Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who brought the noise?
This poll is closed.
Alternative Pants: The World is a Thorn 1 9.09%
The Mystery Date: Like a Stone 0 0%
SlippyHat: Space Lord 1 9.09%
Koivunen: Hallelujah 2 18.18%
CaptainViolence: Prayer 1 9.09%
Tayter Swift: When Gods Collide 1 9.09%
Radiapathy: Spirit Needs a Spirit Tool 2 18.18%
Hawklad: Heresy 3 27.27%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The fantastic folks in the Musician's Lounge have been at it again! This time around some of us felt that old time religion and others bought express tickets for the bullet train to hell.
Vote for your favorite and if you think you can do better then join us for the next one!

SlippyHat: Space Lord (Monster Magnet)

Koivunen: Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

CaptainViolence: Prayer (Disturbed)

Alternative Pants: The World is a Thorn (Demon Hunter)

The Mystery Date: Like a Stone (Audioslave)

Tayter Swift: When Gods Collide (Thor)

Radiapathy: Spirit Needs a Spirit Tool (His Name Is Alive)

Hawklad: Heresy (Nine Inch Nails)

The whole playlist is here.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

The winner gets to choose the theme for the next round. These contests are always a great time, and we'd love to see it keep going. The more people who enter, the better. You don't need to have amazing skills or fancy equipment to join, so come on by Musician's Lounge and say "I'm in".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I'll be honest, the caliber of entries is making it really hard to vote. I'm definitely impressed.

e: Reviews

To myself: Learn how levels work and how to mix bass.

The Mystery Date: Like a Stone- I love the piano opening and how subtle the whole feel of the track is. Nothing is too prominent to detract from your vocals, which are fantastic. I actually like the repetitive nature of the drum track. If I had to nitpick, it would be the lack of dynamics and the chorus effect. You've got enough of a voice that you could pull off multi-tracking a chorus of yourself, go for it!

SlippyHat: Space Lord- drat. I've heard the original so many times on the radio that I was a little leery of giving this a listen. It's scary how good your voice matches the synths you're using. The only reason I didn't give this my vote was that it felt a bit confined in the mix. Just a hit of reverb in the mix could make this sound huge.

Koivunen: Hallelujah- I'll tell you the exact opposite of what I told SlippyHat. You could stand to dial back the reverb on your vocals just a bit. That said, I absolutely love this! It's such an over done song but I have to say you do it better than most. I always love your voice and piano anyway.

CaptainViolence: Prayer- You sonovabitch. This is my go to drunk karaoke song and now I'll never not hear ukulele. I gotta hand it to you for going after a song with a vocal range like this. I admit I'm not a fan of the chorus vocals and the bridge is a bit weird, but that's just me being nitpicky. If you did an entire album of covers in this style I'd throw money at it for the sheer novelty factor.

Tayter Swift: When Gods Collide- I'm not big on this style, I'll be honest. The vocals didn't really do anything for me. That said I have to hand it to you for how clean this sounds. I've tried to do electronic music before and it's never turned out well, so I have to give you credit for that.

Radiapathy: Spirit Needs a Spirit Tool- You always have some of the biggest sounds in these contests and this entry is no different. I dunno how you get such a nice full sound with so much happening without it sounding too busy, but I like it.

Hawklad: Heresy drat your fingers! I wish I could play guitar like that. I especially liked the mandolin(maybe?) flourishes.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 11, 2015

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

I wish those were live drums! That's actually the stock drum editor in cubase 7 with the stock sounds. The guitars and bass were live though.

Alternative pants fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 11, 2015

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

The poll runs to Friday. Need more votes.

• Locked thread