Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my dad was cool but he died like a bit and now i think he's pretty lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
he totally lost his poo poo around the time i turned 16 but it was clear that he was always a nut and had been holding it together as best he could. i was pretty grateful that he tried as hard as he did and waited until i was done with high school and pretty much on my own before he completely went nuts. he and i barely spoke for six or seven years which bummed me out, then i found out he'd had throat cancer for a couple of years and was super close to dying. he had turned into a tiny little creature with a mangled face and all sorts of tubes sticking out of his body, it was really hosed. i got to see him a couple of times before he died but he was on some serious drugs and kept pouring vodka into his feeding tube so he was extremely confused and kept passing out, plus his jaw had been removed so he couldn't talk and could only scribble in a little notebook. i couldn't wake him up when i was leaving so i kissed him on the head and told him i loved him and left. he died pretty soon after, about a month before his 50th birthday. he was a cool dude and i really miss him sometimes and it still bums me out that i can't actually remember the last time we spoke.

• Locked thread