Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
nice gimmick that i'd never have thought of despite it being really obvious. thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

tesilential posted:

Whittaker's striking is real fun to watch. His timing is just excellent, he waits for his opponent to overextend and then counters with fast combinations. He should probably be at LW though.

whittaker is not big for mw and what he did to hester was incredible.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

I wish I could embed this, but just click it instead

https://instagram.com/p/2cHOPgRz_e/

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

terrible fighting, competitive fight. i am pleased.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Doresain posted:

Is it just me, or is it odd that Curran's corner calls her 'baby'?

not if he's her partner, which i'd bet on.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sick comeback

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

landing barbarian uppercuts is cool

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Pimp Cauldron posted:

Who the gently caress are all these people. I have regressed (progressed?) to casual fan.

dunc's robocop post

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hate this fight. bec is unlikeable and lisa ellis has never looked to me like she actually wants to win

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kelly's head never moved off centre. ever. good poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Man making money right there

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

submitting kyle noke is recognised as community service

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it might just be that noke is huge for ww but webb looks like he could go to lw

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nah noke controlled the majority of that round. i've got it 1-1

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wow a good kyle noke fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the right decision imo, good fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

30-27 for webb is reasonable, 29-28 for noke is reasonable. good judging.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

lol a split decision where the loser won a 30-27 scorecard, always fun

the bisping sonnen fight was another fight where anything between 30-27 sonnen and 29-28 bisping was conceivable.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

maybe if you just watched it live but sonnen won a very comfortable 29-28

i'd have to rewatch it but i remember sonnen asking herb something along the lines of 'how'd i do?' and herb said 'i don't know man it was close', and i definitely felt that way. i thought sonnen won, but it was by no means certain.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

people were just high on Sonnen after the Anderson fight and forgot (as people are known to do) that Bisping is Pretty Good with excellent TDD

i believe the term to describe bisping is 'annoyingly competent'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

acejackson42 posted:

Huh, Stipe is a former Golden Gloves champion. That might actually mean someth... oh, hahahha, nope.

james vick was a 'golden gloves champion' when he went onto tuf and his boxing was shithouse. i remember him improving very rapidly post tuf though. golden gloves is meaningless.

hioki owns.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

remember when hioki got given a title shot and then said he wanted another fight before aldo and is now unranked and fighting some guy?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

christ hioki's head is dead on the centreline.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

I hadn't seen Hioki before. I assume he's pretty good?

he was very good when featherweight was bad. he's now good and fun in an amazing division.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo. good show.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

big win for that kid. gently caress's sake hioki you're a hard man to be a fan of.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

Mark Hunt is 41? I thought the jews built him to defend Jerusalem much longer ago than that.

after 999 the counter resets

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's a pity they didn't get herb dean out there. australians loving love herb dean.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

He's also still with Lloyd Irvin

savvy. matthews is young and naive

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is a good-rear end card

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

What's this bullshit. Vick is likeable. I want to hate him.

he's been sort of owning since

Bubba Smith posted:

I remember there's something about Vick that isn't good (more than the Lloyd Irvin stuff I believe), but at the same time I know I've been a fan since he had that huge upset during his season of TUF.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

Matthews Dad is gonna be so angry at him for acting like a dickhead. Good that he was humbled like this early in his career imo.

he acted like a dickhead? but i agree, a good humbling prevents a jon jones

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

if you don't want to know if the hippo can beat homer simpson then gently caress you

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gregor Samsa posted:

as opposed to nonconsensual bj instruction.

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

He was peacocking around the cage like he owned the place. Glad Vick nailed him.

he was looking great and called the crowd to action and immediately landed good combos? seems like a guy who loves his job to me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i love perosh but i also love o'connell so that's a bit an emotional neutral for me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

Here in Australia we have this thing thing whereby anyone who acts confident is actually a cocky arrogant jerk off and we hate them. We don't like our athletes young and bieber lookalike. We like our athletes humble, partially foreign and old like Hunt and Perosh.

i went to a local kickboxing card and the opening fight was between two 16 year old kids, one of whom looked exactly like beiber. the crowd sneered and started chanting 'bieber, bieber' and then he took out 16 years of pent up frustration on the other kid, finishing the fight with a spinning back kick to the body. australians can learn to love a bieber. i've seen it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

JHomer722 posted:

How in the world did Stipe get TKO'ed by Struve but decisioned by JDS?

think of it as stipe's mccorkle

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i may buy this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

this fight would be better served if we just watched that roy jones jr. highlight video on youtube instead of a brad tavares fight.

serendipity

• Locked thread