Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's been pretty up front about making sure people don't misrepresent him. Like a sitcom used him as a plot point in the 90s and he told them he didn't want them to use an extra to stand in for him, even though it would just be a shot of his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
As far as we know.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6epwnrtzE

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Spakstik posted:

CNN predates The Simpsons by nearly a decade. As much as I'd like to think that ridiculous Nancy Grace-esque coverage is a recent invention, it turns out people were being a bunch of loving idiots for awhile. I wanted to say that Homer Badman was a response to the insanity surrounding OJ Simpson, but the episode aired in 1994, same year as the media frenzy. Wikipedia says it's a send-up of shows like Hard Copy.

If old simpsons was like zombie simpsons, they would have wet their pants in anticipation for making an OJ simpson episode. I'm sure in the days of old simpsons there was someone from Fox who came down and "had a great idea" but thank gently caress they ignored it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I wonder how many people there are out there who sigh and change channel as soon as they see it's an old episode bc they think it looks "lovely" compared to the past fifteen seasons

i have witnessed this first hand :smithicide:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

sinking belle posted:

I wonder how many people there are out there who sigh and change channel as soon as they see it's an old episode bc they think it looks "lovely" compared to the past fifteen seasons

i have witnessed this first hand :smithicide:

yeah i know some people younger than me that resisted watching older episodes from before they changed the animation style because they thought it looked weird

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu32fBkiHFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

I just remember the Thomas Pynchon namedrop where he shows up and goes "im thomas pynchon" and lisa goes "you're thomas pynchon" and I still dont know who the gently caress he is to this day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYXWfGt7DY

superior thomas pynchon simpsons scene

• Locked thread