Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
IMO, this graph is no longer perfectly accurate:

:ccp: have taken some measures to make the tutorial and newb experience easier and there are several player groups dedicated to showing you the ropes, including our own Karmafleet (for non-goon newbs from Reddit). Having said that, imagine how difficult it would be to fly an interstellar spacecraft anyway, let alone command a fleet of them, or manage a ten thousand person alliance of pilots, station operators, logistics teams, and guys telling you "WARP WARP WARP!!!... Sorry. If you warped, you're dead."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

There is a non zero chance that somebody has or is jerking it to this picture. :suicide:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

This is actually the graphic that made me start playing EVE.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Join groon, we don't have people making anime versions of our mascot! (Don't you loving do it aloe)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

If we can ban Jokine for negreps, surely we can ban everyone who plusrepped that picture.

BRB registering Loliswarm [POMF] and applying to GSF, mittani please to be accepting application

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
On a lark, I had a turkey and avocado (guacamole) sandwich recently, and it was magical.

xttzsov-talk
Could you improve others' defensive timers by ratting in their space while on deployment?
The only thing I wish they changed about the vulnerability windows would be to make them slightly variable. I.e. It's your middle-time +- your windows +- some small random factor.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Elmnt80 posted:

Join groon, we don't have people making anime versions of our mascot! (Don't you loving do it aloe)

Don't worry, aloe knows better.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Otacon posted:

I used to think the bulldozer at the top represented titans wiping fleet members off the field. Now I'm pretty sure the bodies falling to their doom are titan pilots being blown out of their space coffins. 420, fly interceptors every day forever.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Well, uh. It is an anime loli but at least it's fully clothed? The people who make those eve ship girls that keep getting posted to reddit do far worse.

Kiryen posted:

I've had that done for ages.
ah I read 4 years old as you hadn't played since 4 years ago

Is it a message from the new opportunities system? You can turn all that stuff off by opening the opportunities map from the neocom, clicking the gear icon, and checking all the options to suppress.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Klyith posted:

Every single fleet comp in modern GSF history has been designed for use by people who are either profoundly drunk or profoundly retarded. That covers most of our bases. The times that we try to do things with more than 3 active modules, or god forbid proactive cap management, it's a disaster.

What? That was GSF 2010.

Both of our primary doctrines now carry multiple modules in the hold (and require them to be in the hold to qualify for reimbursement), and you are expected to switch out modules from the nearby triage carrier or Nestor on command. Hell, we actually trust goons with smartbomb ships in mainfleet these days.

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

Except, please don't do that -- the rest of us are doing the uncomfortable war grinding one month a year so that we can lounge in luxury 11 months a year. Pull your weight.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Posting to check regdate.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

ullerrm posted:

If we can ban Jokine for negreps, surely we can ban everyone who plusrepped that picture.

BRB registering Loliswarm [POMF] and applying to GSF, mittani please to be accepting application

I plusrepped it thinking it was someone's masterful troll before I saw that it was DOKDO and thus actually sincere :cripes:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Klyith posted:

ah I read 4 years old as you hadn't played since 4 years ago

Is it a message from the new opportunities system? You can turn all that stuff off by opening the opportunities map from the neocom, clicking the gear icon, and checking all the options to suppress.

No, I've been active or semi-active all 4 years. Doesn't seem to be related to opportunities; I turned all that poo poo off as soon as it went active.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

This is hilarious for a number of reasons.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

ullerrm posted:

Except, please don't do that -- the rest of us are doing the uncomfortable war grinding one month a year so that we can lounge in luxury 11 months a year. Pull your weight.
To be fair, even the most :shobon: newbie in Goonwaffe can pull their weight--whether great and cheeto-stained, or small and svelte--in a variety of fun and useful ways.

• Join Miniluv, and blow up enemy freighters in high-sec, denying them valuable supplies
  • Join Reavers, and destroy enemy structures deep in the enemy heartland, making them shuttle back and forth across the galaxy
  • Join gs_scouts, and be the eyes of our noble fleet commanders
  • Be a :shobon: and take a tackle frigate as part of main fleet, ask lots of questions, and be showered in spacebux because you're so adorable that you forgot to bring ammo.
  • Be a spy (one among hundreds, to be sure) and giggle as you pass chatlogs, EVEmail, and audio recordings of our enemies' drivel to your ~space spymaster~

Basically, if you're on the fence about this game because it's Really Hard and takes Lots of Time, don't stay on the fence: jump on in. This game can be really fun, whether you're a casual or a poopsocker.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

ullerrm posted:

I'm expecting a corp bio along the lines of your masterpiece Catalyst fanfic, but with more me wanting to kill myself.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Otacon posted:

same here haha

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Nietzschean posted:

dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

yes

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
That is the image that was thrust in front of me a short time after I had began playing. oh, so many years ago. I think my reaction was "needs more crucified pubbies".

(Lies,; I was a pubbie then.)

Eventually I decided to hang with goons, the next day bob was melted and we got are arses to delve.
good times.

I got a mail from ccp saying they were less shite,
should I join up again?
will probably put my lovely pubby main into groon.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

What? That was GSF 2010.

Both of our primary doctrines now carry multiple modules in the hold (and require them to be in the hold to qualify for reimbursement), and you are expected to switch out modules from the nearby triage carrier or Nestor on command. Hell, we actually trust goons with smartbomb ships in mainfleet these days.

Last fleet I was on a few weeks ago we :commissar: a DOKDO dude for smartbombing everyone. And almost did it to two more people who kept doing it.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
Join Groon if you're USTZ, Space Violence if you're EUTZ, both if you're unemployed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh :cripes:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Maneck posted:

Guacamole is greatly under used as a condiment, probably because of its relatively short shelf life. Try it on a club sandwich with toasted bread. Amazing.

Egg or tuna sandwich with guac.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Pull your weight.

You're asking that of a goon? Kinda mean taunting him like that.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Maneck posted:

You're asking that of a goon? Kinda mean taunting him like that.

Come on guys, fat shaming was so last thread.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

HappyKitty posted:

I plusrepped it thinking it was someone's masterful troll before I saw that it was DOKDO and thus actually sincere :cripes:

You were right the first time. It's a masterclass.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

So I suddenly went to -500 rep. Is that something someone had to bribe a moderator to do or is it random?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

There was a ping. Everyones rep was randomized. Mine is -6k

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

darth cookie posted:

So I suddenly went to -500 rep. Is that something someone had to bribe a moderator to do or is it random?

Rep was randomized -10000/10000 because KarmaFleet spergs got all upset about Frabba carpetbomb neg repping them.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I still have a Naglfar in 4-E. How hosed am I?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
+8800 rep now i am king

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ynglaur posted:

To be fair, even the most :shobon: newbie in Goonwaffe can pull their weight--whether great and cheeto-stained, or small and svelte--in a variety of fun and useful ways.

• Join Miniluv, and blow up enemy freighters in high-sec, denying them valuable supplies
  • Join Reavers, and destroy enemy structures deep in the enemy heartland, making them shuttle back and forth across the galaxy
  • Join gs_scouts, and be the eyes of our noble fleet commanders
  • Be a :shobon: and take a tackle frigate as part of main fleet, ask lots of questions, and be showered in spacebux because you're so adorable that you forgot to bring ammo.
  • Be a spy (one among hundreds, to be sure) and giggle as you pass chatlogs, EVEmail, and audio recordings of our enemies' drivel to your ~space spymaster~

Basically, if you're on the fence about this game because it's Really Hard and takes Lots of Time, don't stay on the fence: jump on in. This game can be really fun, whether you're a casual or a poopsocker.

Alternatively, preemptively win EVE and read about antics and drama in this thread rather than sift through the interface for Sociopaths Online.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

darth cookie posted:

Some people in Karmafleet got bitchy about their rep, and Frabba retaliated by running a script to set everyone's rep to a random number in the [-10K, 10K] range. Mittens is at something like -9k, which is pretty n1. I'm at -3k myself. :smithfrog:

e: f,b

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Recoome posted:

+8800 rep now i am king

Newbies will think you're a masterful poster, and will fawn over your every image macro (until deadtear r/o's you).

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
It should have been +/- 1,000,000

Maneck posted:

You were right the first time. It's a masterclass.

Convincing everyone else you're loving retarded is not trolling.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's pretty funny but I am disappointed that it didn't happen to me because I pissed off some nerd who went and bugged a mod about it. That would have been more satisfying. :saddowns:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
What the hell is rep? And why does one care about it? Is it elite PVP killboard of good posting?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dr. Pangloss posted:

What the hell is rep? And why does one care about it? Is it elite PVP killboard of good posting?

it's reddit karma but funnier when people care about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I used to have rep for being a goodposter. Now it says I'm qualified to join AMOK.

• Locked thread