Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the movie follows characters unintelligently stumbling from one scene to the next

but who cares this conversation is retarded its 2015

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

People didn't evolve from Monkeys, they evolved from the alien that ate the black goo things
more like monkeys evolved from the alien that ate the black goo thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im an archaeologist
hey ive got an idea
lets bring ancient things back to life with electricity why hasnt anyone thought of this before

im her boyfriend watching her do dumb poo poo all the goddamn time
look at that head dude making grotesque faces at her and then exploding
yeah
i know how you feel head dude

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

toggle posted:

when the scientist took off his helmet in the alien spaceship and could breath was the moment when this movie turned to dogshit

i mean, come on
if an archaeologist jumped off a bridge you would be a fool not to follow

peter gabriel posted:

I didn't understand the ending where that big donut shaped spaceship somehow rolled after the two women and eventually crushed them like why did they keep going forward if they stepped to the side it would have rolled right past them
why do people think things roll in a straight line forever instead of veering to one side and eventually tipping over particularly if they werent ever meant to be mass balanced around their volumetric center
do you still remember anything of the physical world from before you uploaded yourself into your computer

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I'd probably remember the huge donut trying to crush me because I'd have stepped to one side and it wouldn't have killed me
or it veered that way and you died because you didnt do the smart thing and run away first
top priority is running directly away from massive things falling down toward you in ways you cant predict

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

How did David know how to use the goo-panel to open the door in the ship? Why did he infect the dude scientist with the black goo, and how did he know that the dude scientist would knock up the chick scientist to create an alien baby?
youre encouraging movie makers to spoon feed these things in ways everyone hates instead of just reasoning the relationships between what you see

recognized similarities with alphabets and cuneiforms david had been studying of cultures on earth that had interacted with aliens according to art found by the archaeologists weyland had been financing

unethical hasty research at the behest of out-of-stasis and dying mr weyland into the nature of found alien technology and biotechnology

why would you think he knew there would be an alien baby

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dyna Soar posted:

i hope we'll get a directors cut or something.
eh... not me

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tujague posted:

See, this is why you should decide from the beginning if you're making a stupid space monster movie or a 'makes you think' space movie. If you try to slop it up the middle, you get some Mommy's Special Little Fatass who leaves the theater feeling smart and defends it to the bitter end because he got a good score on a standardized test back when his BMI was double digits
Just say SETI picked up a blip recognized as a beacon and telescopes determined its coming from a planet
no archaeologists no creator retardation no ancient weyland trying to extend his life
unethical android stays in the movie though and we can still have charlize theron in her panties

wait thats alien
they made alien and covered it with stupid stuff

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

the 3rd riddick movie
what is this moon language

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

wasnt that drat thing like two blocks wide, it doesn't really matter what direction you are running then
the trick is to jump right before the elevator hits the ground

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Yes but the Matrix wasn't trying to be all that intellectual ... oops uh
matrix fans try to be intellectual
in the movie its simple he literally gets out of the matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Amarcarts posted:

"But what about all this evidence and poo poo?"
"No none of that matters. This other bullshit is true because it is what I CHOOSE to believe"

Well I choose to believe your boyfriend turned into a zombie and died painfully because he was a retard idiot douche.
no you dont get it you dont get to have a retort to that you have to sit there stunned because its so meaningful and interesting
the camera does not get to turn around and show people rolling their eyes its just end scene

• Locked thread