Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

fyodor posted:

all movie reviews are retrospective you dumb fucker

strangely insightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

nimh posted:

the only good thing about Prometheus is Happy Birthday David:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmbqH_z7jM

See this illustrates what was good about Prometheus (the parts that had David) and what was not good about it (the parts that did not have David)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

i will address this point by point

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

Even the parts that did have David were loving awful in places. How did David know how to use the goo-panel to open the door in the ship?

DOESNT MATTER HAD DAVID

quote:

Why did he infect the dude scientist with the black goo,

DOSENT MATTER HAD DAVED

quote:

and how did he know that the dude scientist would knock up the chick scientist to create an alien baby?

DOESANT MAATER HARD DADIV

quote:

dumb

the devense rests

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

tbf the autodoc had to have a comprehensive supply of organs and blood and whatever

also yeah "two years worth of supplies"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

that's fair enough if the engineers were super retarded too

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

you should have paid attention

he was shown studying a lot of languages for a long time, iirc one of the writings looked a lot like the hieroglyphs the goo panel had. stupid, maybe but totally explained.

did you watch the movie? just before he told weyland he will find out what the black goo does if put inside a human. then he asks how far should he go, and weyland says as far as it takes. he's a cold mofo.

i don't think he did? did he? i can't remember this anymore.

ur really over thinking this DAVID=GOOD thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

While there's a lot of really hard criticisms you can level at Prometheus, "Too smart/Too complex" isn't one of them

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

id also be smoking all the dope/meth my suit could fit and that would explain a lot of poor decisions

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

it would have been pretty funny if the chick would have dodged to the side and impaled herself on something. why the hell didn't they do that

what would have been a good movie is this trillion dollar mission takes off and while traveling, one by one the crew accidentally trips on sharp poo poo and kills themselves due to being too stoned/dumb to not kill themselves and then they get to the planet and its ALL DAVID FOR 2 HOURS

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

we can only speculate that either it wasn't a biological weapon, and people hosed poo poo up, or the jockeys originally didn't intend to destroy humanity, but changed their mind, or...

or they hired damon lindelof to rewrite the script and hilarity ensued

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

concerned mom posted:

Come to beautiful Plum Island Animal Disease Center

this is like a goon EVE corp recruitment thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yes but the Matrix wasn't trying to be all that intellectual ... oops uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ZombieParts posted:

I just started watching it. It's not bad at all.

hermione dies

• Locked thread