Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I didn't understand the ending where that big donut shaped spaceship somehow rolled after the two women and eventually crushed them like why did they keep going forward if they stepped to the side it would have rolled right past them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I watched a few episodes of Lost when it first came out then forgot about it thanks for reading my story

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The part where that ripped dude bitch slaps the guy in the wheelchair is pretty harsh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Prometheus is the only sci fi film I've ever watched from start to finish

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dyna Soar posted:

what do you u think

I honestly thought it was very pretty but then all a lot of fuss about nothing, they go to a planet, things go wrong, the end.

I'd just got a new TV when it came out and heard it was a good looking film so that's why I got it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

gary oldmans diary posted:

why do people think things roll in a straight line forever instead of veering to one side and eventually tipping over particularly if they werent meant to be mass balanced around their volumetric center
do you still remember anything of the physical world from before you uploaded yourself into your computer

I'd probably remember the huge donut trying to crush me because I'd have stepped to one side and it wouldn't have killed me

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

one of them did and it fell over and crushed her dummy

Ah well, at least she tried

gary oldmans diary posted:

or it veered that way because you didnt do the smart thing and run away first
top priority is running directly away from massive things falling down toward you in ways you cant predict

If they'd have known this before I bet they would have all lived

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I thought stuff like Jaws and Alien were so slow because the foam and rubber monsters they made looked like poo poo so they went for a more suspensful vibe and hid the bad guys as much as they could?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm learning lots about films ITT thanks all

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

concerned mom posted:

The running in straight line thing is funny because imagine your average goon in that situation and realise that most people wouldn't have the faintest clue what to do

Now you guys have got me seriousposting

I'd do a sideways roll like an athlete and survive no problem

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dyna Soar posted:

it would have been pretty funny if the chick would have dodged to the side and impaled herself on something. why the hell didn't they do that

Or just scuffed her shoes and the film ends on a close up of her mildly inconvenienced expression

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

numberoneposter posted:

if your biggest complaint is that they should have ran sideways they you must be one of those people who contributes to the GOOFS section in IMDB and you should hate yourself.

They could have least tried is all I am saying, like just do a roll, if nothing else you gave it a go and it's probably feel pretty good too

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

naem posted:

Did anyone watch that video I posted it's really good fyi

Yeah it was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The Matrix is another film I haven't seen, I am not good at this