Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 2. Due to website issues I can't completely confirm it, but I believe everyone has a CPU game.

I'll be just about the timing on the advance considering several of you just had trouble playing.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Why did you title the thread NCAA 13? Are we going to all try the previous version of the game to see if dynasties still work fine there? :)

I have a bye week. I'm about to try to get my recruiting done after it failed on me yesterday.

edit - drat, still getting an error today. Just rebooted my router/cable modem and going to try again.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 8, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
voted Mail game to EA's doorstep option.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I will enshrine it along with cut out photos of my many virtual titles. Then burn it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
actually we should be mailing it to the doorstep of the ncaa, to be honest.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I will enshrine it along with cut out photos of my many virtual titles. Then burn it.

i'll put it next to that broken controller i have as a memorial

wait i know how to fix this, we'll all just move into a commune together and then we don't need the internet to play

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

we'll all just move into a commune together and then we don't need the internet to play

NO GIRLS ALLOWED ONLY NECK BEARDS

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

we can all be JOBs

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
EA is giving me trouble again, extra annoying as that's now two weeks where I've lost the points for scouting but don't get the results. Also wouldn't let me save my game results, probably for the best since my sim Defense is terrible. Granted this team isn't much better when I actually control it either. I'll try to get my game and recruiting in at some point.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

EA is giving me trouble again, extra annoying as that's now two weeks where I've lost the points for scouting but don't get the results. Also wouldn't let me save my game results, probably for the best since my sim Defense is terrible. Granted this team isn't much better when I actually control it either. I'll try to get my game and recruiting in at some point.

:stare: anyone else having this problem?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

:stare: anyone else having this problem?
Maybe it's not being used to recruiting in the game? If it uploads the changes to the server after completely finishing recruiting, it should save them. May want to go back in and check to be sure, or make sure the recruiting button has the green checkmark on it?

I haven't been able to do my recruiting here in two days still though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Recruiting just worked for me, both in this dynasty and ACC.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yup had a lucky window where things were working. OSU smothers Cincy 80-0 I held them to -27 total yards. Also recruiting is off to a hot start.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I tried earlier and couldn't access, so I'll try again in a bit

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Got it done but I'll get to re scout next week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio and Wreckus, we'll advance Wednesday night unless you've been having more server issues.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
JB didn't announce it yet here, but we're in week 3.

Dubious, we have a game. When is good for you?

edit - Actually, it looks like you're on AP. Is that staying, or will you be able to play? I will play the game now if you're on AP indefinitely.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 14, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Dubious, I'm going to go ahead and play the game. If you do decide to return, we can wipe the results and play it the right way.

edit - #2 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 49-14. Each team had a lost fumble, but outside of that, it was the Michigan defense that kept their offense on the field enough to make some really great TD passes. (TOP was almost even, but I had a WR with 233 yards on 11 receptions with 2 TD, with a long of around 71 - just busted coverage, no QB scrambling shenanigans - and something like 5-6 total sacks that really made it difficult for UCLA to get anything going) Subbed in my backup QB and HB in the 2nd half along with the entire defense - the recruiting classes I've had have me in a really good spot for that.

But I could tell that UCLA was a really tough squad, so Dubious, I am 100% cool with playing it over and giving you a fair shot to take me on.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 14, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Hey Dubious, I'm going to go ahead and play the game. If you do decide to return, we can wipe the results and play it the right way.

edit - #2 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 49-14. Each team had a lost fumble, but outside of that, it was the Michigan defense that kept their offense on the field enough to make some really great TD passes. (TOP was almost even, but I had a WR with 233 yards on 11 receptions with 2 TD, with a long of around 71 - just busted coverage, no QB scrambling shenanigans - and something like 5-6 total sacks that really made it difficult for UCLA to get anything going) Subbed in my backup QB and HB in the 2nd half along with the entire defense - the recruiting classes I've had have me in a really good spot for that.

But I could tell that UCLA was a really tough squad, so Dubious, I am 100% cool with playing it over and giving you a fair shot to take me on.

i didnt even get to post. i wanted to try make my poo poo work so we could do this tomorrow, now you get to know what my squad plays like ahead of our game.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 14, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

i didnt even get to post. i wanted to try make my poo poo work so we could do this tomorrow, now you get to know what my squad plays like ahead of our game.
Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were still playing the game any more, when I saw you were on AP I thought it was because of not continuing the subscription to XBL (but I might have mixed you up with someone else). I also saw you in the "Who's Online" on the subforum after I had posted, so I thought you had skipped over this thread on purpose.

JB did tell me to wait a few days to see if you'd post but that he'd wipe it if you did post to say you could play if I went ahead, so I'm sorry about that - I should have just listened to him. I thought that since you were on AP rather than your previous week's game getting simmed that it was a long-term thing. :(

I don't think I got any special info out of the game that will give me any advantage - I'm not that kind of strategist. Hopefully we can get the game played still and hopefully no hard feelings.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i browse sa on my phone, on the bus, which keeps sessions open, where you probably saw me online.

I reupped live, as i posted a couple days ago i couldn't connect to the dynasty. I was waiting for a user game to try put in effort to make it work, because i loathe cpu games.

No worries, lets try tomorrow later in the evening PST if you can.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

No worries, lets try tomorrow later in the evening PST if you can.
Okay - though my offer still stands from the PM if you want to play my CPU to make it even. I will be available tomorrow night though if you're okay with it.

Me and my impatience - drat it!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FYI I won't be home before 7pm to wipe the results.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm out of town through Monday so Sly you and I will have to tangle next week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Again Doobie, want to apologize! (and to JB too, since now you've gotta deal with it) I was in a bit of a manic mood last night (been working crazy hours) and got it into my head that playing a game would help me get to sleep. I don't really play any games outside of any dynasties/leagues I'm in, but I'll go that route next time. :)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I started playing mine but got interrupted. Hopefully playing after work

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I wiped the results from UM vs UCLA.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Doobie, I'm getting online now. If I see you online, let's do this. I'm also free probably most of the weekend so just lemme know what's good for you if I don't see you tonight.

I just had my 10th year anniversary party at my job and I lost count of the shots after the 7th. I do have a game with Wreckus in the SEC though so if he responds first I'll be getting that game in first.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
this weekend is probably going to be better, ive got strep and have been feeling like poo poo for almost 3 weeks and wanna goto bed early, as much as i'd like to play while your drunk rear end has the whiskey handicap :v:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

this weekend is probably going to be better, ive got strep and have been feeling like poo poo for almost 3 weeks and wanna goto bed early, as much as i'd like to play while your drunk rear end has the whiskey handicap :v:
Weekend is good for me I think. I just won drunk in the SEC so it might be a good luck charm for me. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, did you have a time in mind over the weekend? I will be free all day tomorrow pretty much, but I don't know what my Sunday will be like. I'm also around tonight if you're feeling up to it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious is now on AP - sorry for the redundancy Cletus.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Dubious is now on AP - sorry for the redundancy Cletus.
I didn't hold back at all this time (though I did play all 3 of my QBs).

#2 Michigan over #4 UCLA, 66-3.

Starting QB Brown went 21/25 for 403 yards and 4 TDs, with another 2 rushing TDs.

Backup QB Thomas went 9/13 for 143 yards, 2 TDs, and one INT (only Michigan turnover of the game).

And then my future QB Bell went 2/2 for 52 yards, but went out with a concussion after maybe 4 total plays.

Defense racked up 6 sacks, 4 INTs, and 1 FF (not recovered, but it was on a KR, and pushed UCLA back to start around the 9 yard line where the ball finally rolled out). UCLA went 0/9 on 3rd downs and 0/1 on 4th downs, and actually had a TOP of 13:06 to Michigan's 10:54. Ouch.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Wow...what happened?

Z I'm now back in town and don't know but figure you'll be back late tonight? If you can play this morning before 10 AM great otherwise we'll have to find another day. During the week I'm good from noon to 3PM eastern if you're available then. If not I could possibly wake up early and play Wednesday night sometime like 11PM.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We'll advance as soon as ZSB and Sly play their game.

Dio, not sure how many times you can flirt with EA before you lose a sim.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I finished my ACC game tonight, can try to do my Pac12 game tomorrow evening, but don't care if I take a sim.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I hate to ask you to wake up early for you, but that's probably what we will need to do. I can't really skip work to play football (as much as I'd like to), so if we could aim for a Wednesday night (US time) window I think that would be our best bet. Otherwise it's wait till the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Got my game in r2a

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 19, 2015

• Locked thread