Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I advanced us but didn't get a chance to post the games.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

OSU has CPU game.

Penn State and MSU are on byes.

This week it's Nebraska vs USC.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
motherfucker, i'm gonna lose the QB i'm targeting to Minnesota who pulled ahead by 540 this week ,and I can't pry that WR away from Cletus. Already lost the other QB I was after to Oregon.

UCLA offense gonna be putrid next season.

xp bug! :negative:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Didn't Cletus back off on that WR?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
looks like Cletus did and I read it wrong. MSU is all up in his business.

as long as my redshirted QB doesn't bail for playing time I should be fine QB wise. I just really want the ATH I'm after because 88 SPD and 89 THP as a freshman, with 84 accuracy, is insane.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 5, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That's literally horseshit compared to what ZSB reels in with VT and OSU.

Dude has QBs with 98THP and are faster than my WRs.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i always usually play poo poo schools (minnesota) in this game and that kind of a QB is a goddamn gem for me, i've never been able to pull in a stud like that (98thp, 90+speed)

Looks like BenedictWong moved in on that WR.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Dubious posted:

i always usually play poo poo schools (minnesota) in this game and that kind of a QB is a goddamn gem for me, i've never been able to pull in a stud like that (98thp, 90+speed)

Looks like BenedictWong moved in on that WR.

I didn't add points to him. I think I completely removed him. I'll check

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs. My Vols starter was a JUCO dude. Always mine the boards late in the season for 2/3* JUCO players that have been ignored but will scout out 78-81 OVR and give you a couple year stop gap.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs. My Vols starter was a JUCO dude. Always mine the boards late in the season for 2/3* JUCO players that have been ignored but will scout out 78-81 OVR and give you a couple year stop gap.

the guy im after is an ATH. I always go for ATH to make QBs because they always are super athletic*

*skip bayless scouting report

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I'm out of town this weekend...return on Wednesday.

What's your availability like on Thursday...or in general during the week? I only work a half day this Friday so I'm willing to lose sleep the night before if necessary.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs.

Even my stubbornness could not oppose this truth. Still, the guys I land have come nowhere near the quality of QBs you have with VT. I really don't understand it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

Even my stubbornness could not oppose this truth. Still, the guys I land have come nowhere near the quality of QBs you have with VT. I really don't understand it.

I got lucky and he's stuck around for 4 years. I had an even better dude lined up behind him, but he transferred to WVU. So i've pushed his poo poo in for 3 years now too. I'm not really sure what QB will look like on my VT squad next season.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

John Brown posted:

What's your availability like on Thursday...or in general during the week? I only work a half day this Friday so I'm willing to lose sleep the night before if necessary.

I could maybe play Thursday late like 11pm eastern timeframe. I'll let you know better when I get back to work Thursday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I could maybe play Thursday late like 11pm eastern timeframe. I'll let you know better when I get back to work Thursday.

Actually, there's a very high chance I'll take off for the rest of the week so name a time and day. The sooner the better because I want to advance us ASAP.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

Actually, there's a very high chance I'll take off for the rest of the week so name a time and day. The sooner the better because I want to advance us ASAP.

TBH today could be tough as have a dinner tonight for a departing coworker and Italian dinners go crazy late. Keep an eye out on case something opens but Friday or Saturday is looking more likely.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm free for most of the day Friday. Saturday is out for sure, and Sunday will be spotty.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

I'm free for most of the day Friday. Saturday is out for sure, and Sunday will be spotty.

Today is looking feasible as long as it's by early afternoon. Still awaiting wife's approval but as long as she and the kiddo had a good day might be able to play in the next few hours.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Name a time I the next 5 hours and I should be able to go.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Someone really should buy Sly a new title. This dude is in goddamn Italy and he still manages to set up and schedule games

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

[Posting to see which time zone this thread is set in]

E: let's try for around 9-9:30am CT.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Ok, see you then. I'll be shooting for around 915 central (which I think is a bit under 2 hours)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I was originally going to say that I didn't expect to win that despite the close score, but now I can't believe I lost that. (throwing deep was dumb even if it connected as you had tons of time to march down again and tie/score).

I'm very annoyed that my guy dropped that easy pick and Pollard overthrew the sure TD but I have a feeling you still were coming away with the victory in that one. I have no idea how you closed on your INT, I knew you knew you blew the coverage on that play before and I knew you thought I was going to the same guy so I figured he was off limits but he looked soo open...you closed that gap frighteningly fast.

good game

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It helps when your safety is 97 SPD and allows you to recover. Also I've practiced quite a bit with stopping and turning in coverage.

Your blitzes were annoying as gently caress. I should've called more WR screens but it was just comical at one point.

GG as always.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 8!

User Matchups:
#4 UCLA @ #9 Michigan St

CPU Games:
Nebraska
Michigan
Penn St

Byes:
USC
OSU

Let's try to make up for the past week and advance by Monday night.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I should be available most of this weekend

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Im free all weekend, starting today around 4pst. Lets knock this out tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
PS can you dump this guy from your board please, you have him lined up for a visit and a scholarship thrown his way still. I'm going to be getting a garbage recruiting class, everyone good is almost gone already and i'm fighting the CPU for scraps.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

For sure, buddy. I'll drop his scholarship when I login. I'm EST but I'll be available today most of the day. Just drop me a line in here or if you're in groupme

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
GG dio, those INTs in the first half were backbreakers. running against your front 4 is hard.

UCLA gets the win in Michigan 31-21.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Score does a bad job of showing how one sided the game really was. Your pass D was stifling. Great game.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, we're going to advance tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 9

User Matchups:
#2 Michigan @ #1 Nebraska
Penn St. @ Michigan St.

Everyone else has CPU games.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm losing a bunch of of O-line next year and ZSB is going to steal all of them in recruiting :smith:

I'm only winning on some 64 ovr scrublord.

I got that wideout though, which solves a big graduating senior.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yea, looking at USC, do me a solid and drop on Jack Moss and Donald Alston, maybe Donald Jefferson.

You dont need 3rd string line men while i start cpu recruited shitheads next year, your o-line is stacked for 3 years at least.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Do you know for sure that all of those players have/had you listed as #1? Can you post a pic of their Top Schools list? I just want to be sure because as you're likely seeing for yourself Olinemen are hard to come by for most.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Penn St, when do you want to play?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
JB, when you wanna rock?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Do you know for sure that all of those players have/had you listed as #1? Can you post a pic of their Top Schools list? I just want to be sure because as you're likely seeing for yourself Olinemen are hard to come by for most.

i'm only close on jack moss it seems, Z pulled far away on the other guys.

If I can't nail him, I will need stat boosts on my o-line next year. I'm losing both tackles and a guard.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Get ahead get what linemen you can and I'll bump them up to 70-74.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

Diodeous posted:

Penn St, when do you want to play?

Im good any night this week.

• Locked thread