Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
That 18-hour vulnerability window for a system without indices is pretty huge. I realize they want completely unused systems to be contestable whenever, but that also affects a freshly-claimed system, meaning that you have to actively defend it all day every day until the indices go up. How quickly can you max out mil index with a half a dozen people ratting in a system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

Voyager I posted:

I still have a Naglfar in 4-E. How hosed am I?

Be online Saturday. You'll be alright.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it's reddit karma but funnier when people care about it

Ha! Just found mine, 124. I'm disappointed, a hugely negative point total sounds more fun. I'll just have to earn my -3,000 by continuing to post as I have up to this point.

EDIT: Anyone have a link to Karmafleet bitching?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

ullerrm posted:

I'm at -3k myself. :smithfrog:

-6446, which is honestly more accurate given the fact that I mostly only.seriouspost. But it's also a palindrome, so Noah Johansen can get hosed.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

mikey posted:

That 18-hour vulnerability window for a system without indices is pretty huge. I realize they want completely unused systems to be contestable whenever, but that also affects a freshly-claimed system, meaning that you have to actively defend it all day every day until the indices go up. How quickly can you max out mil index with a half a dozen people ratting in a system?

Depends, Ishtars, carriers or vindicators?

im fat
Feb 28, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

Aww yeahhhhhh

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Voyager I posted:

There's one final round of move ops saturday, apparently. After that you're probably hosed.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

vyst posted:

Rep was randomized -10000/10000 because KarmaFleet spergs got all upset about Frabba carpetbomb neg repping them.

all that rep... gone :(

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Nietzschean posted:

I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or proud as a member of DOKDO for creating this...

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

mikey posted:

Ratting paps not far away.
But you also have to defend this ratters. If system will be contested, enemy roamers will try to kill your ratters.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

Please make this Vysts new avatar.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Thurin posted:

Join Groon if you're USTZ, Space Violence if you're EUTZ, both if you're unemployed.

Cheers, I'll try to find space violence then.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Daily reminder that GROON and ISRAD are still recruiting. There is more than one goonfish in the gay spaceship sea!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Viva Miriya posted:

Daily reminder that GROON and ISRAD are still recruiting. There is more than one goonfish in the gay spaceship sea!

Pretty sure anyone who can get into ISRAD already knows of it's existence.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Viva Miriya posted:

Pretty sure that ISRAD is just to troll people with. The alternative is them being really dumb.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pretty sure anyone who can get into ISRAD already knows of it's existence.

Obviously not as evidenced by the lack of mention in a EVE megathread!

Also lol at this quote being in the the OP.

quote:

It never troubles the wolf that there are many sheep – Virgil

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

-6446, which is honestly more accurate given the fact that I mostly only.seriouspost. But it's also a palindrome, so Noah Johansen can get hosed.

You're such a nerd dude.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

mikey posted:

Maxing might take a bit but you can go from 0 to 2 pretty fast. The way the multipliers stack up just getting a couple levels will cut the vulnerability time down to 6 hours which is roughly "your timezone". Looking around the map there's a system in the drones that Solar have owned for 3 days with mil 2 / ind 1 already.

But the other thing is, with fozziesov ping-ponging system control a couple times might just be an expected thing. Don't even bother ratting or mining for indexes until you have enough control that the system is gonna tick up to strat 1 on it's own. If the enemy takes it back, well you get an 18 hour window to chose from yourself! In the meantime any stations are freeported half the time and everything is a living hell for the guys trying to live there. Chaos reigns. :kheldragar:

It sounds pretty good to me. Right now wars are super boring, you have some big fights for a structure until one side realizes their all hands CTA can't beat the other guy's all hands CTA, then they quit and the whole map flips. Fozziesov feels like it will have some of the good parts of POS sov (timezone shenanigans, ping-pong, uncertainty over who was winning) without the bad parts (POS grind, GSOL guys slitting their wrists after onlining modules for 8 hours).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

But I don't want to be in a corporation with a DOT in it's name.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Thinking of coming back after having not played for ~4 years. Is there some sort of API-based tool that will let me browse everything about my character (assets, skills, etc.) before I reactivate?

Edit: That is OSX. I remember Evemon being Windows only.

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006

tirinal posted:

Thinking of coming back after having not played for ~4 years. Is there some sort of API-based tool that will let me browse everything about my character (assets, skills, etc.) before I reactivate?

Edit: That is OSX. I remember Evemon being Windows only.
Evething is browser based. If you were in goonfleet before you might be able to use the goonfleet-run version at https://evething.goonfleet.com

NonNCO
Feb 22, 2015

Elmnt80 posted:

Join groon, we don't have people making anime versions of our mascot! (Don't you loving do it aloe)

Please never change this.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Klyith posted:

Maxing might take a bit but you can go from 0 to 2 pretty fast. The way the multipliers stack up just getting a couple levels will cut the vulnerability time down to 6 hours which is roughly "your timezone". Looking around the map there's a system in the drones that Solar have owned for 3 days with mil 2 / ind 1 already.
Did they already alter the way industrial index is calculated, or is that planned? It's not mentioned in that devblog at all.

No doubt this whole system is a massive improvement over both Dominion and POS sov, but with an 18-hour initial window, the ping-pong is going to be insane, especially since a major alliance can flip any number of zero-index systems in an uncontested timezone. As a war drags on, the number of unholdable systems will snowball until one side gives up-- sort of like every other sov system, but death by a thousand cuts freeports instead of by one giant fleet welp.

Contrary to the initial fixed window, this makes multi-TZ presence basically a requirement if you actually want to keep any gains (or secure a non-freeport staging system) against an enemy who's still fighting.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

CainFortea posted:

Last fleet I was on a few weeks ago we :commissar: a DOKDO dude for smartbombing everyone. And almost did it to two more people who kept doing it.

that domi killed my drones. oh my poor little drones rest in pieces

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Voyager I posted:

not at all. fire up jabber and read the pings.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

we;lp

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
Eat your heart out elmnt.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

Gindack
Jan 30, 2010

Not empty quoting.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

groon's new alliance logo?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

I just grooned everywhere

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

The colored pencils really make this.

Regarding Rep:
Soon to be recruited by Am0k.

Chillingly accurate.

Regarding EVE:

Play EVE. Try everything, Groon included. Be sure to be inconsistent and slightly useless everywhere, and also a spy for FIX (or I guess Black-Mark or IRC, if you want a more modern dead alliance) to be sure to never get promoted.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

never not empty quote

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Ban everyone who quoted that.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

goodness posted:

Ban everyone who quoted that.

As soon as you get done playing Russian roulette with a shotgun!

SpiderX
Sep 5, 2013

Let's start a gimmick that isn't shit, how about dogges? :woof:

~Not SMcD
It literally took me seconds to figure out there was a new thread.

The old OP was useless though so it makes sense.

I've been away, what's with the change in name? Did people finally get fed up of having people look at them as if they had autism when explaining what 'CFC' meant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrickNixon
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, watch me pull the abuse of executive power out of my hat!

SpiderX posted:

I've been away, what's with the change in name? Did people finally get fed up of having people look at them as if they had autism when explaining what 'CFC' meant?

Best explanation I can give you: https://www.themittani.com/news/gsf-ceo-update-imperial-march

TL;DR: We outgrew the name.

• Locked thread