Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

numberoneposter posted:

if your biggest complaint is that they should have ran sideways they you must be one of those people who contributes to the GOOFS section in IMDB and you should hate yourself.

They could have least tried is all I am saying, like just do a roll, if nothing else you gave it a go and it's probably feel pretty good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i guess it's b/c it's scifi, but there's a lot of sperging over prometheus. a lot more than most scifi films, too. i mean the matrix was a pretty big deal and it had more plot holes & stupid poo poo than most movies but no one even remembers them. i guess it was just fun and prometheus really wasn't.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yes but the Matrix wasn't trying to be all that intellectual ... oops uh

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Yes but the Matrix wasn't trying to be all that intellectual ... oops uh
matrix fans try to be intellectual
in the movie its simple he literally gets out of the matrix

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
each matrix just got better and better

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

nimh posted:

Why?: The Movie

In space no one can hear your questions. still gonna blame the lost writer. i only ever saw 20 minutes of the tv show and i saw a polar bear. Why was a polar bear on the island? i asked a few people who watched the show and no one could answer. its lost poo poo
I still feel residual smugness over refusing to watch :lost: and telling people "there is no plan, none of it is going to be wrapped up or make sense in any way whatsoever" and then getting to gloat about being 100% right. :smug:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tujague posted:

See, this is why you should decide from the beginning if you're making a stupid space monster movie or a 'makes you think' space movie. If you try to slop it up the middle, you get some Mommy's Special Little Fatass who leaves the theater feeling smart and defends it to the bitter end because he got a good score on a standardized test back when his BMI was double digits

This is a page back but isn't a healthy bmi double digits? Like if your bmi is 9 you're dangerously underweight

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah something like 18-21 is healthy right? lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a BMI of 9 and you will look ripped if you are strong

im like at 13 or something and wish i could get a bit lower its hard :( life is hard :(

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 11, 2015

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
"But what about all this evidence and poo poo?"
"No none of that matters. This other bullshit is true because it is what I CHOOSE to believe"

Well I choose to believe your boyfriend turned into a zombie and died painfully because he was a retard idiot douche.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

a BMI of 9 and you will look ripped if you are strong

im like at 13 or something and wish i could get a bit lower its hard :( life is hard :(

a bmi of 9 would mean you are 180 cm tall and weigh 30 kg. altho i guess stick insects are pretty strong

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

"But what about all this evidence and poo poo?"
"No none of that matters. This other bullshit is true because it is what I CHOOSE to believe"

Well I choose to believe your boyfriend turned into a zombie and died painfully because he was a retard idiot douche.
no you dont get it you dont get to have a retort to that you have to sit there stunned because its so meaningful and interesting
the camera does not get to turn around and show people rolling their eyes its just end scene

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dyna Soar posted:

a bmi of 9 would mean you are 180 cm tall and weigh 30 kg. altho i guess stick insects are pretty strong
im thinking of body fat percentage or whatever

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Nothing stirs up GBS more than a prometheus thread.

Noomirapace.gif

*close thread*

naem
May 29, 2011

Did anyone watch that video I posted it's really good fyi

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

naem posted:

Did anyone watch that video I posted it's really good fyi

Yeah it was really good

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

concerned mom posted:

The running in straight line thing is funny because imagine your average goon in that situation and realise that most people wouldn't have the faintest clue what to do

Now you guys have got me seriousposting

I can totally buy people in a blind panic running away from the rolling spacecraft but they had spent part of the movie building up Meredith Vickers to be this cool collected ice lady who always looks out for number one, then the movie blew it's wad by having her get squashed like Wile E. Coyote. Why bother giving her those character traits if she was just going to die like a chump? Unless I've missed some sort of deeper meaning by being too :spergin:

Dyna Soar posted:

it would have been pretty funny if the chick would have dodged to the side and impaled herself on something. why the hell didn't they do that

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 12, 2015

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
We should do one of these for Inception. I'd love to hear whatever fucktard explain how everything made perfect obvious sense in that crap cake of a movie once he gritted his Dr. Pepper-stained teeth and imagined so much off-screen made-up horseshit that he came out the other side smarter than everyone else on Earth

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I am going to abort this thread with the help of a machine, and immediatly run away from it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

why are you faggots defending promethius it was a crap flick

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Tujague posted:

We should do one of these for Inception. I'd love to hear whatever fucktard explain how everything made perfect obvious sense in that crap cake of a movie once he gritted his Dr. Pepper-stained teeth and imagined so much off-screen made-up horseshit that he came out the other side smarter than everyone else on Earth

Cmon be fair, Inception wasn't poo poo because it didn't make sense. It was poo poo because Christopher Nolan is a humorless hack with illusions of grandeur.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Tujague posted:

who's done that in this thread though? you don't need to imagine much in prometheus, other than where the super monster got it's body mass (who cares lol). i haven't seen inception but what i've heard it's a lot worse than prometheus when it comes to a nonsensical plot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Entropic posted:

I still feel residual smugness over refusing to watch :lost: and telling people "there is no plan, none of it is going to be wrapped up or make sense in any way whatsoever" and then getting to gloat about being 100% right. :smug:

just kill urself and ur famil right now cuz there wont be any wrap up or overarching sense of purpose at the end of your life either

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tujague posted:

inception blew my miiiind, man

by how dumb it was

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why can't nerds enjoy nice moving pictures without arguing about dumb poo poo. Yeah goo pregnant robot rappelling gently caress you

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

i guess it's b/c it's scifi, but there's a lot of sperging over prometheus. a lot more than most scifi films, too. i mean the matrix was a pretty big deal and it had more plot holes & stupid poo poo than most movies but no one even remembers them. i guess it was just fun and prometheus really wasn't.

99% of the bullshit plot holes happened in the sequels.

If you ever go back and re-watch the Matrix, it feels like a film noir that wasn't made by the Wichowksis. Everything other than a neat car chase after that suuuuuucks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
that five hours long car chase of tedium was easily the worst thing about the matrix sequels

but yeah, the original matrix was just "dude, what if we lived in virtual reality - and didnt know about it!", pretty straightforward

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The Matrix is another film I haven't seen, I am not good at this

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

The Matrix is another film I haven't seen, I am not good at this

Wait a couple years and it'll get rebooted.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The whachoski haven't made anything worth watching since matrix 1

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
The thing that got me in this movie, was that no one seemed to give a poo poo about anything. Everyone was so stoic about going to meet the engineers of life and all that jazz.

The lady gets the alien removed in the surgery machine (legit good scene) and then gets stapled back together after it cuts her abdominal muscles. She is able to get around fairly well considering. She then runs into another room full of people and doesnt tell them she just aborted an alien, and they didnt care to ask why she was all covered in blood and alien poo poo.

I did like the way the film looked though, it was really pretty with good effects.

henpod fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 12, 2015

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I just started watching it. It's not bad at all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
a good movie

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

ZombieParts posted:

I just started watching it. It's not bad at all.

hermione dies

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Here is the biological black goo that can create life. It's beyond any human comprehension or understanding...

Oh hey it turned that Viking dude into a poo poo zombie. lol!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
that poo poo supposedly accelerates evolution or w/e, so it made that dude superhuman. lame, but there you go.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Applewhite posted:

The movie had solid art direction and decent acting, but lacked a compelling storyline that would have allowed the audience to overlook its various plotholes. It seemed like the situation was contrived specifically to put the characters in danger, rather than allowing the danger to evolve organically from the situation.

That's because Scott was making two different movies. He originally wanted to do some cheesy Chariots of the Gods ancient aliens film, but the studio wasn't interested. So he came back at them with "Well how 'bout a new Alien movie" and the studio jumped on it. Then he proceeded to gently caress with the script and sneak in the ancient astronaut film he wanted to do dressed up with a little Alien tinsel so the produces would cut the checks. And that is why the movie is a confused hosed up mess.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Frankenstyle posted:

That's because Scott was making two different movies. He originally wanted to do some cheesy Chariots of the Gods ancient aliens film, but the studio wasn't interested. So he came back at them with "Well how 'bout a new Alien movie" and the studio jumped on it. Then he proceeded to gently caress with the script and sneak in the ancient astronaut film he wanted to do dressed up with a little Alien tinsel so the produces would cut the checks. And that is why the movie is a confused hosed up mess.

he's not a secret scientologist, is he?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Dyna Soar posted:

he's not a secret scientologist, is he?

No. He just got around to discovering Erich von Däniken, and apparently he's gotten senile enough to find it all compelling or something.

I guess that'd make him a prime target for Scientology though, so he may be by now.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i wish verhoeven would do the same actually. he's written a book on jesus the historical person. i'd love to see his robocop-ified vision of the life of brian, hah.

• Locked thread