Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Any time 90's discussion and fond memories comes up I am always sure to ask about Street Sharks, but loving no one remembers them. Did I imagine this show? Am I crazy? I swear I had the toys and everything, they were a weird fake rubber material and their mouths opened and closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i do, was too old to play with dolls when they came though. another tv show made just to sell toys to kids, who cares

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
it was a piece of poo poo and im retroactively ashamed of all toy hoarding cartoons i was interested in as a child. they used to say jawsome in the show isntead of awesome.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

Any time 90's discussion and fond memories comes up I am always sure to ask about Street Sharks, but loving no one remembers them. Did I imagine this show? Am I crazy? I swear I had the toys and everything, they were a weird fake rubber material and their mouths opened and closed.

They came in a cool cage but were made out of hard plastic and were kind of heavy. I know this because I threw one at my friend while we were in the swimming pool and hit him in the nose and he bled everywhere.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
i remember, op, i remember :911:

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Somebody with a 2005 reg date doesn't remember goons saying "Jawesome" all the time?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i also remember the "street" sharks i think they did radical 90s stuff like rollerblade too

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
let's be honest they were just a lame rip off of the turtles.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
jawesome was a byob meme way back when in the long-long-ago

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

jawesome was a byob meme way back when in the long-long-ago

i bet you hate yourself for knowing that

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Dyna Soar posted:

i bet you hate yourself for knowing that

yeah, yeah i do. i thought about including that part but i didn't.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Somebody with a 2005 reg date doesn't remember goons saying "Jawesome" all the time?

Jawesome should be the new im gay

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I found a few old Street Sharks toys deeply buried in an old moving box. :unsmith: the brown boxer shark and some grey one on roller blades

Extreme Dinosaurs was a better TMNT ripoff though, cooler toys and theme song

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
jawesome

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Street Sharts

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
what about biker mice from mars

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
http://streetsharks.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Sharks_Wiki here you go

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

what about biker mice from mars

This was my poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'll concede to remembering this if you remember King Arthur and the Knights of Justice.

also lol I bet this was a hot seller:

wikipedia posted:

On February 19, 2013, Street Sharks – The Complete Series was released on Region 1 DVD for the very first time by Mill Creek Entertainment.[3]

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'll concede to remembering this if you remember King Arthur and the Knights of Justice.

If you don't watch corny retro TV shows by grainy Youtube video recordings you're doing it wrong

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nooner posted:

i also remember the "street" sharks i think they did radical 90s stuff like rollerblade too

And hockey

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Biker Mice From Mars was better, OP.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Weren't they Marines who morphed into sharks? One dude was a hammerhead, that must have been sharktastic.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

i remember that there was The Cool Shark (Raphael rip) who I always called Blades but really he was called Streak or something but I liked Blades better op

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I remember it. It just wasn't that good and not worth dredging up.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Professor Shark posted:

i remember that there was The Cool Shark (Raphael rip) who I always called Blades but really he was called Streak or something but I liked Blades better op

His original name was Blades, then they changed it to Streex with the second wave of figures. I was way the gently caress too into Street Sharks as a kid, it was pretty cool when they put the series up on Netflix.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

*synth noise*

DEEK

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
je me souviens

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I think the main reason I don't remember it is because it came out when I had already been married for five years.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i would permit a street shark to take me vaginally, without hesitation.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

gently caress yeah. They had poo poo like lions and war elephants that would charge out of their sheilds!

also Pirates of the Dark Water

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

holy poo poo street sharks. I completely forgot about them. Also Battletoads. The comments on the wiki articles are incoherent. "Nobody could have a date with dinner of destiny to the street sharks. Do you know why?."

http://streetsharks.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Sharks_(_2018_Film)

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 8, 2015

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I have experienced the opposite - every "Remember old cartoons/toys?" conversation seems to have someone proclaim Street Sharks as the greatest unknown property. Fuckin' everyone knows it, dude.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I wish I was lucky enough to forget Street Sharks.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I wish I was lucky enough to forget Street Sharks.

Never forget the sharks

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
What about Extreme Dinosaurs?

The villains were raptors trying to cause Global Warming, it was really topical.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

What about Extreme Dinosaurs?

The villains were raptors trying to cause Global Warming, it was really topical.

hmmm captain planet fought a sludge monster trying to cause global warming. just another example of early childhood brainwashing in the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
opinions on mummies alive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vhpk7DhZM

• Locked thread