bux: from coworkers by betting that this was on the front page of CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC. At least FN doesn't have it as the main thing.

gently caress you America

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

TubeStank posted:

4 time Superbowl Champions don't need to talk to whoever the gently caress Ted Wells is

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Athanatos posted:

If deflated balls meant the difference between beating the Seahawks or not, I'm willing to let it slide.

The league controlled the Super Bowl balls so the biggest comeback win in Super Bowl history is pristine.

:smuggo::hf::patssay:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is pretty laughably dumb. Buncha words ending up with "ehhh maybe"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SA2K posted:

what else did i post about them

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

sean10mm posted:

The league controlled the Super Bowl balls so the biggest comeback win in Super Bowl history is pristine.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Ehud posted:

Click your post history

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

So what are the chances the league hands down a suspension here?

The chances are a lot like my posts...extremely good...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I'm simultaneously ecstatic that Tom gave us Sherman-gif (indirectly) and also that he's a cheater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Stop needling our balls Ehud.

• Locked thread