Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Making bad choices and signing up for a third game :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Here we are.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote quiznos too late

i like hurting posters

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Excited to play with Foo. Hi Foo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm too pretty for a mask.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote gulagdolls

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah the earlier Ghostly post was on point.

##vote wall monitor

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't want to vote Foo. It's weird to me that anyone has any interest in voting Foo.

WWM did seem antsy but I think that's a normal reaction to a lot of pressure with no reasoning behind it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would love to kill Gulag and beat him up.

Mithross posted:

Ghostly made a solid case, but I don't think I'm ready to trust Hal again, and he's also on board.

##vote WWM

Highlander rules work either way, right?

Real bad post/vote. He's ignoring valid content because Hal is backing it, in favor of a bandwagon vote with a lot of momentum. The question at the end of his post seems too self-conscious.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also, Mithross says that GG made a solid case. That case was presumably Ghostly pointing out that WM was forcing an unnecessary and scummy highlander vote. Then Mithross goes along with that highlander vote.

##vote Mithross

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

noting this as thirdvote

Do you have anything to say about it being a thirdvote though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

ummmmm

the immediately preceding post is this one:

somberbrero u got some explaining to do here

not sure I understand. Ghostly makes the point that forcing a thunderdome or highlander or whatever is scummy, which is what Wall Monitor does. I agree, I vote Wall Monitor. Mithross agrees that Ghostly made a good point, then votes Which Way Madness. Mithross seems to be under the impression that Ghostly was backing the highlander vote rather than calling it scummy. I guess this could imply that Mithross just misunderstood, or else I misunderstood the point Ghostly was making, but I think it's indicative of Mithross faking content.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

I like your old avatar better

Me too.

There's no point to acknowledging that Pig was the third vote unless you think it says something about his alignment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hands up if you think that WWM is a better lunch than Mithross, because as it stands those are our two options.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

Actually, I thought highlander was a joke case, and was trying to play along, since there can be only one would work either way. I apparently just don't get joke phase. I think slamburger voting me with no reason is more indicative than my failed joke.

You seemed sincere though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

The Mithross bandwagon seems scummy as heck. How did Wall Monitor go from being tied for lynch leader with WWM, to not having any heat at all? That's suspicious. I feel like a No Lynch D1 could hurt the town, but both options seem terrible.

We miss-lunch a town today, scum gets a town in the night. Down two town start of D2.

I'd rather no lynch than be put in that spot because neither candidates seem scummy. The deadline seems quick due to time zones, and D1 was over a weekend so not a lot of content was generated. If we are lynching someone, I'd much rather it be Gulag. I don't feel comfortable with Mithross or WWM.

I don't care for this post because it's bad. What about the Mithross votes constitute a bandwagon?

-2 Town at the start of day two is standard. When balancing games, most moderators should assume that the town will mislunch day one, because it's just far more likely. No-lunching today is terrible. We'll start day two with one piece of information as opposed to two. We'll reiterate the same arguments and expand a little on them rather than approaching the next day with new information. This isn't your first game, so this is a weird sentiment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Big Nothing posted:

They're both poo poo lynch options

why

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

i buy it as a failed joke, this is his 2nd game

Really though? If that was a joke it was incredibly deadpan. It's scummy to compartmentalize your vote inside a joke anyway.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're posturing pretty hard considering we pissed away today and can probably just barely manage a lunch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

but not during jokephase, which is what it seems like he was trying to do, poorly. i'm not voting mithross today

if there's any clear delineation between jokephase and gamephase i would put it right around when the wwm/wm votes started.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

nah i'd put it much closer to when ghostly and i explicitly started making actual arguments

I guess going any further into this doesn't provide any real benefit but I think that Ghostly's vote on Wall Monitor was serious.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Arguing about whether or not it is better to no-lunch does not help us here. I will save us both the time and let you know that it is almost never a good idea. This is as close to immutable truth as you get in Mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That absolutely did not read like a joke vote to me. I misunderstood then. I thought Ghostly was calling out WM for promoting a vote that could only end in one of two players being lunched, which is a scummy way to direct votes and is rarely helpful to town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gulag is right.

I would vote GG if it were possible today. It is not. ##vote which way madness Sorry lovely Wok.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dugong posted:

Not about game related stuff

final fantasy sucks.

sorry i've been holding that in for a while.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I/(III/VI)/IV/V are good IMO. Outside of that, ehhh.

but are they good in the context of when you played them, or right now?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

I still enjoy 4 and 6, although they are a bit dated. In particular, knowing all the incredibly exploitable bugs in 6 makes it hard to do a regular play through, like when I was younger

well that's fair enough.

baldur's gate is one of my favorite games, but I can't say that it has good gameplay or design within a modern context.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I bought the phone port, it is unforgiving and painfully hard, but very worthwhile. Have you played Pillars yet? I can't stop gushing about it.

I own it but I can't play it until I'm through with Bloodborne. I just have to double back to Castle Cainhurst at this point!

As someone who played a lot of D&D 2nd Edition, anything based on D&D 2nd Edition can't be objectively good. I think the story succeeds in spite of itself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

##vote ghostlygangsta
let those who choose to live in sin, die in sin

yeah i'll vote ghoulman.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

WHICH WAY MADNESS (8): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, mr.capps, Captain Foo, Mithross, wall monitor, Somberbrero, Captain Foo, Slamburger, Ghostly Gangsta, CapitalistPig
wall monitor (2): bowmore, Ghostly Gangsta, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Ghostly Gangsta, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero
Ghostly Gangsta (2): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Big Nothing, Captain Foo
Mithross (1): Slamburger, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, Epsilon Plus, Somberbrero, Slamburger, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (1): GulagDolls, Quidnose, GulagDolls
Epsilon Plus (1): WHICH WAY MADNESS
Quidnose (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Captain Foo (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
GulagDolls (0): Slamburger, Ghostly Gangsta, Quidnose, Quidnose, Ghostly Gangsta, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Slamburger, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
bowmore (0): WHICH WAY MADNESS, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 18th, 2015 at 8 p.m. BST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

even though there wasn't much effort day one, everyone was at least voting. freaky.

i feel good about foo but i forgot that he jumped ship to gg near the end there. i would vote nothing before foo if i were going to read into that though.

I feel worse about Ghost seeing his awkward reaction to capps' joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Ghostly Gangsta

I like that Slamburger post too though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hm well the scum is at least one of ghost/pig/nothing with foo as a dark horse, because while it was easy to miss the text that said WWM was Mafia, there was also a picture of Jacket right there with it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

so Somber is confirmed town huh, that's nifty

Yeah that was pretty nice of WWM.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

sure, but why is that worth considering now?

I'm still fine lunching Ghost. I feel like we have a solid pool of lunch candidates, let us just move forward.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quid if I make you mad by calling you a big whiny fart will you come post?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thank you very much for continuing to try, but that's immediately apparent bullshit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Or, and just bear with me here, is the wine in front of you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the reason why lovely wok would use such a piss-useless power is because he had it anyway and hey maybe someone will wifom somber to death.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

piss-useless??? tsk. Also it would take a consensus for you to be killed, I've already been made out to look like a complete nutter. So why are you even sweating it? I'm more concerned about your posts, not just the fact that a flipped scum revealed you as town.

The way you go after mithross, the way you take that highlander vote, your apparent squirming when questioned by Foo, your immediate reaction to my current case. It's real defensive, and again, you did spend a lot of time defending the only person who flipped scum.

I'm just trying to interpret what's there, WIFOM or no WIFOM.

actually you raise a good point, why am I bothering to respond to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I made a case about it. I mean that's why the gently caress I did it lol.

I'm probably just stupid, to whoever was wondering, but gently caress it. I already shoved my whole foot in my mouth, what have I got to lose?

Read as: Well, I'm going to get lunched, might as well try to take down a confirmed town.

• Locked thread