Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you do this to yourself? Are you masochistic or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
doges are cute :3

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
unconditional love.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
many people, including myself, like animals and enjoy caring for them

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
you ever feel the rush of seeing a cat sleeping on a couch, in a little snuggled ball, and the overwhelming urge to just bury your face in it while you wrap your arms around it lovingly?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Cats are worthless butts, but they're cute worthless butts.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
secret emergency meat source

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

doges are cute :3

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Without my dogs I would have no IRL friends

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
no human's greatest pride about your biggest achievement in life, will ever meet the excitement a dog has every single time you come home.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's a good, non-autistic way to teach about loss to your kids, op

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why would you do this to yourself? Are you masochistic or what?

even worse: willingly having kids

at least pets don't cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

diabeetz posted:

you ever feel the rush of seeing a cat sleeping on a couch, in a little snuggled ball, and the overwhelming urge to just bury your face in it while you wrap your arms around it lovingly?

Don't get me wrong I like animals and even hugging them, it's just that owning them is a completely different beast.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
you have to pay for security guards and cameras, but you don't have to pay your dog.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Big Scary Owl posted:

Don't get me wrong I like animals and even hugging them, it's just that owning them is a completely different beast.

if you go to your friends' homes and do this to their pets, you're a loving loonie.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
It's so I can fulfill a nurturing instinct without having to commit to a lifetime of a child that would probably have downs if I planted my seed.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Joeycat loves me and I love him.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

diabeetz posted:

if you go to your friends' homes and do this to their pets, you're a loving loonie.

I never said I did.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?

diabeetz posted:

you have to pay for security guards and cameras, but you don't have to pay your dog.

Without my dog I never would have spotted a baby groundhog lurking in my yard today and I'd have had to settle for a breakfast-squirrel

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
when the world ends your pet delays the time before you have to go out in the world and scavenge for food op

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I can't even count how many golden retrievers I've lost because I forgot to pick up a turkey for thanksgiving

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

diabeetz posted:

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Big Scary Owl posted:

I never said I did.

don't hug animals that aren't yours. consent is only given through ownership, much like relationships and marriage.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

that is a prime dog, 3O

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
To give a domesticated animal that would otherwise be homeless a warm place to live maybe?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Because they love cleaning up poo poo

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

diabeetz posted:

don't hug animals that aren't yours. consent is only given through ownership, much like relationships and marriage.

What about animals that don't have owners?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I'll ever get over the "look it's a bunny!" Part of owning a bunny

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Because they love cleaning up poo poo

again, having kids is worse because they take longer to house train

cats poop in a box right away. don't gotta teach em poo poo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

A misanthrope posted:

I read that there is feces on everything in public places because kids are literally covered in their own poo poo.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Volume posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over the "look it's a bunny!" Part of owning a bunny

this is the only part of owning a bunny.

until "look it's a bunny's corpse!"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
childs are hot fuckin garbage

dog, cat, snake, bird, bunny, frog, gp (ginzo piggy), tiny horse, all better than childs

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kuato posted:

I read that there is feces on everything in public places because kids are literally covered in their own poo poo.

kids:

- covered in own poo poo

- cost hundreds of thousands of dollars

- loud

- take away your freedom

- just another carbon footprint destroying mother gaia

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

A misanthrope posted:

you know you're supposed to clean the litter box, right?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Like, if you have a house with a backyard that you never use, then at least you don't have to deal with the poop because the cat or dog will poop in the yard. But if you live in an apartment, buying a pet is making a commitment to have to clean up poo poo at least once a day every day for years.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

diabeetz posted:

this is the only part of owning a bunny.

until "look it's a bunny's corpse!"

:(

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Gatekeeper posted:

childs are hot fuckin garbage

dog, cat, snake, bird, bunny, frog, gp (ginzo piggy), tiny horse, all better than childs

You forgot fish. Fish are great pets you can ignore them entirely for a week or then do a water change. I mean you need to feed them but you can just drop a large chunk of orange in and they are good for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

you know you're supposed to clean the litter box, right?

yeah but it's dried up little nuggets and not fresh messy baby poo poo that they probably smeared all over their play room walls

• Locked thread