Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
op don't lie just to stimulate discussion. Prometheus is complete and utter poo poo wrapped in one of the best presentations I've seen of anything. It may be very expensive and well made poo poo, but it's still poo poo.

Zoologist killed by dangerous-looking alien cock he could've easily walked away from

Mapping expert with mapping robots gets lost

People didn't evolve from Monkeys, they evolved from the alien that ate the black goo things

The characters, in an open space, choose to outrun the giant wheel of death instead of RUNNING TO THE loving SIDE

this thread

utter poo poo, all of it

Mr.Smiley4 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!
We haven't even gotten into how David the android is simultaneously loving stupid and seemingly omniscient throughout the movie. Biggest waste of an interesting character since Doctor Phlox on Enterprise.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

steinrokkan posted:

what the gently caress was that retarded zombie thing that had no purpose whatsoever

It was so useless and forgettable that I didn't remember it until you mentioned it.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Flesh Forge posted:

See this illustrates what was good about Prometheus (the parts that had David) and what was not good about it (the parts that did not have David)

Even the parts that did have David were loving awful in places. How did David know how to use the goo-panel to open the door in the ship? Why did he infect the dude scientist with the black goo, and how did he know that the dude scientist would knock up the chick scientist to create an alien baby?

dumb

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Flesh Forge posted:

i will address this point by point

DOESNT MATTER HAD DAVID

DOSENT MATTER HAD DAVED

DOESANT MAATER HARD DADIV

the devense rests

Well I'm sold

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Applewhite posted:

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. It wasn't the stupid "willing suspension of disbelief" stuff which ruined Prometheus, because Alien and Aliens were both equally as bad in that department, but were solid films overall.

Prometheus lacked some other quality that was present in the other films that allowed the audience to overlook the stupid stuff.

It wasn't that everything in Prometheus was stupid, it's that it never resolved any of the questions/issues with people acting the way they did. Why did David do what he did? Just to gently caress with them? idk, they never said.

Alien and Aliens are much simpler movies that are way better because everyone's motivations were way more defined, even if it was as simple as staying alive or making money. This helps people get into the movie more and keeps them from focusing on dumb plot holes.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Dyna Soar posted:

you should have paid attention

he was shown studying a lot of languages for a long time, iirc one of the writings looked a lot like the hieroglyphs the goo panel had. stupid, maybe but totally explained.

did you watch the movie? just before he told weyland he will find out what the black goo does if put inside a human. then he asks how far should he go, and weyland says as far as it takes. he's a cold mofo.

i don't think he did? did he? i can't remember this anymore.

Admittedly I haven't seen the movie since it came out, but I don't recall either of those. I just remember walking out of the theater totally confused about the whole movie and feeling frustrated that something almost awesome turned into such poo poo in the last 20-30 minutes when things went batshit stupid and they didn't bother to explain much of the previous parts of the movie either.

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Dyna Soar posted:

which is the stupid one, you or the movie?

false dichotomy, the answer is u

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Dyna Soar posted:

whoa, take it easy squirt.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Please keep it coming. This argument, and your pathetic attempt at salvaging it, is the most hilarious thing I've seen on GBS in a while

e: guess he saw the light

• Locked thread