Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
The surgery scene was really good that is about all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I think the main reason most people hate this movie is because it was supposed to be a cool Alien prequel when really they just appropriated a few minor parts of that universe to make a really mediocre and forgettable sci fi movie that a fraction of people would have watched or cared ab otherwise. It felt like a bait and switch.

The other reason people hate it is the godawful screenplay tho

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

nimh posted:

Why?: The Movie

In space no one can hear your questions. still gonna blame the lost writer. i only ever saw 20 minutes of the tv show and i saw a polar bear. Why was a polar bear on the island? i asked a few people who watched the show and no one could answer. its lost poo poo

It's never even close to being explained. I think there is a single vague reference to polar bears in a much later season but it wasnt satisfying in any way. You were correct already: its stupid lost poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

Thats one of the things from s1 that is clearly and unequivocally explained. Not saying its a great explanation but sorry youre too dumb to watch network television.

O cool what was that unequivocal explanation again

• Locked thread