Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Keurig posted:

“We heard loud and clear from consumers,” said Brian Kelley, “who really wanted the ‘My K Cup’ back. We want consumers to be able to bring any brand and bringing the my cup back allows that.

“My K-cup was a terrific addition for the consumer. It wasn’t used a lot, but for the consumer it was a nice element to have if they were given coffee as a gift….We took it away because ‘My K cup” wasn’t going to work with our new system.

“Quite honestly, we were wrong. We underestimated the passion the consumer had for this. We missed it. We shouldn’t have taken it away. We’re bringing it back.”

Are you grateful you loving assholes, Keurig was only trying to provide you the finest in coffee technology for your own protection and safety.

quote:

Keurig’s explanation was a model of what not to tell angry consumers. The company said the change was for the consumer’s own good.

“The My K-Cup accessory and other reusable filters are not compatible with Keurig 2.0 Brewing Technology,” the company explained on Facebook, “because the brewer has no way of determining what beverage is being used or how much coffee is being added, and therefore cannot adjust to factors such as brew strength and amount of water, which could represent a safety concern…”

No?

quote:

“My sister bought a new Keurig and did not know it only takes Keurig K-cups until her third call to Keurig. Now my brother-in-law cannot use the coffee I got him for Christmas. I bought him Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee which you do not carry. And I have the original Keurig but when it dies, I will never buy another Keurig product. This borders on the unethical forcing people to buy only the K-cups you make. And you owe me $50 for the coffee!”

Look at this ungrateful bitch trying to force substandard coffee on her brother in law, grow up and let him enjoy the finest in coffee technology that he deserves for putting up with your bad attitude and coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
what?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i have no idea what any of this means i just want lovely coffee quickly

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

i have no idea what any of this means i just want lovely coffee quickly

it's literally DRM for coffee

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just make the loving coffee already

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i have a coffemate coffe maker i think, i dont really remember

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
What the OP is talking about is you used to be able to grind your own coffee to put in your lovely Keurig machine you lazy rear end in a top hat who can't even take 2 minutes to make french press and now you can't, boo hoo, kill yourself if you have a Keurig

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
I love my Keurig

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
lol at the people who can't make coffee using a regular rear end drip coffee maker

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Keurig introduced the latest in coffee technology earlier this year Keurig 2.0, as a favor to you the consumer they made it only accept the latest in Keurig coffee technology Keurig 2.0 instead of the reusable plastic pods that you put your substandard coffee into their fine brewing machines.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm glad when idiots get taken for a ride. I'm honestly surprised they noticed.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Introducing Keurig Now©, just launch the app post a gay thread

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
K cup always sounds like the name of a menstrual product.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the customer can't be trusted to place coffee in a pod. they could put anything in there. what if someone laced it with cyanide? then you'd have cyanide in your pod and you'd die. but keurig 2.0 would have saved your life.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

a 3o post by any other nick would be as keurig condo

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
My mom got me a new Hamilton Beach coffee maker for Christmas. It does one cup at a time since and I can use whatever coffee I want since it uses a metal filter. gently caress Keurig and gently caress 3O.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

the customer can't be trusted to place coffee in a pod. they could put anything in there. what if someone laced it with cyanide? then you'd have cyanide in your pod and you'd die. but keurig 2.0 would have saved your life.

Very good point, Keurig K-Kups 2.0 ensure a fine coffee experience that won't kill you, you think people would be grateful but no. Enjoy your cyanide laced coffee idiots.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
could this be any more 'suburban white person problems' or what

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
my god not another TO keurig rant

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

best part of the matrix

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Keurig is apple products for even more pretentious people

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They'll start pushing 19.9 dollars firmware updates and idiots will eat that poo poo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The real trick is to design a coffee delivery system which makes it impossible to even use non-producer coffee. A good example would be lavaza a modo mia pods which rely on the machine permanantly destroying the pod to function.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Snorting lines of coke is easier

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
ah yes the coffee DRM that can be defeated by placing a correctly colored sticker over the sensor

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The my k cup sucked. It purposefully made your coffee watered down and lovely tasting so you'd use the k cups

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I can't believe the amount of RAM in the Keurig 2.0.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

thanks for the gif where nothing goes hilariously wrong.

jerk.

nah it was pretty ok

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

TO should be ground into lovely coffee and put in to coffee pods for the rest of the Keurig-owning dumb fucks to drink

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zelder posted:

I can't believe the amount of RAM in the Keurig 2.0.

it's the wrong type of RAM though

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Lol if you drink coffee.

I drink 2 24oz monsters by noon and have had zero heart attacks thus far

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I have owned a Bunn restaurant grade coffee pot for like 8 years now. I have fresh hot coffee in like 1 minute. Your move Keurig. ( Also, its the best $100 i have ever spent in my life )

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Stefan Prodan posted:

What the OP is talking about is you used to be able to grind your own coffee to put in your lovely Keurig machine you lazy rear end in a top hat who can't even take 2 minutes to make french press and now you can't, boo hoo, kill yourself if you have a Keurig

seriously

electric teakettle + french press, there's your one-button all-electric countertop coffeemaker

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

jhorphear posted:

I have owned a Bunn restaurant grade coffee pot for like 8 years now. I have fresh hot coffee in like 1 minute. Your move Keurig. ( Also, its the best $100 i have ever spent in my life )

But you have to put three things in it instead of two.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Lol if you don't get awesome free coffee at work.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

What is our obsession with sticking small quantities of things in little individual packages. Do we like having texas-sized islands of floating plastic in our oceans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

OMGVBFLOL posted:

seriously

electric teakettle + french press, there's your one-button all-electric countertop coffeemaker

a french press is loving disgusting. an aeropress is superior

• Locked thread