Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once ate at five guys burgers and fries and had a bacon cheeseburger, cajun fries, and a coke. i wore a top hat and had a monocle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
probably red lobster

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
del friscos double eagle steakhouse

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
some stupid place in chicago where theres a fancy buffet and people walk around with fancy meats to give you in exchange for 1 of the 7 black stones you were given when you sat down

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
when i was 18 i worked as a valet at a 5 star inn run by the famous self taught chef patrick o'connel

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

oliver garden

poo poo was fancy in there, i was real uncomfortable :sweatdrop:

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Applebees is pretty frou-frou

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
McDonalds... LOL

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Kentucky fried chicken. Usually have to save up for a while to go there though

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Ola in Miami.

It pretty darn ok, but Im so glad I didnt pay that night.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

poopzilla posted:

oliver garden

poo poo was fancy in there, i was real uncomfortable :sweatdrop:

but the food was amazing, so it was worth it :)

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Alinea

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Little Caesars.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

is this a jackson pollack painting

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

do they just assemble condiments directly on the table so everyone picks at it, like pigs at a trough?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Mrs. Winner's Chicken and Biscuits

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

diabeetz posted:

do they just assemble condiments directly on the table so everyone picks at it, like pigs at a trough?

i guess you just slam your face down on the table like the little brother from christmas story and go to town

fancy indeed

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
The International House of Pancakes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's deconstructed you plebeians.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once ate at a 5 guys and was pretty freakin good

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

diabeetz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofsdSMuGbg

At least put down some wax paper or something gawd

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I went to a KFC in Cairo that served rice once.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
At ate a bunch of fancy places in NYC but the food was always actually better at some ethnic joint in Queens that served your seven dollar entree on a scuffed up melamine plate.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

I went to a KFC in Cairo that served rice once.

i had rice once, pretty good imo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

dad gay. so what posted:

i had rice once, pretty good imo

I thought maybe rice was chopped up potatoes but it was a completely different vegetable altogether or something.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Applebee's and Olive Garden

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

I thought maybe rice was chopped up potatoes but it was a completely different vegetable altogether or something.

yeah i thinks made out of pasta

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah i thinks made out of pasta

Woah, what if you made lasagna with rice? Fancy af!

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Chinese and Italian are the best cuisines in the world

I've eaten at a lot of top tier Chinese and Italian places

Ooh lookit I got a Michelin star here's your basil leaf with splotches of truffle oil that'll be 300 dollars

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

dad gay. so what posted:

i once ate at five guys burgers and fries and had a bacon cheeseburger, cajun fries, and a coke. i wore a top hat and had a monocle.

i literally hope you choke on a loving burger and die

but not until youve eaten most of it

b/c they are pretty good

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I was once out with a girl at a mall when we decided to get something to eat and picked a restaurant inside the mall out of convenience. We met the fancy hostess who gave us an odd look, but I didn't think anything of it. We then made it all the way to our table and received our menu's before it all clicked. The cheapest thing on the menu was a $20 appetizer with a name I couldn't hope to pronounce and upon scanning the establishment we realized we were the only diners there in jeans and t-shirts. An entrepreneur who was either very brave or very misinformed apparently had the bright idea of opening a upscale classy restaurant inside a lovely shopping mall on the wrong side of town.

We quickly made our way out trying to be as discreet as possible as if every soul in that building didn't know exactly why we were ducking out the door. We ended up going to Taco Bell.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Went to the city like 14 years ago and ate at a facny-pants restaurant with a great view:

But the food kinda sucked; it all tasted burnt. The service was pretty bad too. Someone should light a fire under their rear end 'cuz that could be a pretty classy joint. 2/5

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

exspurt analcyst posted:

Went to the city like 14 years ago and ate at a facny-pants restaurant with a great view:

But the food kinda sucked; it all tasted burnt. The service was pretty bad too. Someone should light a fire under their rear end 'cuz that could be a pretty classy joint. 2/5

Oh you!

:allears:

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
Opus 9, a steak house near Williamsburg, VA

Me and my gf got dressed up all fancy and there was some family with their two kids playing on iPads right next to us dressed in shorts and tshirts.

The steak came out to the table still sizzling audibly, the waiter then asked us to cut the steak to see if it was to our liking while he held up a little flash light so we could see it better (mood lighting in the restaurant). I had a nice whiskey of which they had the only bottle in the entire state at the time that the waiter recommended to me.

Best meal I've ever had.

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
Dahmer's in Milwaukee.

Great food, but I was hungry an hour later.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

This members only steakhouse that burnt down. It was really really good but goddamn it's expensive

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I doubt I've been to anywhere fancier than The Keg. Maybe the Boathouse. Meh, fancy restaurants are for people with too much money.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Sheep-Goats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofsdSMuGbg

At least put down some wax paper or something gawd

I also enjoyed Achatz's other restaurant, Next. They had a wonderful Kaiseki theme for a few months,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsENwmK5UtI

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my dog made me dinner once in my kitchen so it wasn't the fanciest location but definitely the most amazing circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

'Sup Alinea buddy?!

I went Eleven Madison Park in February. It was pretty amazing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wizzle fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 8, 2015

• Locked thread