Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

staberind posted:

"beep boop, i am a war robot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Abort more fetuses

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
life is not a useful concept

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
can you picture how big the universe is and our place in it?

human beings are worth nothing

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

A misanthrope posted:

can you picture how big the universe is and our place in it?

human beings are worth nothing

a misanthrope

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
human lives have negative value. ending human lives has value. kill all humans.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
op's mom has value (to my dick)

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
OP, BASED ON THE QUALITY OF YOUR POST I WOULD SAY THAT YOURS DOES NOT

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
I'm afraid I do not have the proper credentials to answer this question.

Ethics is a tricky thing.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
The average goon's contempt for human life is a product of his own self-loathing.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
of course human lives matter, just ask nazi doctors

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

The average goon's contempt for human life is a product of his own self-loathing.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
id pay 20bux for a person and not a cent more

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
A third world life is worth approximately .05% of an American life.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

redshirt posted:

A third world life is worth approximately .05% of an American life.

As if it took this long for the thread to turn racist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Agag posted:

As if it took this long for the thread to turn racist.

lol you care.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

redshirt posted:

lol you care.

I know you need the negative attention, redshirt. Its all you have.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Agag posted:

I know you need the negative attention, redshirt. Its all you have.

Indeed. Besides my mansion and retired lifestyle.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
No.

It doesnt have actual value.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
If it had no value, I wouldn't feel anything when snatching it away away from somebody

in COD

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bloodsacrifice posted:

what if they have AIDS

#italiano

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Since there is no detectable sentient life outside of humanity only we are able to determine its value

And that value is determined by the harsh mistress of the invisible hand

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Search for sentience quotient and have ur mind blown

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Human life may definitely possibly have value maybe, I dunno.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my individual life is the most important thing in the entire universe - i hope this helps settle the debate

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Hellfire missile runs about $145K a pop, you're not supposed to let them off the rail unless you have a probable on atleast 8 enemy combatants, a very high value target or used for immediate defense and support of friendly assets. So some folks are worth $145K if they're all Super-Insurgent, but only worth $18,125 if not. I'm guessing twitter activists are prized under even the 18K estimate though, thanks to slacktivism and all.

Say that you kill a high-value guy like Osama who's worth at $10,000,000 bounty. Can they make the difference payable in Hellfires that you can just shoot off whenever you feel like it?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Mozi posted:

my individual life is the most important thing in the entire universe - i hope this helps settle the debate

Same. My dogs are #2 & #3 then I guess friends and family or whatever.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
mine does (to me)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
No but always carefully assess what someone can and can't do for you now or in the future, some people that seem superfluous and useless can be surprisingly useful for you in the future, especially with years of building a relationship with them that doesn't benefit you in any way at the moment. Many times it works the opposite way though, people that appear useful are just wasted energy because they can't do anything of value for you for various reasons.

They always say one in the hand is better than two in the bush but sometimes it's more important to have the two in the bush waiting for when you need to use them.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 8, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Three Olives posted:

No but always carefully assess what someone can and can't do for you now or in the future, some people that seem superfluous and useless can be surprisingly useful for you in the future, especially with years of building a relationship with them that doesn't benefit you in any way at the moment. Many times it works the opposite way though, people that appear useful are just wasted energy because they can't do anything of value to you for various reasons.

They always say one in the hand is better than two in the bush but sometimes it's more important to have the two in the bush waiting for when you need to use them.

Machiavellian truth.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Only the value we invent, OP.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Three Olives posted:

No but always carefully assess what someone can and can't do for you now or in the future, some people that seem superfluous and useless can be surprisingly useful for you in the future, especially with years of building a relationship with them that doesn't benefit you in any way at the moment. Many times it works the opposite way though, people that appear useful are just wasted energy because they can't do anything of value for you for various reasons.

This is how sociopaths do it.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Agag posted:

This is how sociopaths do it.

yea normal people tell everyone around them they should be murdered and to kill themselves

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
read a bible some time, liberal scum

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
About 8 dollars per head, OP. This is the hellscape

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Only the lives of people you know are "invaluable," strangers halfway across the globe count for nothing. This is why its okay to buy iphones made by literal slaves.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

I'll stick to Ministry, thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxaPj19VnRA

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine

staberind posted:

What the gently caress nonsense are you even talking about, is it a missile or a train, a probable ?
Why not talk like a regular human being instead of "beep boop, i am a war robot" ?

Did someone not get thier target serviced with adaquate fires from the king of battle thus making them grumpy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Mein Eyes! posted:

Should the average goon mourn the loss of human lives, when the value and even objective reality of human "life" cannot be established?

the average goon only values his life and that of whoever he's playing video games with at a given time.

• Locked thread