Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
After 4 years of tracking in beach sand and bare feet walking back from the beach my sleepy beach apartment finally has non-trash flooring. At no additional cost! Thanks landlady.

Remember to complain to your landlord about deferred maintenance and other issues!!!!

Old&Busted

New Hottness

Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pergo XP? I have those. Theyre pretty good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nah its like really thin, bendy vinyl that comes in normal size planks. its weird because the grain is extremely realistic and feels like wood when its glued down. They still gotta finish the floorboards/painting but its all good.

Its in the bathroom too so thats nice.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Looks pretty sweet mang, I need to get fake wood floors too; this lovely carpeting is bane of my existence due to allergies

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drat that looks really nice, congrats OP

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

nah its like really thin, bendy vinyl that comes in normal size planks. its weird because the grain is extremely realistic and feels like wood when its glued down. They still gotta finish the floorboards/painting but its all good.

oh yea can't really have real wood where there's lots of water, makes sense

looks nice

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thanks. 4 guys knocked the entire apartment out including bathroom/hallway in ~9 hours so its pretty painless if you can afford it/find a good installer!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Wait till you miss the first time and piss ricochets off your leg

good times

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I never got why idiot landlords kept replacing carpet all the time when they could just do this and it doesn't stain. Pergo is hard to dent.

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007
I seriously need hard floors. p sure I vacuumed up a mountain of fur that weights more than all 3 of my dogs put together earlier today

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
Hmm those bad boys are pretty nice, I could see myself eating some raisin bran on those!

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
What the gently caress, Chinatown? Why did you not tell us you had a sweet rear end beach apartment all this time?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet she got the most formaldehyde'iest chinese flooring available.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bluemillion posted:

What the gently caress, Chinatown? Why did you not tell us you had a sweet rear end beach apartment all this time?

its pretty sweet ya

Rand alPaul posted:

I bet she got the most formaldehyde'iest chinese flooring available.

its not actual wood so i doubt that but i dont care regardless

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
no joke dumping carpet for a wood floor is one of the best things to do for a home.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I'm probably gonna replace my carpet with bamboo laminate when it's dead, laminate's a good choice imo, easy to install too.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
How much?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Who started the whole carpet thing? Carpet sucks. That guy's name should be known so we can shame his family for a few more generations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hobohemian posted:

Who started the whole carpet thing? Carpet sucks. That guy's name should be known so we can shame his family for a few more generations.

the only carpet worth having is that deep pile shagtastic poo poo, it's like walking on little tiny woopie goldbergs, except without all that sass

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
congrats man, they look much nicer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
grats. carpeting is so poo poo. i wanna rub whoever invented carpets' face into some real old nasty carpet. ive only walked on one carpet in my entire life that made me go "wow this sure is some good carpet!" and it was like 6 inches thick and probably 1000 bucks a square foot. rich dude's place, obviously. on the other hand carpet is insanely problematic no matter where you place it. but its especially bad in bathrooms. i mean seriously, what the gently caress.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
pretty popular now...in new houses even

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

wheres the live laugh love poster?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Kuato posted:

Looks pretty sweet mang, I need to get fake wood floors too; this lovely carpeting is bane of my existence due to allergies

drat you know your body hates you when you're allergic to the floor

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Carpets are ok, they're just a thing you put on a proper floor like the OP's instead of covering everything in carpet like a maniac

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
that's a cool lookin room, congrats on your new floor!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
nice hovel, for a poor person to live in.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Good, now do something about that popcorn ceiling. :barf:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I'm about to replace this in my house with stone tiles. I found that I just kept denting it too much whenever I dropped something slightly heavy.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Ohhhh, Chinatown, that's lovely! NOICE.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Not gonna lie, I'm jelly.

Used to live in a swank house with hardwoods, it's ruined carpet for me ever since

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
84 year old maple hardwood floors in my crib. :cool:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Someone stole your couch OP.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

If you're going to do anything to a concrete floor, polish it. Cheap and astounding.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

tardwrangler posted:

If you're going to do anything to a concrete floor, polish it. Cheap and astounding.

looks better before

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
carpets rule, enjoy your 19th century hovels

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Nice upgrade OP. Hardwood and tile are so much easier to clean

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

please tell me your tv was only temporarily on the bar for the installers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Vinyl is great for the first few months then the factory clear coat wears off and it gets crazy dirty. Like, you'll leave big oily footprints in the vinyl and then it gets progressively more scratched up. Cleaning it is a pain in the dick too. My parents put that poo poo in then had to put rugs over it a year later to stop having to shine the stuff.

Either way, better than carpet.

• Locked thread