Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Blah, I was hoping to be able to scoop up Kiora, because I am a greedy dingus like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Blah, I was hoping to be able to scoop up Kiora, because I am a greedy dingus like that.

No kidding about greedy, how are you ever going to get Thassa online?

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010
Blue looks like the only color I wasn't going to be fighting two other people over :shrug:

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Well I'm still Mono-White control. Will I have to move into a second colour? Who knows!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

The Lord of Hats posted:

Not empty quoting

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Rimusutera posted:

Well I'm still Mono-White control. Will I have to move into a second colour? Who knows!

I am glad we seem to have reached an agreement.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Burning Ice, you're up.

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
at this rate (1 pick a day) we will be done ~20th of july. how about going up to two picks each after halfway?

also i refuse to commit to a second color

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I'd be happy with anything that speeds up this process; the pace of this is somewhere close to glacial.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Mordieth posted:

at this rate (1 pick a day) we will be done ~20th of july. how about going up to two picks each after halfway?

also i refuse to commit to a second color
Yeah, I must admit that I was expecting things to be a bit zippier. Assuming that no one objects, I would be fine going up to two picks after round... 15? At that point it's mostly going to be chaff that won't make or break your deck, and you'll have your core deck figured out.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jonked posted:

Yeah, I must admit that I was expecting things to be a bit zippier. Assuming that no one objects, I would be fine going up to two picks after round... 15? At that point it's mostly going to be chaff that won't make or break your deck, and you'll have your core deck figured out.

That'll take a week. Why not just start doing doubles after round nine (so starting round ten), where upon Mordieth gets the first double, then me, and so on and we continue that way?

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
isnt that a bit too soon? i think waiting a couple of picks after 10 is the sweet spot, 12?

maybe a poll?

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know about doubles really, on second thought. It makes sense for large formats, where you expect people to solidify into defined archetypes very quickly, but because the card pool here is quite small and the number of archetypes limited, there's likely to be scrapping for cards for most of the draft. I would like things to go quicker, but it feels like there's not much point in doing a rotisserie draft if you skip through the good parts.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well, the only way to make this go faster without doubles is probably to get everyone together at once and just rapidfire grab stuff. The problem with that is, of course, scheduling.

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
i have a hunch we are on wildly different schedules

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
hurray for doubleposts! one option is to find someone people can pre-load picks to, which would speed tings up (until people starting stealing each others picks ofc)

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Let's see if we can knock out the rest of this round tonight...

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The pick seems to have a tendency to come around to me right before I leave work, and then rebound back to me really quickly so it's stuck there for a good few hours.

I think that another couple rounds of single picks and then switching to double picks is the right idea.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Sorry for taking a while, I was up north for basically the weekend. Double picks should speed things along

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Frozen_flame posted:

Sorry for taking a while, I was up north for basically the weekend. Double picks should speed things along
That's fine. It's your pick by the way

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
dont take my cards yo

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
and there goes dissolve

also. I saved the link to the doc on my phone for easy access so it should be easier for me to check up on it.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Rimusutera posted:

and there goes dissolve

also. I saved the link to the doc on my phone for easy access so it should be easier for me to check up on it.

what cruel irony

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Myriad Truths posted:

what cruel irony

Whoops. Sending it back around.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rimusutera posted:

Whoops. Sending it back around.

More like "Godsending it back around", am I right?

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Picks made, off to bed now

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Frozen_flame, is it possible for you to check the sheet more frequently or seek replacement? I personally do not feel that repeatedly taking 24 hours on picks is reasonable.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
Soviet Canuckistan, you're up.

Soviet Canuckistan
Oct 24, 2010
Pick made. Go ahead, Rimusutera.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Myriad Truths posted:

Frozen_flame, is it possible for you to check the sheet more frequently or seek replacement? I personally do not feel that repeatedly taking 24 hours on picks is reasonable.

I will, sorry to hold things up.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Heyo

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Frozen_flame posted:

I will, sorry to hold things up.
Hey, sooooo... what's going on? Are you dropping, or would you like to make your Round 8 pick...?

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Jonked posted:

Hey, sooooo... what's going on? Are you dropping, or would you like to make your Round 8 pick...?

I didn't know I still got one, I can make it now.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Frozen_flame posted:

I didn't know I still got one, I can make it now.

I can poke you on Skype if you need me to remind you that you have picks, should I see its gone to you.

Personally I;m trying to check at least once in the morning and once in the evening. Anyone else feel thats reasonable?

Mordieth
Dec 23, 2008
you can go to tools -> notification rules to get an email every time someone changes the document. and just pick with your phone or whatever

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Mordieth posted:

you can go to tools -> notification rules to get an email every time someone changes the document. and just pick with your phone or whatever

And that's done, and something new learned!

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
So how does everyone feel about going to 2 picks on round 11?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Good as time as any to put this forward:

The selections are getting slower, I'm getting tired of having a tab constantly open to the draft to check on whether or not I'm up, and by the time we get around to dueling, I think spoilers for the second return to Zendikar set will be starting.

I recommend abandoning this draft and instead, if someone wants to do this again in the future, to get it happening all at once, a la how draft usually goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Ramos posted:

Good as time as any to put this forward:

The selections are getting slower, I'm getting tired of having a tab constantly open to the draft to check on whether or not I'm up, and by the time we get around to dueling, I think spoilers for the second return to Zendikar set will be starting.

I recommend abandoning this draft and instead, if someone wants to do this again in the future, to get it happening all at once, a la how draft usually goes.

I'd be okay with this, but I'd also be okay with continuing with the double picks idea. Everyone else's call.

• Locked thread