Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hi! My name is CainFortea and I'd like to take a moment in this thread made by Good Poster Endie to tell you about when I joined Goonswarm.

I joined back in 2006, when it was just Goonfleet. Since then I've noticed that my hair is thicker, I got a promotion at work, and I'm more able to satisfy my partner. You may think this isn't a game for you, but you would be surprised at how easy it is to try it out!

Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

darth cookie posted:

Not really since it hasn't actually been implemented yet and we don't know how it's going to play out. Nobody is really sure if it's going to revitalize the space-game of thrones or if its going to be some hilariously bad whack-a-mole type situation.

Safe bet will be option two. Which is good for us, politically. Until and unless CCP starts increasing Nullsec income or decreasing the higher highsec incomes, there's still no reason to live in 90% of the space that we don't own.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They don't do Sov. How are they hosed?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Man, Fozzie is really reaching some Grayscale levels of cognizant dissonance.

"This goal would be broken if certain types of forces could somehow just ignore enemies (for instance, through overwhelming remote repair or through evasion)"

followed immediately with...

"The Entosis Link itself should have the minimum possible effect on what ships and tactics players can choose."

How someone can claim both those goals and not see how they're not compatible with each other I don't know. It's like that "7 red lines" video about demands on engineers.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

"minimum possible" does not mean "none". There have to be restrictions in place to ensure fun gameplay. What fozzie was getting at is that he doesn't want to put arbitrary restrictions in so that underused ship classes come back into vogue.

That's not the way it seemed from context of his blog. He claims to not want to fiddle with the meta. But when most of the smaller group fleet meta involves flying poo poo that can't be caught if even halfway aware of your surroundings, that doesn't really mesh well with the rest of his points.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

~doublepost~

No he absolutely wants to fiddle with the meta, in that he doesn't want to make sov warfare consist exclusively of shotgunning uncatchable interceptors across the universe, and he also wants to break down the apex force problem which has been making eve progressively more unfun every year. Discouraging bad, unfun gameplay from the meta is what he wants to do. Artificially creating a meta is what he wants to avoid.

How exactly is making trollceptors not work not artificially effecting meta? It's the same thing as making he module only fit on certain classes of ships. Or just adding role penalties to making it not fit on ships. As far as "artificially creating meta" they're the same.

The impression I get from every one of his blog posts seems that he really does want the hit and run gameplay. He thinks that entosis ~wulfpax~ are what is going to generate the most content.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dude, we'll ALWAYS end up back. Just leave your poo poo there unless you're really space broke.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

What? That was GSF 2010.

Both of our primary doctrines now carry multiple modules in the hold (and require them to be in the hold to qualify for reimbursement), and you are expected to switch out modules from the nearby triage carrier or Nestor on command. Hell, we actually trust goons with smartbomb ships in mainfleet these days.

Last fleet I was on a few weeks ago we :commissar: a DOKDO dude for smartbombing everyone. And almost did it to two more people who kept doing it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

But I don't want to be in a corporation with a DOT in it's name.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I thought SV were like Vietnam vets. Or is that blackops? I can't keep track of this poo poo anymore.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Without the wrecking ball though how much punch does PL really have? They took their good fleet fighting stuff out behind the shed and shot it in the head with a shotgun years ago and replaced it with super superiority.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

but I'd love to go stomp around MOA areas again. That's always good for a laugh.

If you want to stomp on MOA join theta and wait for the pings.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

8 posts on this page alone. I don't think even BL is as excited about those titans dying as you are.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Should really be a Geocities email.

Since TMC looks like it is stuck in the era of geocities....

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

The logic that goes on during diplomatic incidents is the best. I've never seen it go any way but badly for the person trying to be an asshat, but yet they continue to try.

I dunno. Back when Sam Handwhich was around it was pretty easy to shoot blues. He was so stoned all the time that you could claim he okayed something if poo poo hit the fan and everyone pretty much went "don't do that again".

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Demiurge4 posted:

Read Eisenhorn, either way don't come back.

FTFY

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Ego Trip posted:

Didn't Theta kind of do that already?

Yes, but not everyone does it. Nor do some people care enough. They go long enough between losses to just eat them and keep replacing them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HappyKitty posted:

I'm in Theta, and it is a pretty loving embarrassing thing to have to try to explain to an outsider and not sound like a neo-nazi.

"So we chose JU-OWQ as our home system because, uh, well, our group is all about making money, and the name kinda sounds like Jew... and, well... I mean, you know... Jews, and, uh... money..." :shepicide:

Except that isn't true. People hung out in JU- because GSOL put a bunch of poo poo there for geographical reasons. The big money makers in Theta don't rat, and aren't anywhere near JU-.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Maneck posted:

You've been fortunate. It remains embarrassingly prevalent. Also, do you know what the GSF financial cabal is named?

I don't hear it very often during US prime. It's the EU prime where it's more common i've noticed. I still wouldn't call it common though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Like, I acknowledge that it'd be hard to purge it from everyday usage. To discourage it would basically just require renaming any alliance/coalition groups or assets, and maybe telling the wiki people to edit it out when they see it.

Ugh I already feel like a dirty crusader, but I'm really amazed that people are jumping in here to deny that this pattern doesn't exist.

Yes, how dare we answer your question with our personal observations.

The loving gall.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Observations aren't worth poo poo when they come from someone who sucks at observing.

I guess we must all have our windmills. v0v.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Naw, I'm not salty about being called on it. I was really honestly just asking. I got salty when people tried to claim that I was imagining things.

The only person i've seen who claims you are imagining things is you claiming that people are claiming you are imagining things.

quote:

n
ah the mass penalty with 1mn MWD activated is 500,000kg, while mass penalty for entosis link is just half of that...... I don't think it is enough to make trollceptor catchable

I'm not sure how fast you could be orbiting a thing within entosis range while MWDing with the module activated. I just orbited a thing in game in a travelfit ceptor with MWD on at 20km and my speed was only about 100m/s slower than full speed straight ahead. So even if you add half again the mass I think you're right.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fix Lag posted:

Unless there are significant changes to the economics regarding income and player density in sovereign nullsec coming wulith Fozziesov, it'll be another stick with no carrot like jump fatigue and Phoebe. You can't make a system require an average population of, say, 30 people for a good portion of the day without adding income streams to support them.

Well, don't you worry. They have promised, pinkie swore, that they're going to take a look at nulsec income and Do Something.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Otacon posted:

I feel bad for any of the J4Gs who try to join 9 months from now having to read through the first 20 pages with a growling stomach and no food in the fridge at 3am, trying to figure out the secret to goons.

J4Gs don't read the thread silly

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

various cheeses posted:

Why would someone boil a meat?

Because they are English and they think that any flavor besides "a light salting" is living on the wild side.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

So this T3 is only capable of trolling sov in systems with

* no defenders
* no occupants
* low indexes

I think you missed the point of trolling. The point is to make the defender respond.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Without boiling, how do you get stock?

I have a pork shoulder simmering in a pot of beans and adobo right now, too.

You boil bones.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I think it might be a good thing that I don't remember this guy.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

You think incredibly wrong. Gargant was the towering 7-foot-plus viking guy who ran CCP's e-sports things (Alliance Tournament, Worlds Collide, etc) for the last two years. CCP Wooden Tankard. Extremely pleasant, and reasonably competent, man.

Oh, that giant dude. I still say it's a good thing I didn't remember his name though, since I tend to remember the horrible CCP employees. And if I don't remember their name, then they're probably good folk.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

I thought New Orleans was a post apocalyptic wasteland roamed by stoners and poor people. How are they serving food?

They had popcorn in A Boy and his Dog. You can have some finery in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

So we're losing the first Titan to a yurt with a doomsday on it right?

In case this got missed....

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Plus, in New Orleans (and some of the other southern states) you can get alligator meat along with your seafood dishes. :yum:

I get alligator meat in Oregon. I get it in Mac n Cheese.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Maybe he doesn't like BBQ because he eats Pallets? Or he used pallet wood to BBQ it?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well yeah you have to have it shipped to you though.

Still tasty. I've been to New Orleans. I wasn't particularly impressed with the food. Though that was like 20 years ago.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Or it's to make logi pilots want to shoot themselves because all they see is

X needs shields
X needs capacitor
Y needs shields
Z needs shields
Z needs armor
A needs shields
Z needs shields
X needs shields
X needs shields

for who knows how long

FTFY

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fox_bat posted:

It can't be worse than after every bomb run, right after the FC says "Don't broadcast for bomb damage". If you can't handle prioritizing big lists quickly in the heat of battle you don't fly logistics.

Bitching about something being annoying is exactly the same thing as not being able to deal with said annoyance. :rolleyes:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mikey posted:

That... actually sounds pretty cool? Targeted AoE might be a bit much, but as long as it isn't bomb-level powerful, and has an explosion velocity as well as radius, it should be alright.

I'm not sure why they're so keen on automatic destruction via entosis for every structure, though. If these are the eventual replacement for stations, why not make it available for capture at the end of the reinforcement process, but also vulnerable to conventional destruction if you just want to kick over some sandcastles?

They may be thinking of using it as a means of slowing inflation of the economy.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PathAsc posted:

That didn't take long.

Crap. That game looks kinda interesting.

Edit: sandbox game company hires a developer famous at his previous job for telling players they are sandboxing wrong.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 13, 2015

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He also felt that logistics were too easy. He felt that people should do hauler convoys for their alliance's space.

If you go back and read all of his blogs one gets the impression that he felt the best way to have sandboxes content was to make living in null impossible, and null entities just fight out there while living in lowsec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Has that thread been linked on reddit yet? All I see are goon responses.

• Locked thread