Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Stipe has cardio, don't confuse that with him being really good because the only dominant performances ever seen out of them were 2 mismatches and the rest is generally dreary pointfighting that he doesn't win against the best HW has thrown at him so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Stipe looked pretty great tonight. I fell asleep during most of the event but I saw some of the earlier fights that insane green trunks vs black trunks fight was hilarious and round 2 was incredible.

Considering Junior Dos Santos is my favorite fighteri n the UFC I can't stand the fact that he almost lost to Stipe in what was just a punch war between two of the best punchers in the UFC. I think Stipe is pretty awesome and this was an amazing display by him but drat he didn't get any love in that arena.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 10, 2015

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Marching Powder posted:

mark hunt in good form is an excellent kickboxer and very, very hard to take down. that wasn't mark hunt in there

he's old and has had two bad fights in a row. This might be the Mark Hunt that we're going to have to get used to now. Although he has what, 3 fights left on his contract that he's going to retire after anyways? They'll hopefully just line him up against some people he can knock out easily so he can go out on a high note

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

T-Bone posted:

What would Stipe's path to victory be vs Cain outside of an early JDS styled KO? His gas tank seems pretty unreal so maybe he could keep him at bay with his standup and grind a decision out?

get top position somehow
don't get punched while trying to get top position
don't get taken down or held against the cage and punched

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ginette Reno posted:

he's old and has had two bad fights in a row. This might be the Mark Hunt that we're going to have to get used to now. Although he has what, 3 fights left on his contract that he's going to retire after anyways? They'll hopefully just line him up against some people he can knock out easily so he can go out on a high note

that was not a 'diminished' hunt. has anyone gone from world class to being unable to throw a punch before? age and diminishing returns doesn't explain that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ginette Reno posted:

And I said as much in one of my previous posts.

Like I said they should have stopped it but Hunt's chin was perfectly intact.

Mostly just sad to see Hunt get ground and pounded. Although he looked bad even at the start tonight that he probably would have gotten out striked by Stipe too if Stipe had bothered to stand the whole fight.

You're kidding, right? After round 3, the badly-cropped pre-fight image was a better representation of Hunt's chin than the mess we were watching in the cage.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
What what happened

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

You're kidding, right? After round 3, the badly-cropped pre-fight image was a better representation of Hunt's chin than the mess we were watching in the cage.

ehhh i don't think you're kosher on the concept of chin. mark was falling into the cage off a missed punch.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
mark hunt v cro crop next pls

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

that was not a 'diminished' hunt. has anyone gone from world class to being unable to throw a punch before? age and diminishing returns doesn't explain that.

Age, mileage and not training explain it pretty well.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Marching Powder posted:

i hope he has more left in the tank because he's my favorite fighter and i want to see him knock someone out and pull up his pants at least one more time

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What what happened

Hunt was on the receiving end of the most one-sided beating in the history of the UFC.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Age, mileage and not training explain it pretty well.

How much do I have to not train to not know how to punch?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Marching Powder posted:

a rough weight cut doesn't explain not being able to throw a full paced punch at all without a renan bath incident

He didn't come out to his Jesus music so I can only assume he was fighting Jesus free tonight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

How much do I have to not train to not know how to punch?

When you've had as much trauma to the head as Mark Hunt probably not long.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

that was not a 'diminished' hunt.

Hunt got tired faster tonight than he did fighting on a week's notice at a mile's altitude. That was, very obviously, a diminished Hunt. Who knows for what reason, but it wasn't just Stipe.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Hunt got tired faster tonight than he did fighting on a week's notice at a mile's altitude. That was, very obviously, a diminished Hunt. Who knows for what reason, but it wasn't just Stipe.

i worded that poorly, he was diminished by something way worse than a poor camp

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

and if he wasn't, he should have been wheeled to the cage on a gurney because holy poo poo

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

Hunt was on the receiving end of the most one-sided beating in the history of the UFC.

After 3 rounds, people were calling for the fight to be stopped in my section because people we feeling bad for Mark Hunt

But it kept going for 1 and a bit more rounds.

Also, I missed two crazy finishes with an ill timed loo break. Dis loving card. That Astro Girl finish was one of the best moments of my life.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I had to check out at the end of Round 2 to do some Mothers Day stuff. That was probably a good decision, in retrospect... :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I was actually in this area, but more central. I thought my seats were actually okay considering what I paid for them :shrug:

Also, drat you crane :argh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think I'll be watching this main event, but props to Stipe on what appears to be a total annihilation of the not handsome (no longer face) GOAT.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i rationally want cain to avoid blowing out his knees for two fights and just loving t total destroy that fuckin croat

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm glad that i did not and will never see this fight. owned and condolences to those who did.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I like Stipe a lot but I don't think I'm ever going to watch this fight

Like Hendo/Vitor I don't want to watch that ever

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

1st AD posted:

yeah but he also looks gassed to poo poo and while this is a good win, he also doesn't look great

Kills a man dead.

Didnt look so good in my esteemed opinion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hunt posted on Facebook that he was tired before the fight even began.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hunt posted on Facebook that he was tired before the fight even began.

@markhunt1974: The old warhorse got beaten up sorry was to tired big mistake to be tired wen u facing the top end congrats stipe... http://t.co/VlaZXRJHZa

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Brain Curry posted:

@markhunt1974: The old warhorse got beaten up sorry was to tired big mistake to be tired wen u facing the top end congrats stipe... http://t.co/VlaZXRJHZa

How the hell do you stay that nice after that kinda beating? I love Mark Hunt but I don't want to see that kinda fight from him, so not up to his best :(

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

How do they consistently find people so incompetent to be judges

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What's wrong with that?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

dsriggs posted:

What's wrong with that?

Dimitriou not scoring a single 10-8 round despite the prolonged beating Hunt took in the 3rd and 4th

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Aaaah. I see your point.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

For comparison, all three Sherdog "judges" scored the third round 10-7 and the fourth 10-8 in their PBP.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

The Duck of Death posted:

For comparison, all three Sherdog "judges" scored the third round 10-7 and the fourth 10-8 in their PBP.

I haven't watched the fight yet, but those Sherdog guys also give out 10-10 rounds pretty often last I checked, which are retarded and thankfully do not really happen with real judges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Don't mourn Mark Hunt for what he is. Remember Mark Hunt for what he was.

• Locked thread