Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Staring at my computer screen and watching my Ishtar's drones do all of the work is the basis for why I think Eve-Online is a good game. I shouldn't play video games anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadgettrader
Jun 16, 2010
Hail The Imperium, the home of fun and tears.

This is a better game than H1Z1 - which is quite remarkable considering DBRB plays it too.

My Eve name is Kim Hedges and my H1Z1 name is similar.

I do wish The Imperium could inhabit another game in Steam, because H1Z1 is annoying, but I will continue to play only until Mittens says we can stop.

gadgettrader fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 7, 2015

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.
If you enjoy your games treating you like a battered housewife then you should play eve online, the number 1 Stockholm Sydrome simulator.

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
This game costs less per month than world of warcraft (the only game slightly worse than eve) and you get a rare opportunity to occasionally chance upon an endiepost of quality at least as good or surpassing the OP.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

TrickNixon posted:

it seems that we're already doing the sorts of things CCP wants alliances to do to hold onto their space: living in it and using it instead of just planting a flag and only showing up if someone pisses on it.
And we're pretty much the only ones to do so. Everyone else is going to be utterly hosed.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

All hail the Imperium.

Theta Squad Best Squad

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Bonfire Lit posted:

And we're pretty much the only ones to do so. Everyone else is going to be utterly hosed.

Yep, and we're just the dicks to gently caress'em.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't do it.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Join Space Violence and try to kill everything that comes through the PF- gate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

orange juche posted:

Luigi come play in wormholes with hole squad please, we've got the vast majority of old USTZ SV in there, it's like good old times in syndicate.

Well CCP does keep bombarding me with 14-day resub offers...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No mention of GROON?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

loving KARMA? and no GROON.

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Make your own thread!

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

EVE is sometimes fun, so you should play.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Let me know when Groon is relevant to anything.

Syndicate is a horrible place to live. It's like that sister that moves out of the house early, ends up at a crackhouse, and just crashes on the couch there, doing nothing except smoking rocks.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

GROON is still more relevevant to SA than KARMA

Vhaine
Jan 31, 2013
Join the game that won PC Gamer Sweden's Best Online RPG of 2003. Kill bads, fly it like you stole it, live the dream as a praetorian demi-god.

Get in.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

goninzo posted:

Let me know when Groon is relevant to anything.

Syndicate is a horrible place to live. It's like that sister that moves out of the house early, ends up at a crackhouse, and just crashes on the couch there, doing nothing except smoking rocks.

Space Violence seems to be doing fine in Syndicate, during the EUTZ at least.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GROON owns. I love you GROON

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Helpimscared posted:

Space Violence seems to be doing fine in Syndicate, during the EUTZ at least.

Syndicate seems to be slowly coming back to life. Need more USTZ goons to join though.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Helpimscared posted:

EVE is sometimes fun, so you should play.

Come to think of it, compared to lots of games that lots of people play, that's a worryingly solid argument…

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
My ship went down in flames because I was too busy typing "I am gay" in Local chat, and I got paid for it.

:getin:

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
Groon is the chill "we don't give a gently caress about space drama" group of dudes who just want to hang out in syndicate and continue beating a dead horse.

EDIT: You can shoot fcon in groon. gently caress FCON.

bongsnake fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 7, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Although Eve-Online is kinda bad, it's the only good sandbox MMO.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

RhoA posted:

Syndicate seems to be slowly coming back to life. Need more USTZ goons to join though.

Joint SV/Groon ops have gone well in the past week.

https://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=28754447
https://beta.eve-kill.net/br/2323/

Come to Syndicate! Explode spaceships! Shoot FCON like you've always dreamed! (Only if you're in Groon)

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Or be in Goonwaffe and only fly with GROON.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How long until we get a J4G in here?

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

I said come in! posted:

We all know the J4G will start his own thread. Because he really likes eve.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Or be in Goonwaffe and only fly with GROON.

Gregor Lachlan, true Groon hero. His light burned too bright for Eve Vegas. :spergin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duWj5BLb-u8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkzv-3vJn4w

This needs to be in the OP for the Groon entry.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 7, 2015

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
BTW, if you are interested what Eve looks like when you're actually fighting, here are a bunch of videos from European Goonion, the most likely to go Elitiest Ops of any Imperium group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?Thyger340?videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eP8p5XzjfM is his summary video for this year.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

I said come in! posted:

Before the weekend is over.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

Does one still need to be in some alt corp to play with hole squad?
Yes. We have to drop all kinds of POS, manage roles, and have directors to do this. It's not something you can do in Goonwaffe.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Daler Mehndi posted:

My ship went down in flames because I was too busy typing "I am gay" in Local chat, and I got paid for it.

:getin:

This is the essential Goonwaffe experience.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lord_Ferritos posted:

All hail the Imperium.

Theta Squad Best Squad

Theta squad is the best thing about eve

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

RhoA posted:

Some day soon we might see schadenfreud, koshka and tuxedo catfish all logged into eve at the same time. I think something magical is going to happen if/when that happens.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

objectively bad posted:

Some day soon we might see schadenfreud, koshka and tuxedo catfish all logged into eve at the same time. I think something magical is going to happen if/when that happens.

Well, we have Schadenfreud, Koshka Narkotikov, and Tuxedo Catfish all in Hole Squad, so if you remember them come hang with Hole Squad, because we're on that real poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q_nZNZkp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMu42uUbWYg

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 7, 2015

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bilirubin posted:

Groon snub detected :colbert:

I was waiting for someone to PM me some detail and I'll stick it in there like last time.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr05580n35
Mar 24, 2015
Join goonswarm and be be reviled by the small minded masses who are unwilling to accept that they are total poo poo at the game.

• Locked thread