Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Once the EA servers are no more, what will you do with your copy of NCAA?
This poll is closed.
Sell it. 0 0%
Give it away as a X-mas to a rivaling sibling. 0 0%
Burn it. 0 0%
Place it in a tropy case similar to the Heisman's. 2 66.67%
Mail it to EA's doorstep. 1 33.33%
Total: 3 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

DYNASTY RULES

1) I will be the first truly cruel commissioner of this era. There's not an actual timetable that I have in mind, because I am human and realize that every situation isn't always the same. However, if you have a CPU game I expect that poo poo to be played by no longer than 72hrs(excluding extraordinary circumstances of course). I don't care if you sim plays to see that it's done. The rate at which we advance will be very arbitrary and to my preference.

2) Please communicate in the thread on a regular basis. It takes but a minute to post about your schedule or any problems you're having in the dynasty.

3) Don't play like a jerk: nano blitzes, 24/7 no-huddle, putting speed WRs at TE(w/o officially changing his position), or in memory of my dear friend Bio - changing a CB to QB, ya know, poo poo like that. I'm not gonna get more specific then that so use your brain. If you have to think twice about it then you probably shouldn't do it in the first place.

4) You can reset CPU games as much as necessary to get the win. Please, no rage quitting against other users, and let's not destroy a user team that isn't available to play for that week. Just do enough to get the win.

CONFERENCE SETUP
We will be using schools from both the BigTen and Pac12 conferences, but consolidating them all under the B1G due to loss of players. This means that anyone joining after the season has started will have to choose a B1G team this season, but can switch to a PAC team(if desired) during the next off-season. Looks like we're to the Wild West as everyone will be shooting for a spot in the B1G CG, and possibly the Rose Bowl.

BigTen
East
Michigan - cletus42o, GT: cletus42o
Michigan State - Diodeous, GT: BenedictWong
Ohio State - Notorious ZSB, GT: JDMTyte

West
Nebraska - John Brown, GT: True Cryme
UCLA - Dubious, GT: Dubious28SS
USC - Slywalker13, GT: Slywalker13
Penn State - Texas A. Wreckus, GT: QuickDrawQuincy

SETTINGS
Difficulty - All American; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.

Dynasty Name: SASBigTenPac12
Password: Goonball4eva

In short, don't be a dick and pay attention to the thread you bastards. So without further ado, let's get to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 2. Due to website issues I can't completely confirm it, but I believe everyone has a CPU game.

I'll be just about the timing on the advance considering several of you just had trouble playing.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

EA is giving me trouble again, extra annoying as that's now two weeks where I've lost the points for scouting but don't get the results. Also wouldn't let me save my game results, probably for the best since my sim Defense is terrible. Granted this team isn't much better when I actually control it either. I'll try to get my game and recruiting in at some point.

:stare: anyone else having this problem?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio and Wreckus, we'll advance Wednesday night unless you've been having more server issues.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FYI I won't be home before 7pm to wipe the results.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I wiped the results from UM vs UCLA.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious is now on AP - sorry for the redundancy Cletus.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We'll advance as soon as ZSB and Sly play their game.

Dio, not sure how many times you can flirt with EA before you lose a sim.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I'll stick around since my interest was heavily renewed by Cletus' drunk league.

good chance i'll take a sim on cpu games, but I'm definitely in for all user games.

Glad to have you back!

I'm going to stick with the results from your AP'ed game this week because we wiped Cletus's game once already.

E: Remember, we have an agreement that teams who have the XP bug are allowed to pursue the recruits who have them listed as #1 without any resistance. It's been a bit helpful in the ACC league.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 21, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really don't understand this game's obsession with handing recruits over to Michigan and Notre Dame.

Cletus isn't even the most recent National Champion and he's dominating in recruiting.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 4

No User Matchups.

CPU Games:
USC
Nebraska
UCLA - Dubious you're now off AP
Penn St.
Michigan

Let's try to advance Tuesday or Wednesday night. Enjoy the weekend!

Dubious, there's a stud CB out there in which you're second to me in his school preference only because I skipped you last week when. you were on AP. His first name is Terry so just search the CBs by interest and you'll find him.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 22, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

thanks for the headsup on those recruits. two huge areas of need.

gonna play my game now. JB, If you're still offering I could really use a small THP boost to my qb Robinson, edit 84 isnt gonna cut it while I try get a replacement ready since I lost my Athlete freshman somehow.

game in, UCLA over NU 56-21, leaning heavy on the run game. QB Robinson puts in a great game, not turning it over and making throws to keep the run game alive, but Freshman Faulk accounts for two bad garbage time picks.

I'll bump it up to 86. Also, we'll be advancing tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 5!

User Matchups:
Michigan @ Penn St

CPU Games:
Nebraska
USC
Mich St.
OSU
UCLA

No byes. Let's try to advance by Friday night or Saturday morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, you have Notre Dame to kill, and then we play after the advance. I'd like to try and prevent you from potentially taking two consecutive losses. Can you play your game? Also, if we advanced today when would you like to play?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We'll advance Monday night. Sky, you have a game as well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Week 6!

UvU: Michigan St. @ Nebraska

CPU games: everyone else but Cletus

Byes: Michigan

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah bitches gonna murder it in recruiting. So many talented players, if this can continue I'll have a real strong team.

You have a top 3 team already 😑

Dio, what's your schedule like today? I'm working from home and should be free 10am-2pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Always at work on weekdays from 630 cst to 4. I can play this evening or Thursday but not too late on either

What about Thursday around 7pm CT?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Would playing earlier or later help out chances to solidify a time?

E: Sly I plan on advancing us after Dio and I play, and I think we're matched up next week. Want to try some time this weekend?

I'd prefer Sunday morning.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 3, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I'm out of town this weekend...return on Wednesday.

What times of the day are best for you?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Earlier works better. Out of work and home by 430 cst

I'll try for 6:30 CT but no promises.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I advanced us but didn't get a chance to post the games.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 5, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

OSU has CPU game.

Penn State and MSU are on byes.

This week it's Nebraska vs USC.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Didn't Cletus back off on that WR?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That's literally horseshit compared to what ZSB reels in with VT and OSU.

Dude has QBs with 98THP and are faster than my WRs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I'm out of town this weekend...return on Wednesday.

What's your availability like on Thursday...or in general during the week? I only work a half day this Friday so I'm willing to lose sleep the night before if necessary.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Anyone that recruits straight up QBs in this game is a fuckin fool. ATH is the only answer for your QB needs.

Even my stubbornness could not oppose this truth. Still, the guys I land have come nowhere near the quality of QBs you have with VT. I really don't understand it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

I could maybe play Thursday late like 11pm eastern timeframe. I'll let you know better when I get back to work Thursday.

Actually, there's a very high chance I'll take off for the rest of the week so name a time and day. The sooner the better because I want to advance us ASAP.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm free for most of the day Friday. Saturday is out for sure, and Sunday will be spotty.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

[Posting to see which time zone this thread is set in]

E: let's try for around 9-9:30am CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It helps when your safety is 97 SPD and allows you to recover. Also I've practiced quite a bit with stopping and turning in coverage.

Your blitzes were annoying as gently caress. I should've called more WR screens but it was just comical at one point.

GG as always.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advanced to Week 8!

User Matchups:
#4 UCLA @ #9 Michigan St

CPU Games:
Nebraska
Michigan
Penn St

Byes:
USC
OSU

Let's try to make up for the past week and advance by Monday night.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, we're going to advance tonight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We're at Week 9

User Matchups:
#2 Michigan @ #1 Nebraska
Penn St. @ Michigan St.

Everyone else has CPU games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Do you know for sure that all of those players have/had you listed as #1? Can you post a pic of their Top Schools list? I just want to be sure because as you're likely seeing for yourself Olinemen are hard to come by for most.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Get ahead get what linemen you can and I'll bump them up to 70-74.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Yea I was thinking about that. Maybe Piper, Der Juicen, or others would participate in a new league. I'd start up a Big 12 dynasty of it comes to that.

E: Or reboot the Big 10/Pac 12 and go with like OSU or USC.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Wreckus, I need a time when you want to play, bud. I don't have the kind of lifestyle where I can just keep an open schedule and wait for a time where I catch that we're both on. I can play every evening but Thursday and my availability is 5:00pm EST to 9:30pm EST.

Sly previously pointed out that I hosed up the post. You actually have a CPU game against Indiana.

It's actually #19 Penn St. (Wreckus) @ #8 USC (Slywalker)

Let's give Texas until Thursday night to respond and then I'll put him on AP.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

E: Try this

https://app.groupme.com/join_group/14542066/9vlrUj

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, Sly, and Wreckus, join the chat. It'll make scheduling games much easier.

• Locked thread